The online racing simulator
Servers only ever go down on the weekend of a big event for Realistic NASCAR it seems..
What box is down?
'Schumie' is down too. WTF is going on AGAIN?
Same Story here Server not online "liveforspeed.be" and no control panel ....
why does that happen most of the time during the weekend when most racers find the time to race :/
Even no reaction still ??? DOES NOT LOOK GOOD !!! HAVE league race in about 7 hours from here !!! FIX this please!!!! And at least KEEP US informed of the problem status.

Dean, you promised a lot when I reassigned to 500 servers... to keep us informed, recruting more people to help you, more stable environment .. We don't see any results yet from those decisions .. If you at least made them !! A C T I O N !!!! 7 hours AND counting !!!!
No Support :-(
I think this is the longest ever the servers have been down for.

Looks like we have all wasted our money folks. :grumpy:

I'm off to RFactor 2. That's where the future lies IMO. No one on LFS gives a toss any more.
Quote from g7usl :I think this is the longest ever the servers have been down for.

Looks like we have all wasted our money folks. :grumpy:

I'm off to RFactor 2. That's where the future lies IMO. No one on LFS gives a toss any more.

LOL the game its self fails... anyway dean is just using his illness as an excuse he seems to hide away whenever somthing major happens.. he made that service 6years ago knowing things like this would happen.. he should of atleast had a response team to help out if somthing ever did happen like now.... this is really starting to P**s me off now.
As you know the servers are still down. . Hopefully it'll be back up before next weekend.
I've told franky of the issues and he's told me that he can't get to a computer at the minute and he'll get it all sorted ASAP.
That's all the info i have folks. sorry. :/
Quote from dadge :I've told franky of the issues and he's told me that he can't get to a computer at the minute and he'll get it all sorted ASAP.

Better than nothing Thanks
Quote from dadge :I've told franky of the issues and he's told me that he can't get to a computer at the minute and he'll get it all sorted ASAP.

Where did you get that information from? This has been going on for some time now, and he hasn't noticed it until now? What the crap is he doing? Running a company like this, and then go hiding in the shadows. Ye, that's perfect!

It's not hard to get hold of an computer or an android phone to personally give us some information regarding the situation. Franky what ever you are up to, hire some damn people that can cover up for you.

And why the heck, if what 'dadge' says is true, don't you give more information than just that.. Yes, i'm very dissapointed. Shake it off and get back to work! We're not paying for stuff that ain't working properly..
CPanel down,
Quote from NovaK :Where did you get that information from? This has been going on for some time now, and he hasn't noticed it until now? What the crap is he doing? Running a company like this, and then go hiding in the shadows. Ye, that's perfect!

It's not hard to get hold of an computer or an android phone to personally give us some information regarding the situation. Franky what ever you are up to, hire some damn people that can cover up for you.

And why the heck, if what 'dadge' says is true, don't you give more information than just that.. Yes, i'm very dissapointed. Shake it off and get back to work! We're not paying for stuff that ain't working properly..

I got a text message. Listen 'Novak', if you're going to talk like that to someone who is just trying to help, then maybe I should not help any more. Until you know what is actually wrong with franky, then maybe you should stop speculating. Have you sent him an email? have you tried pm-ing him on this forum, atc and on 500 servers? have you done everything you can to get in touch? no?

Thanks for your time.
Quote from dadge :I got a text message. Listen 'Novak', if you're going to talk like that to someone who is just trying to help, then maybe I should not help any more. Until you know what is actually wrong with franky, then maybe you should stop speculating. Have you sent him an email? have you tried pm-ing him on this forum, atc and on 500 servers? have you done everything you can to get in touch? no?

Thanks for your time.

I sent a pm and email, so yea it would be great to know what is happening
and as soon as i got a text from him, i posted here. i'm not even a customer guys. i don't work for franky either. but i was just trying to be helpful. This isn't actually any of my business. so maybe i'll remember that when i go to text him about any issues again.
Quote from dadge :and as soon as i got a text from him, i posted here. i'm not even a customer guys. i don't work for franky either. but i was just trying to be helpful. This isn't actually any of my business. so maybe i'll remember that when i go to text him about any issues again.

For the record, dadge, I'm glad you take your personal time to aid Dean. I still have a strong appreciation for his work and service (and your voluntary help) which is why I stay more patient in these situations, plus I have enough connections to others to get backup just incase desperation comes to fruition for an event NDR runs. I work in a technical field, and realize how pain in the arse it can be to deal with other tech support groups and how it can hold up my personal progress.

The current outage of a specific box seems to be a recurring issue, and I'm hoping that when franky gets able to sort it he can really sort whatever the issue is. It's also seems to me like several of the issues in the past 6-9 months have not exactly been directly related to franky himself, but to his service providers (datacenter / backbone connection / etc) having an issue which took a toll on the 500servers machines.

The real hope I have for 500servers is redundancy built in, not just in equipment anymore but also in personell, if franky is willing to train one or two people in the 500servers systems. I think that's the biggest issue hindering this service. But until I get proof beyond reasonable doubt about this service, I'll stick with 500servers.
Quote from dadge :and as soon as i got a text from him, i posted here. i'm not even a customer guys. i don't work for franky either. but i was just trying to be helpful. This isn't actually any of my business. so maybe i'll remember that when i go to text him about any issues again.

we know that, it would just be nice if he got on here and explained a bit....
Yeah. its been like 2 weeks allready and for others its been months from what ive read, what the wtf is going on? honestly? atleast an update would be nice! and dadge whats the point on sending him pm's if he aint even replying to them.... Pointless much.

Thanks for the information

Thanks indeed for the information.. At least someone who's take some aktion..
But we were hoping on some action from Dean himself..

This year I was planing to go to the service of Gaming-solutions.com as last year we had a little to much server down time, late responses and also no news when somethings was going wrong..

But Dean convinced me he would resolve this problems in the future.
He realized it was to much for one person to handle, so in times of server down, he promised to get more man power to resolve those problems.
He also promised to get a more stable service of servers and network connection.. And at last he promised to keep us informed on what was going wrong..

What have we got from those promises ?? NOTHING .. Last night we had a league race .. ANd no server.. So I had to host it myself.. with lag problems as result, craches .. and very unhappy and frustrated racers !! That is not what I've paid for...

Is it really to much to ask what is happening, what the status is and what time we have to wait to have the problem resolved ?? If we at least knew how long it would take to resolve the problem, we would have the time to inform the racers and search for another solutions as not all the servers are down .I'n sure we could find a stable server to have the race on a stable and large enough broadband connection .. But what do we here ?? Nothing nada..

I really hope Dean learns from this and even if it takes time to write a message.. to take the time to inform his clients !!

And I know , when the problems are solved, Dean will compensate us again with an extra month.. but that is NOT what we want !! We want him to invest those free mounts he would give in that extra person, stable servers and the time to inform us when needed !!

Very unhappy League owner..
Then why the hell do you a) keep paying Dean for sub-standard service, b) not have any good server redundancy for your league and c) not bother to make a post on the forum asking if someone has a server? There's almost 700 S2 servers online, I'm sure someone would've been able to lend you one if you asked... :rolleyes:
Quote from boothy :Then why the hell do you a) keep paying Dean for sub-standard service, b) not have any good server redundancy for your league and c) not bother to make a post on the forum asking if someone has a server? There's almost 700 S2 servers online, I'm sure someone would've been able to lend you one if you asked... :rolleyes:

Indeed, that is my point exactly.. IF we would know how long this problem would hold.. So why bothering someone to occupy his server if maybe the 500server problem is solved in a few hours.. IF yes IF we would know what is going on or when it could be solved.. but indeed .. Nothing and even now.. Still nothing we know what is going wrong !!

Will it be fixed this week ?? who know..
For what it's worth, and for anyone who doesn't retry to login every so often, I've just successfully logged in to TCAdmin and all servers seem to be back.

This is of course only on the LFS end, not sure of the status of (and I personally have no stake in) any Web Hosting cPanel status issues
thanks deko
Servers up
Redline Racing servers appear to be up and running again, with Airio as well.

This thread is closed

500servers.com Support Thread
(2865 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG