The online racing simulator
Quote from TexasLTU :Discussion of your level ends up in acting like wiser than anyone, therefore trying to shit on someone else with other favourite team and driver.

Won't go down to level of yours I guess. Have a nice evening.

That coming from you! Haha.

Would you like to quote me where I literally, "shit" on another driver on these or any other forums? Heck, lets narrow it down - quote where I talk crap about Ferrari/Alonso! Please do.

And awwww, how cute. Yeah, rise above me.
Quote from manneF1 :Vettel still turns right to his line, no difference really.

It is a difference. Vettel just comes out of the corner trying to get the maximum out. He made it extremely close but it would have worked if Narain would be professional driver xD
He still is a professional driver, since he drives in F1.
It's not like Kartikeyan was weaving over the track, he strayed from the extreme edge of the track by about 2-4 meters. It's Vettels fault, because he saw where Narain was going and still hit him. I don't see how it's Narains fault really there was plenty of track for Vettel to go around. As I recall Narain had an oversteer moment on the kerb and wanted to stay away from it.

Vettel just cut his nose off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeeEP6ZwCVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... uHj-w&feature=channel

Narain has a point in that first vid, to move in such a way that forces a lapped car to slow down on a straight or go off the circuit is stupid and unfair.
Too much Vettel fanboys here that cant understand he makes mistakes?
re : that sequence of pics... consider the line of the Marussia ahead (I.e., a normal line)

great drives by Alonso, Perez, and Senna... very enjoyable race overall, looking forward to more.
Quote from manneF1 :Too much Vettel fanboys here that cant understand he makes mistakes?

No need to get upset. Look at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxVxZeYZ_IU

Narain literally drives into Vettels tyre...

Quote from DeadWolfBones :re : that sequence of pics... consider the line of the Marussia ahead (I.e., a normal line)

true, but it wouldn't had made any difference for Narain if he'd lifted a bit
At the end of the day. It's unanimously agreed that Vettel was at fault.

I didn't know NK took a penalty for it, but if he did that was a haste-like decision.

As others said, NK was actually on the ideal line and Vettel cut back onto the ideal line before he'd actually passed the guy. He didn't really give Narain a CHANCE to slow down anyway, not to mention it's a straight piece of road of course.

EDIT : Also if you pass a guy on the main straight you can't expect him to slow down before you cut across his nose. That's just retarded.
Quote from blueflame :at the end of the day. It's unanimously agreed that vettel was at fault.

I didn't know nk took a penalty for it, but if he did that was a haste-like decision.

As others said, nk was actually on the ideal line and vettel cut back onto the ideal line before he'd actually passed the guy. He didn't really give narain a chance to slow down anyway, not to mention it's a straight piece of road of course.

+1
Quote from BlueFlame : It's Vettels fault, because he saw where Narain was going and still hit him.

Bollocks, Its not a clear case like you want to believe. Narain was the one who had a clear view.
Quote from JazzOn :Bollocks, Its not a clear case like you want to believe. Narain was the one who had a clear view.

Look at the onboard footage from Vettel, if you think Narain is at fault for that then there's no hope for you. You give room on the track as much as you can (ESPECIALLY for lapped traffic) because if you don't this very scenario occurs. When you pass lapped cars with little or no room between your car and theirs eventually you're gonna have an accident.

I know I wouldn't cut across someone like that on the track, Vettel didn't benefit from doing it [removing the puncture outcome] and it wouldn't of mattered to him if he had stayed on the right anyway.
So what if vettel didn't drive a perfect line out of the corner.
If Karth was awake he wouldn't have hit him. He knew he was there, he clearly could see him, he had loads of room.

It's blatantly obvious that Karth moved across behind Vettel too soon and clipped his wheel. Vettel isn't squeezing him, see Suzuka '11 for what that looks like.

O/T it was good to see Button and others showing what the car on the outside should do when the car inside begins to move back to the outside on corner exit in his scrap with Massa at the last corner. Maybe if Grosjean sees that he'll be able to finish a gp this season.
Quote from BlueFlame :Look at the onboard footage from Vettel, if you think Narain is at fault for that then there's no hope for you.

You can only see black or white? I never said Vettel doesn't have any fault in this incident. What i see in the onboard footage is that he trys to get the car straight as soon as possible, assuming he's past Narain.

Quote :You give room on the track as much as you can (ESPECIALLY for lapped traffic) because if you don't this very scenario occurs.

"especially" because lapped cars have drivers that are not able to see what is in front of them?? There was absolutely nothing to gain for Narain, at all. Completely pointless move.
Quote from el pibe :shame for Perez. He could have won.. nevertheless, he drove a great race!

In my book both him and Alonso was winners.

Quote from JazzOn :It was quite clear, afaik. Grosjean just slightly "understeered" into schumacher.

According to him, Schumie drove into him (by not running off track I suppose)

I did enjoy this race a lot.
Quote from manneF1 :He still is a professional driver, since he drives in F1.

I don't know, take Narain for example, do you count him as a professional driver, with all the bucks he brings to drive?

OT but why does every F1 thread here has to end on an argument on some innocent looking racing incident

That was a strange one anyway, guess I'd say it's 50-50, both could've given more room.
I don't understand this Grosjean story. He hit MSC from behind (!) that made Schumi spin. As far as I know Grosjean also spinned. So I don't get why he blames Schumi at all. Or... Is it a different story that wasn't shown live / I just missed?
#168 - CSF
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I don't understand this Grosjean story. He hit MSC that made Schumi spin. As far as I know Grosjean also spinned. So I don't get why he blames Schumi at all. Or... Is it a different story that wasn't shown live / I just missed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOEzZKEHT3s

If Grosjean thinks this is Michael hitting him then.......
He's probably just one of the many drivers who think that once they have the inside line the outside car is obligated to disappear.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :He's probably just one of the many drivers who think that once they have the inside line the outside car is obligated to disappear.

You mean like Vettel?
Well guys it was Grosjean's fault for being on the outside last weekend, so...

It's exactly the same as last week's incident. Grosjean had lost the corner but put his car into a position where contact was inevitable.
Quote from sinbad :So what if vettel didn't drive a perfect line out of the corner.
If Karth was awake he wouldn't have hit him. He knew he was there, he clearly could see him, he had loads of room.

It's blatantly obvious that Karth moved across behind Vettel too soon and clipped his wheel. Vettel isn't squeezing him, see Suzuka '11 for what that looks like.

I think you are being too harsh on Narain. Watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... o-Rp0&feature=related

Firstly Narain is getting a blue flag to which he allows the driver through, he then runs wide at 0.05. At this point we are assuming he knows the car on the inside has passed and he is probably focusing his eyes further down the track. The closing speed of Vettel is pretty damm quick and consider the nature of Narain's circumstance I don't think he could 'clearly see him'. Narain is recovering from a moment while being overtaken and then BAM Vettel is there. Watching the onboard my gut instinct is to over-compensate which Vettel didn't

It's a racing incident as far as I am concerned. Vettel's behaviour post race is understandable, and it's nice to watch the champ under pressure. Hamilton got quite a large chunk of flak for it so it's nice to see it's not unique to him
Teh Forumz I visit - Y they all have that conspiracy sh*t in it?

Gosh, that was awesome.

On another note: Petronas should have never stopped sponsoring Sauber, we're more awesome than Mercedes
Vettel should have got a penalty for the way he drove back to the pits when he got the puncture

2012 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix
(319 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG