Third: Nick Heidfeld

Fastest Lap: Mark Webber, Red Bull-Renault, 1:40.571

Winning Drivers

2011: Sebastian Vettel
2010: Sebastian Vettel
2009: Jenson Button
2008: Kimi Raikkonen
2007: Fernando Alonso

Forecasted Weather (as at Tuesday 20 March)

Friday: 24-32C, chance of thunderstorms, 20% chance of rain
Saturday: 25-33C, chance of thunderstorms, 40% chance of rain
Sunday: 24-32C, chance of thunderstorms, 60% chance of rain
slight early?
With 2 days to FP1? I don't think so...
Times (UTC)
Practice 1 Fri 02:00
Practice 2 Fri 06:00
Practice 3 Sat 05:00
Qualifying Sat 08:00
Race Sun 08:00

I think those are right. Means I'll be downloading the qualifying and race sessions.
Hope it's gonna be good. Rain could be interesting and bring Mercedes and Lotus more into contention which would be nice to see.
#7 - CSF
Rain = SC wins
#8 - Bean0
Quote from PMD9409 :Times (UTC)
Practice 1 Fri 02:00
Practice 2 Fri 06:00
Practice 3 Sat 05:00
Qualifying Sat 08:00
Race Sun 08:00

I think those are right. Means I'll be downloading the qualifying and race sessions.

Yup, but a reminder that we go to DST over here this weekend so the race is 9am in the UK.
Yeah. There is no light rain in Malaysia. It's either dryer than british humor or so wet the new mercedes SLR safety submarine needs to lead the cars around the track.
I bet Räikkönen hopes for rain. If he cant have a podium, at least he gets some ice cream!
And a Coke. Lets not forget that.
wonder how maldonaldo is gonna do. Last race i was totally going for him to take 5 place(?) lost it on the last lap. nice driving by the man.
-
(Danas) DELETED by Danas
Quote from Danas :wonder how maldonaldo is gonna do. Last race i was totally going for him to take 5 place(?) lost it on the last lap. nice driving by the man.

He does have pace but so far I am not impressed with his race craft.
Quote from Joris :He does have pace but so far I am not impressed with his race craft.

I agree.
well it was a little mistake there with grosjean but i guess he just miscalculated
My impression of him from F1 and the few GP2 races I watched is that he miscalculates somewhat often.

But he really didn't have a very racy car last year, and I only watched a few GP2 races in 2008/2009, so I dunno.
This chat belongs in the Australia thread doesn't it?

Back to Malaysia...

Any takers for a Mercedes on the front row? Super Duper DRS has a lot of straights to work on at Sepang.
Rosberg is on record saying they may have to compromise their quali pace to focus on race setup. I mean, take that with a grain of salt, but...
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Any takers for a Mercedes on the front row? Super Duper DRS has a lot of straights to work on at Sepang.

Not really, it's more general discussion than who was specifically at fault last weekend... besides, we've moved on from Australia, if he was a big story in multiple ways last weekend, you have to expect people will be anxious to see what happens to him the next one.

I'll bite for a Mercedes making the front row, to make an all-silver front row.
Bottas appeared in FP1

11 Valtteri Bottas Williams–Renault 1:39.724 + 1.703 23
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :My impression of him from F1 and the few GP2 races I watched is that he miscalculates somewhat often.

Could say the same about Hamilton but he still got a championship.

Quote from TexasLTU :Bottas appeared in FP1

11 Valtteri Bottas Williams–Renault 1:39.724 + 1.703 23

Yay.
A full day of dry running today. Race pace running order looks to be McLaren and Red Bull, then Mercedes. After that, Lotus and Alonso - although Lotus didn't look tremendously planted.
#23 - CSF
Kimi 5 place grid pen for a change of gearbox because of overheating/an off in Australia... at least he has another excuse this time!
BOTTAS! That is all...

2012 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix
(319 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG