The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
3id...
6 drivers? Is that all? All I can see is crashfest.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :6 drivers? Is that all? All I can see is crashfest.

Nah the Ticker only showed the top 6 for some reason. I didn't want the broadcast to look crappy with me going through numerous menus etc to fix it.

Edit: Broadcast uploaded on to YouTube!
Ah I see. Great commentary by Wilko and CSF.
Quote from Töki (HUN) : Great commentary by Wilko and CSF.

Yea really good commentary. Better than iRacing Nim Cross and that other guy.
It was interesting to commentate on iracing. It's sometimes hard to work out who's who when you first see them coming, but heyho, an experience anyway. I don't really understand how PSR never tell us what happened. They have an easy replay system, and while one of them can continue talking the other could go back and have a wee look on his own... like... what ever did happen to Luke McLean at Watkins? Never mind Greger Huttu's in the lead!
Quote from CSF :It was interesting to commentate on iracing. It's sometimes hard to work out who's who when you first see them coming, but heyho, an experience anyway. I don't really understand how PSR never tell us what happened. They have an easy replay system, and while one of them can continue talking the other could go back and have a wee look on his own... like... what ever did happen to Luke McLean at Watkins? Never mind Greger Huttu's in the lead!

I think PSR don't watch the stream that the viewers are watching, they are too busy watching individual drivers via the game itself, so neither commentator are in sync with what the viewers are seeing. That's the key, I think all commentators should commentate via the stream, not via the game.

That way, any laggy behavior that occurs streamside can be commented or disregarded accordingly, because sometimes the stream can lag a bit and cars look like they've had contact but the commentators don't notice it and on iracing it's sometimes hard to know if contact is due to lag or not.

but really CSF and Wilko great job. Great partnership too.
Yeah, you are perhaps right. They probably have an auto system too, which is just stupid. It doesn't take much to have a couple of background people, in our case boothy and phil, directing and pointing things out.
Quote from CSF :Yeah, you are perhaps right. They probably have an auto system too, which is just stupid. It doesn't take much to have a couple of background people, in our case boothy and phil, directing and pointing things out.

Direction is the key, people to tell you where the action is, and also the stream broadcaster switching between decent action as best and as fluidly as possible (which is a bit difficult on iracing).
Where's Ant? Not heard him whinging for a while. Hi fellas not been around for a while so thought i'd pop my head in and say hello.

Although iRacing is, lets face it, rather very good.....I still want CTRA back lol

Moose? your a twat :P
You can't commentate on the stream screen because PSRTV has it over a lap behind what is really happening, therefore what you see on track would be commentated on 30s-2min later.

They have poor communication really. After doing our broadcast today I joined into GlacierTV to help them. Their communication (while done differently than mine) is very similar and productive. I wish PSRTV could just get their act straight, surprised iRacing isn't so embarassed that they take actions. Just shows how their priorities are a bit off IMO.
Quote from PMD9409 :You can't commentate on the stream screen because PSRTV has it over a lap behind what is really happening, therefore what you see on track would be commentated on 30s-2min later.

Of course you can, just because the live action is happening before the stream is broadcasting it doesn't make a difference as long as the commentators are in sync with the stream.

The stream has to be the focus of all involved because that's what people are watching, eitherway the PSRTV guys seem to commentate on iracing like we are in the server spectating rather than watching a stream. You guys have done it differently and alot more professionally. Kudos to all.
Quote from BlueFlame :Of course you can, just because the live action is happening before the stream is broadcasting it doesn't make a difference as long as the commentators are in sync with the stream.

Do you mean literally commentate on what they see on the stream page? As I said that would make the commentators have a 1 lap delay. They just need a better guy behind the cameras and he needs to be able to communicate to the commentators much better. When the commentators don't have anything to say they are going to sound like garbage. Not defending PSRTV commentary crew, as they bug the **** out of me, I just know from experience the guy behind the cams can change a lot.
Quote from DeKo :The oval side is full of wankers, the road side isn't. It's a shame oval racing is so much fun.

It's better to avoid those popular super-speedway series, that's where the stupidity is at it's highest concentration. Most recenrtly I've done few races on Impala B and Silver Crown, which were pretty enjoyable and especially with SC there was no useless chatter at all. Late Model wasn't too bad either, but that was so long time ago that things have probably changed. Indycar is pretty good too because you cannot push&shove other cars without breaking yours.

But if you still want to drive Impala A despite the horrible attitudes presented, you'll probably want to do something similiar to what Club Finland is doing and setup weekly events for official series, basically just get together with people in your club who are interested in that series and race each week at pre-determined times.
great commentary!
Far more chance of getting a decent reply here, rather than the braindead trolls in the iRacing forum. UK Members, what are you pinging when you are on an iracing server? If you don't know, hit the L key or look at the entries page.

I'm only asking because my ping is atrocious just now. For 2+ years I was with Be* and pinging 125 to iRacing, and I'm now on Sky and pinging 180+, which is unplayable. Is anyone else on Sky getting this high a ping? I've had all the gaming mode and everything else turned on, Sky CS is ****ing useless though.
During UK peak time i'm pining 120 ish to US servers and 50-60 to the Dutch servers.

This is from Bristol on Virgin cable
105 to US servers
35 to Nl Servers.

I'm with eclipse
Cheers for that Stuart and StableX. I have pestered Sky enough to put me onto Fastpath, to the point where they are asking me to stop posting on their forums about it so other people don't get the same idea. This should bring my ping back down to where it was with Be.

105 to the US is great, mine right now is double that.
Giving a Scottish prospective (Mind darkest deepest Scottish Highlands where the sun is still worshiped)

US servers I'm around 120 - 168 Ping
Euro servers I'm looking at 50 - 70 Ping

A lot depends upon time I'm racing, I'm with BT Broadband.
You should know UK ping to eastern US is obviously gonna be around 100, and to an NL server anything over 50 is too much.

Any provider giving higher ping than that is a joke and deserve to be shot.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG