The online racing simulator
Quote from JazzOn :huh?? thats what Blueflame is saying...

He was holding his ground on the track, why does any competitor have the right to force a lapped car off the track?
Quote from BlueFlame :He was holding his ground on the track, why does any competitor have the right to force a lapped car off the track?

He does not and its not what Vettel did... he was very tight, indeed, but it would have worked out, if narain wouldn't had done what he did.

PS. and thas all i'm saying

bye
Quote from JazzOn :He does not and its not what Vettel did... he was very tight, indeed, but it would have worked out, if narain wouldn't had done what he did.

PS. and thas all i'm saying

bye

Yes, had Narain had eyes on the back of his head, and complete awares of where each car is on track at all times, and had he not gone wide and got water on his slick tyres he wouldn't have done what he did.

Same could said for Seb. He isn't totally blameless. He made an error, so did Narain.
Quote from Intrepid :Yes, had Narain had eyes on the back of his head, and complete awares of where each car is on track at all times, and had he not gone wide and got water on his slick tyres he wouldn't have done what he did.

Same could said for Seb. He isn't totally blameless. He made an error, so did Narain.

Don't waste your energy Al. Some people really do take the biscuit though.

These are the same kind of people that expect someone being dive bombed from 100m back should turn away from the corner to avoid getting wrecked.
How are you always so wrong about stuff Blueflame?
Quote from tristancliffe :How are you always so wrong about stuff Blueflame?

Except I'm not. Well, this time anyway.

Although all this debate instead of a Hamilton thrashing and so on is a bloody relief.
You don't seem to understand anything. You can't comprehend that Narain didn't do anything particularly wrong, or that Vettel didn't cut across at all, and you're not taking into account the conditions, the time frame etc. And you still fail to see how giving up a corner can be beneficial at times.

And when I say "always" wrong, I mean "ALWAYS", without exception. Nobody is always right, but you are always wrong. How? Have you ever been right about anything
Let's just settle this and call it a racing incident..... Why??? Because it was!!!
When tristan says something its fact without question.

Afterall hes a real life racer driving with the big boys, you can't question that.
Basically people discredit what I say because it's ME, not because of what I say.
Quote from BlueFlame :Basically people discredit what I say because it's ME, not because of what I say.

Human nature, get used to it. Once wrong, you need to explain yourself with twice the effort. Once a criminal, twice the effort to prove your innocent. Always right, hard to be proven wrong or disagreed with. And on the internet, its even worse.
Seems Mr Vettel does have more than one finger...

Quote from aoun :Human nature, get used to it. Once wrong, you need to explain yourself with twice the effort. Once a criminal, twice the effort to prove your innocent. Always right, hard to be proven wrong or disagreed with. And on the internet, its even worse.

Wise words sir.
Quote from Bean0 :Seems Mr Vettel does have more than one finger...

Haha, i wouldn't mind seeing this once in a while.

Also everyone already noticed before me, but interesting thing is, that in top10 is 9 different teams. Only team, who managed to bring two cars up there is Force India.

Now i demand more light sprinkles in Shangay.
I like how although he's fighting control of his car he still has confidence enough to make those gestures though.
Racing incident, having mulled it over, although I would side on Vettel being more at fault - if one applies road traffic logic...

Vettel seems to consider these "idiots" to be some kind of racing underclass. This is a fault amongst many top drivers - remember Hamilton's "monkeys at the back" comment? When you drive on the road in traffic you have to assume that everyone else in control of a car is retarded and blind, unless they prove otherwise. If Vettel used this logic, instead of driving within a few inches of an "idiot" then he may have finished 4th.

HRT's race is just as important to HRT as Red Bull's is to Red Bull. I remember a quote from Martin Brundle when he was called into Ken Tyrell's office one day. Ken was poring over a lapchart and said (paraphrasing) "you lost 0.5s when you were lapped by Piquet. Do you have any idea how much money it would cost to make the car 0.5s a lap faster?".

Remember, it's not even points that count - it's finishing positions. Lotus (Caterham) finished 10th in the constructors title last year because of Trulli finishing 13th somewhere. A single race could have a massive effect on the championship (and therefore future revenue) for these guys.
Whichever way I looked at it, it was the HRT turning right and into the left rear of Vettel?

How come so many people were saying it was more Vettel's fault?

To me it was a slight misjudgement of Narain as to where the front corner of his car was, with a terrible consequences for the car he hit. It's a racing incident but of a type which the stewards would usually issue a penalty, and they did.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Racing incident, having mulled it over, although I would side on Vettel being more at fault - if one applies road traffic logic...

Vettel seems to consider these "idiots" to be some kind of racing underclass. This is a fault amongst many top drivers - remember Hamilton's "monkeys at the back" comment? When you drive on the road in traffic you have to assume that everyone else in control of a car is retarded and blind, unless they prove otherwise. If Vettel used this logic, instead of driving within a few inches of an "idiot" then he may have finished 4th.

HRT's race is just as important to HRT as Red Bull's is to Red Bull. I remember a quote from Martin Brundle when he was called into Ken Tyrell's office one day. Ken was poring over a lapchart and said (paraphrasing) "you lost 0.5s when you were lapped by Piquet. Do you have any idea how much money it would cost to make the car 0.5s a lap faster?".

Remember, it's not even points that count - it's finishing positions. Lotus (Caterham) finished 10th in the constructors title last year because of Trulli finishing 13th somewhere. A single race could have a massive effect on the championship (and therefore future revenue) for these guys.

QFT.

Just to reitterate JCTK, watch the onboard footage of Vettel. From the TV cam looking down the straight it looks like NK is turning right to get a quick tow but I don't think that was the case.
I missed that incident live, but yeah i really can't blame Narain for this, Vettel had the two thirds of a track width to go right..
Perez should have gone on softs... That run off killed him
Just to reiterate my point. Yes Vettel had more room on the right which he could have used and he'll certainly be giving backmarkers a wider berth next time, but whilst his line is not exactly accomodating to Karth, the only reason that is the case is that Karth acts like there is no other car there. He could have stayed well out of the way, he wasn't being forced on to the paint, there is plenty of room.

Vettel's misjudgement is of what Karth would do, Karth's error is what actually causes the collision. And I still say he could have turned left to avoid it at the last second if he'd been alert.
Quote from Bean0 :Bearing in mind how HRT affected both the McLaren and Red Bull races, would it be wrong for either or both teams to start running a couple of Q1 laps with the softer tyre in order to decrease the 107% time and keep them out of future races altogether ?

The contact with Button was clearly not their fault, though, and it seems most people agree the Vettel contact was a racing incident of one kind or another.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The contact with Button was clearly not their fault, though, and it seems most people agree the Vettel contact was a racing incident of one kind or another.

FWIW I do think the collision with Vettel was 100% Narain's fault, but I imagine it was quite a mentally taxing day at work to be driving such a shitty car on such a shitty day. Anyway I'm sure Vettel will be more careful lapping cars in future.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The contact with Button was clearly not their fault, though, and it seems most people agree the Vettel contact was a racing incident of one kind or another.

Fault doesn't matter, if the HRT had not been on track then neither would have happened. And if a fast team had run the softer tyre in Q1, they would not have been on the track.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Vettel seems to consider these "idiots" to be some kind of racing underclass. This is a fault amongst many top drivers - remember Hamilton's "monkeys at the back" comment?

Or top teams - ie: Ferrari.

Anyway, great post Storm Cloud

2012 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix
(319 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG