Quote from CheerioDM :Let the Right One In

Låt den rätte komma in (original title)

Read the book's synopsis... and the way you watch it will change
Ballada o bombere

This movie amazed me.. 3hours long but every minute worth the watching. Russians seems to know how to make movies (Coming from a hater of russia...)
How The West Was Won.
Length: 02:44:41
Epic
Most of you wouldn't like it I guess.
But a good place to start in American fictional history.
Make sure you watch the Blu-ray 1920x660.
Display aspect ratio : 2.909
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinerama
-
(hempishemp) DELETED by Flame CZE : spam
Act Of Valor Fckin A, got what i was hoping for, maybe even more.. Action scenes and shootouts awesomely (and realisticaly) portrayed (they used real bullets), acting not even that bad, o contraire, given that it's the real SEAL's that do the acting..
For every FPS fan or just a fan of this stuff generally, a must see.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Act Of Valor Fckin A, got what i was hoping for, maybe even more.. Action scenes and shootouts awesomely (and realisticaly) portrayed (they used real bullets), acting not even that bad, o contraire, given that it's the real SEAL's that do the acting..

Defo gonna watch this.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Act Of Valor Fckin A, got what i was hoping for, maybe even more.. Action scenes and shootouts awesomely (and realisticaly) portrayed (they used real bullets), acting not even that bad, o contraire, given that it's the real SEAL's that do the acting..

watching that this saturday with my date. coz i need action before the action
btw is it like bf3 ? :P
Am I allowed to write about movies I DO NOT recommend?
Watched the Battle Royal last night with some friends, who had recommended the movie for me.
IMO it sucked balls, bigtime. The acting was bad, the background history was bad and as progressing through the movie it had a lot of holes, and the main progression of the movie was bad overral.

It looks like it they tried to use manga / anime effects to make it cooler (for example the last battle with the bad guy, just lol) , but in the end it just whent over the top and looked stupid.
The whole damn movie was stupid! They tried to make each death very emotional and all that, problem is that you don't get any emotion connection to a character you don't even know!! And what's up with all the flawed and bad love histories? I swear, was it like 5 or 6 of those miserable histories in it?

I want the time used on the movie back, it was a waste.
The idea itself is good and all that, but the finished product was a disgrace.
Troll Hunter was good as well
Quote from The Very End :Am I allowed to write about movies I DO NOT recommend?
Watched the Battle Royal last night with some friends, who had recommended the movie for me.
IMO it sucked balls, bigtime. The acting was bad, the background history was bad and as progressing through the movie it had a lot of holes, and the main progression of the movie was bad overral.

It looks like it they tried to use manga / anime effects to make it cooler (for example the last battle with the bad guy, just lol) , but in the end it just whent over the top and looked stupid.
The whole damn movie was stupid! They tried to make each death very emotional and all that, problem is that you don't get any emotion connection to a character you don't even know!! And what's up with all the flawed and bad love histories? I swear, was it like 5 or 6 of those miserable histories in it?

I want the time used on the movie back, it was a waste.
The idea itself is good and all that, but the finished product was a disgrace.

Defo not gonna watch this.
Battle Royale rules.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Battle Royale rules.

Why? Did I miss the whole point of the movie, did I overlook something significant? Please enlighten me
Quote from e2mustang :watching that this saturday with my date. coz i need action before the action
btw is it like bf3 ? :P

Haven't played campaign but yes the first person views they used, holographic sites, lasers etc, very much resemble it But it's more like live version of earlier Rainbow Six games and Modern Warfare campaigns
Quote from The Very End :Why? Did I miss the whole point of the movie, did I overlook something significant? Please enlighten me

It's just a ton of fun. Takeshi Kitano is great, there's plenty of carnage, it's pretty funny, and the concept is cool as hell. Don't know what else you'd want from a low-budget Japanese film based on a manga, tbh.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's just a ton of fun. Takeshi Kitano is great, there's plenty of carnage, it's pretty funny, and the concept is cool as hell. Don't know what else you'd want from a low-budget Japanese film based on a manga, tbh.

Well, even if it's based on a manga it could have been done so much better. Firstly the movie should have tried to get the veiwer to get some emotional bonds to the character, that way it would have been a more powerfull movie which could have been pretty good.

For me it's just to shallow, and as you say, sure it got some interesting or maybe even good death scenes, but that's it. For me the movie gave me nothing back from veiwing it
I think you're just taking it too seriously.

But to each his own.
I didn't find Battle Royale all that interesting either. The actual "battle" scenes were very poor... Sorry, but a guy walking around as if nothing happened when he actually just ate a full Uzi clip, is a massive immersion breaker...
You guys probably didn't enjoy Bad Taste either! Philistines!

Films like these are great either despite being very low budget or because of it. Obviously it's understandable that you might not find them to have the same polish, attention to detail, camerawork, script etc as higher budget work, but if you really expect that on a shoestring budget you're asking too much. Well, unless you count Primer.
Quote from DevilDare :I didn't find Battle Royale all that interesting either. The actual "battle" scenes were very poor... Sorry, but a guy walking around as if nothing happened when he actually just ate a full Uzi clip, is a massive immersion breaker...

/fp
If you wanna watch a good army movie just watch the documentary Restrepo (2010) its touching and you see what really happens out there,nothings fake !
Quote from e2mustang :If you wanna watch a good army movie just watch the documentary Restrepo (2010) its touching and you see what really happens out there,nothings fake !

Watched it.. and it's not a movie really

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG