The online racing simulator
Quote from Juzaa :You're saying that because Shumacher was willing to do anything to win he's not one of the best drivers ever?

Rule #1 of competition, you never wreck anybody to win. If you wreck to win, you mayaswell be a talentless fool, because anybody can turn in on a guy and wreck 'em for the win.

I didn't say Schumacher was talentless previously, I just said I don't value his talent, because if you have talent in abundance, you shouldn't feel the need to wreck people for victories/points.
Schumacher wasn't being paid millions to demonstrate his talent. He would be failing at his job if he did anything else other than winning.

Maybe in today's internet age Schumacher's actions may not be seen as something modern teams would sign up to. Branding/sponsorship isn't ALL about pure winning. But when Schumacher was racing it was very different. His talent was his ruthless nature.

meh balah megggsa ndwlhfkjfcnsd
Quote from BlueFlame :Rule #1 of competition, you never wreck anybody to win. If you wreck to win, you mayaswell be a talentless fool, because anybody can turn in on a guy and wreck 'em for the win.

I didn't say Schumacher was talentless previously, I just said I don't value his talent, because if you have talent in abundance, you shouldn't feel the need to wreck people for victories/points.

Rule number #1 Do not wreck a British driver.
Tell that to Senna and Prost.
Quote from sil3ntwar :Tell that to Senna and Prost.

I was just going to say, how many drivers/ teams does this mean he hates, because they pushed/ broke the rules at one point? Schumacher, Senna, Prost, Renault(now Lotus), Piquet Jr., Alonso (who benefited from Piquet), McLaren (spygate), yadda yadda yadda.

And what about the teams that have used devices that are very borderline or even illegal over the years? There's at least one of those pretty much every year.

It's just the nature of the game. You push the rules as far as they will go, perhaps a bit further in the pursuit of victory. Could fill an entire novel on Formula 1 controversies, and then some.
Senna wrecked Prost for political reasons. Whilst unacceptable on track, was accepted by all off the track, hence why he was never penalized.

I'm not referring to what teams are doing, I'm referring to that one man behind the wheel. Just like on LFS or any other online sim, if you wreck to win you gain a reputation, and a negative one you'll also most likely find you won't get invited back to any leagues.
Quote from BlueFlame :Senna wrecked Prost for political reasons. Whilst unacceptable on track, was accepted by all off the track, hence why he was never penalized.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Quote from BlueFlame :Senna wrecked Prost for political reasons. Whilst unacceptable on track, was accepted by all off the track, hence why he was never penalized.

No.

Senna was never penalized because there was nothing they could do to penalize him, Senna saw a loop in the rules and even Balestre highlighted that even though it was injust and unfair there was nothing they could do. What can you do? You cannot take points away from him as that that is not the rules, and how do you fine a man who is earning up to $25m a year. Please stop talking out of your arse mister

I'm not referring to what teams are doing, I'm referring to that one man behind the wheel. Just like on LFS or any other online sim, if you wreck to win you gain a reputation, and a negative one you'll also most likely find you won't get invited back to any leagues.

Both of Schumachers controversial moves where pretty much identical to what Prost did to senna at suzuka in '89, when he purposely turned in early.

What Senna did in 1990 though was much more dangerious then any of the moves done by the other two though.
#286 - col
Quote from BlueFlame :...anybody can turn in on a guy and wreck 'em for the win.

Yeah, if you're stuck in 20th, all you need to do is wreck someone and you will win the championship... It's not been working for Massa has it
Quote from col :Yeah, if you're stuck in 20th, all you need to do is wreck someone and you will win the championship... It's not been working for Massa has it

It takes no skill or talent to wreck someone. Nobody can argue against that.
...:'(
pwnt!
#291 - CSF
That was Simons fault! He's the pro at wrecking with his team mates, just like in iRacing!!1 :/

Stop the trolling :'(
#293 - CSF

weeeeee
Quote from Mustafur :What Senna did in 1990 though was much more dangerious then any of the moves done by the other two though.

I did not watch any F1 for ten years after that, Senna will always be an ass in my book.
Quote from heson :Senna will always be an ass in my book.

Why? Because he broke the biassed regime of Balestre and Prost?
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Quote from SCA-F1 :

Senna movie doesn't do history justice, so don't base your predictably empty comments off what you saw at the cinema.

You really think someone who has been watching motorsport since birth bases their opinion on Senna from a movie that came out, what? Like a half year ago?
Quote from PMD9409 :.

That moment took no skill but it was political. It's a shame but it's true, although you could say safely it is karma for a previous year. So to say Senna had 3 WDC is fair game as Senna got all the WDC he deserved.

Schumachers wrecks for WDC were actions made out of desperation and fear of being beaten. Interms of '94 he made a mistake, and then wrecked Hill for the win and that pisses me off today that people can deem it acceptable. The fact he made a mistake prior makes it all the more foul.
Quote from BlueFlame :That moment took no skill but it was political. It's a shame but it's true, although you could say safely it is karma for a previous year. So to say Senna had 3 WDC is fair game as Senna got all the WDC he deserved.

Schumachers wrecks for WDC were actions made out of desperation and fear of being beaten. Interms of '94 he made a mistake, and then wrecked Hill for the win and that pisses me off today that people can deem it acceptable. The fact he made a mistake prior makes it all the more foul.

So in one case, you think of it as revenge wrecking and is okay. The other case, it is foul and wrong?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG