The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Latest clue is that the manufacturer is a lot older, but released its first significant car in 1975. Which is when the BMW 3-series first came out.
Yeah it seems that is what it is going to be.

I'm curious as to what model it will be. Could be the new DTM, or a GrandAm GT. I highly doubt they go with the GT2 because they already have the Ford GT and they don't like to have those rivalries. They were hinting touring cars, but I don't think they'd get BMW as a partner then pump out a touring car. Also the Z4 GT3 probably won't be likely as they have the Mclaren in the works.

I'd take the BMW M3 GT4 though.
I'd like the first 6 series to be honest as a old school DTM spec car. That would be awesome driving those tanks around.
Someone on the internets pointed out, that they are going to take that UK scanning trip, which could mean some BTCC BMW aswell.

I wouldn't want that.
Quote from Kid222 :Someone on the internets pointed out, that they are going to take that UK scanning trip, which could mean some BTCC BMW aswell.

I wouldn't want that.

Yeah I thought it was Ginetta before this last hint. Sucks really, why get BMW just to plugin a touring car. If anything I would rather have FWDs for a touring car series, and I hate FWDs!

Edit: first RUF that replicated Porsche was in 1975.
was just about to post..

worth getting
Ruf never raced. Why would be want a streetcar to take on the track?
Well it has 730hp and they are planning on making the RWD version. I find that rather humorous though as they are having problems with that exact type of car with the NTM..

The Cadillac is supposed to come out this coming season, the RUF is now going to follow it.
Quote from PMD9409 :The Cadillac is supposed to come out this coming season, the RUF is now going to follow it.

Actually Steve said it's going to be coming after McLaren.

Quote :The Ruf is the @iRacing car we have slotted in behind the @McLaren_GT . We are starting data collection ASAP

http://twitter.com/#!/iRacingMyers

Quote from Crommi :Actually Steve said it's going to be coming after McLaren.

probably 2014 then
Quote from PMD9409 :Well it has 730hp and they are planning on making the RWD version. I find that rather humorous though as they are having problems with that exact type of car with the NTM..

yup, though I'm interested to try the V8 out on the ntm when it comes. Hope it's better than it is on the old tyre model. Please tell me the RUF wont be like the v8 :O
Quote from StableX :Please tell me the RUF wont be like the v8 :O

Why would it? If the tyre model is done correctly it will handle the complete opposite of what the Skip does. (of course the skip shouldn't handle the way it should).
Ah shit.

GREAT.

I guess I'll be subbing to iRacing again someday by the looks of it.

This is bullshit.

edit: well, by the time the car is actually ready, RF2 will probably have some good mods with Porches, so I may not be in danger...
Quote from Crommi :Actually Steve said it's going to be coming after McLaren.

Yeah my bad, got it mixed up.

@Andy: AFAIK the V8 wasn't that far along on the NTM, because the NTM needed some major work on the high powered cars. I'd be surprised if it had the NTM next season.
What I can't get my head around is the fact that the NTM works on some cars and not others. if it was all that good, it would work on all cars, or none?
And tweaks made to cars all the time? In my book that screams "fudge" long and far.
Everyone who has tried various tweaked cars in LFS knows that a car with over 700bhp and rwd is not fun for very long. While fun at first it is a very tiring car to drive. Tons of ooompf but very hard to drive especially if they get the iracing slick tires on it instead of realistic slick tires...

Imho the RUF RGT-8 would be perfect. Nice amount of controllable power, rear engined and rwd. Something closer to porsche cup car. Even if it doesn't have 6-cyl boxer engine. Or maybe iracing wants to leave the door open and room for a real porsche cup car so the ruf should not be too close to it spec-wise? But even then the 4wd ruf road car would be nice specialty vehicle imho. I know I'd want a trackday car in iracing. But not a 700hp rwd beast

I don't want to complain but 700+bhp rwd "porsche" is a very niche type of car. In lfs I think for a FZ50 the upper power limit where it is still fun is at 600hp. The same for XRT. But with 700+hp the car starts to become a chore to drive.

EDIT: wait, does this mean the lotus 49 is delayed?
Boo... Rather a GT3 RSR, RS, GT2 RS or something... But a goddamn RUF?

Quote from Töki (HUN) :Boo... Rather a GT3 RSR, RS, GT2 RS or something... But a goddamn RUF?

Can't be too picky really. I think it's a brilliant step to getting a Porsche where EA stop anyone else using it officially so fair play to iRacing for getting that deal.

Yeah, Hyper, the RGT-8 would be much better.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well it has 730hp and they are planning on making the RWD version. I find that rather humorous though as they are having problems with that exact type of car with the NTM..

Any more info/speculation on that? I haven't heard anything on the NTM since Eric Hudec's update on vulcanization.
Quote from atledreier :What I can't get my head around is the fact that the NTM works on some cars and not others. if it was all that good, it would work on all cars, or none?
And tweaks made to cars all the time? In my book that screams "fudge" long and far.

By the same logic, I always keep thinking that each car on iRacing has it's own tyre model because they are able to update one car to a newer tyre model but leave others on an old tyre model.

In regards to the NTM VS OTM, it's like they only wrote NTM for oval racing, because on the NTM oval racing is alot better and more realistic, but to my, driving NTM on the road (excluding high downforce cars like HPD and FW31) feels like playing a totally different game almost.
Quote from carfetish :Any more info/speculation on that? I haven't heard anything on the NTM since Eric Hudec's update on vulcanization.

Here is the last thing posted (this is talking V8 only for some of it):
Quote from Ian Berwick :We're listening, but the NTM isn't working particularly well with these High-horsepower, relatively under-tired cars. It's being driven/looked at very closely on a regular basis.

We'll look at the fuel cell and fuel economy deal for the next build, but aero is a bit more complicated, and suspension geometry changes during pit-stops is (for now) a no-go.

If anyone out there can get some aero data from a team or manufacturer, I'm happy to look into that particular detail, but I don't like making numbers up...

Plus the RUF isn't on slicks.

Side track:

Just 'raced' Kevin Korjus in the Miatas at Limerock, of all things. He ran away with it as you can imagine.
So im having a shit time in A class and i keep having bad races...i have a tendency to spin myself while racing D class races. Cause theres never anything higher going. So if i get demoted what does my SR start at?

And wow i never actually realised just how bad the NTM was the Mazdas are stupid slippy. And the Skip just breaks loose when ever it wants to and even when it is sliding you cant save it. SAH STUPID! Regret putting money into this now....Maybe iracing will give me a refund lololol.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG