The online racing simulator
To you it matters... to us, it doesn't

So that is the big problem to YOU, not to us.

You have lost, now please start new game and leave from this. It will not be changed as I believe.

EDIT: You still not get the point what I tried to say. I do not even use when I makeup a new setup... It just looks stupid to use while racing, like driving a shopping cart with invisible seats and engine, [sarcasm]yeah I use that on hotlap mode and while race, yea I really do[/sarcasm]
Quote from S.E.T.H :yes, that makes hell of a difference.

Indeed - you can see clearly what the squirrel,you just drove over,had for breakfast today!

But seriously - you DO KNOW that pressing F doesn't remove weight of the car,right?
Advice: every 14 days on Thursday evenings, there are 1h races at Dead Men Racing, forced cockpit view. Noone can use the 'F' mode. Try to do some races there and see
Quote from Eclipsed :Indeed - you can see clearly what the squirrel,you just drove over,had for breakfast today!

But seriously - you DO KNOW that pressing F doesn't remove weight of the car,right?

I think he tries to say that it makes too much visible to see a track line...

Okay, we have Chase cam, TV cam, F9-F10-F11 buttons, we have track line visible when pressing 4 and all what he says that pressing freaking F which takes the force mode on is not realistic and everyone who uses it is cheater

well, force mode surely is not realistic, but it does NOT make a LFS-player as cheater

And if you will want some reality, take a car, go to race track and drive some fast laps... The most amusing thing is, that I think you will say, if someone is faster than you are, with same car, with same conditions, with same track and so on... All same, are you going to blame him that he uses force mode?

HAHA, May the force be with you S.E.T.H

EDIT:

Quote from S.E.T.H :yeah, i am so embarrassed. you are not using it, you are not getting advantage of it, its not important at all, but defending it so crazily that as if you'll be lost if its removed in hotlap mode.

Okay? xD

And you still try to say I am defending about the secret, which is not even secret and which I am not even using...

Or actually...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1j0jMrzFJU

Damn I have no idea btw how to show it concretely. Live Broadcast does not help, nor frapsing it, except if doing it same time, while someone driver frapses the drive while it will be broadcasted same time. Maybe 3.3 when GT3 race will come, someone should try to drive with fraps on, while the race will be broadcasted... After that, both things will be used on Youtube and there you see the freaking result, no F-mode, no cheats, nothing. Just pure skill

But because I know when you see the video, afterwards you will say it is fake and gay (because it is modified the video afterwards as you think), so it does not matter anyway. It is just because you have lost this case and you try to save while you still can save something, than going to eat your words...

Next time please think about it, really . This is 100-0 to us this case
Would you mind showing us your rig? I mean everything, Computer, screen, wheel, shifter, pedals and so on.

greetz

der butz
Well this makes me laugh he's only been here a couple of days and he starts ranting on about this kinda rubbish! I'll sum it up in two words, GET USED TO IT! if you do not like this game go away! Simple as!

That is all i'm going to say.
S.E.T.H: hello, nice to see new face in LFS, and with karting experience!

About your doubts... well, if so many experienced LFS players do think the F view does *not* give you advantage, perhaps you should verify your experience.
Or do some new wrs in F view, so we all can feel consequences of this dirty advantage.

(I personally do believe you will be slower with F view, if you are faster now, you probably don't know the track well enough and don't have the feel for the car yet, keep driving, I'm pretty sure this "advantage" will evaporate within couple of weeks)

Edit: with demo license you can ask online mostly demo players (rarely somebody with S1/S2 goes there as they have little patience with newbie players), who have very little experience with the game, while here in forum it's exact opposite, so if online you get "yaaay, we using F mode and it's making us faster" and here in forum you get "stop joking" responses, I'm afraid the later is much more relevant.
Quote from Ped7g :S.E.T.H: hello, nice to see new face in LFS, and with karting experience!

About your doubts... well, if so many experienced LFS players do think the F view does *not* give you advantage, perhaps you should verify your experience.
Or do some new wrs in F view, so we all can feel consequences of this dirty advantage.

(I personally do believe you will be slower with F view, if you are faster now, you probably don't know the track well enough and don't have the feel for the car yet, keep driving, I'm pretty sure this "advantage" will evaporate within couple of weeks)

Edit: with demo license you can ask online mostly demo players (rarely somebody with S1/S2 goes there as they have little patience with newbie players), who have very little experience with the game, while here in forum it's exact opposite, so if online you get "yaaay, we using F mode and it's making us faster" and here in forum you get "stop joking" responses, I'm afraid the later is much more relevant.

lol still...

what is so hard in understanding that sentence;

-remove force mode in hotlapping & online races. make it available on setup environment to make the game more realistic.

and you say to me like all others (but you write it with a different mouth)
that it doesnt give you advantage. lol the same **** another ***

Quote :Or do some new wrs in F view, so we all can feel consequences of this dirty advantage.

yeah obviously i need a drill to put this into brains:

there are people that is faster than me. and i am for sure not the fastest and will never be. there are people that can beat me without F mode.

i am saying f mode gives advantage, and you are saying ''use it then, make some wrs, show us'' how stupid is that approaching? i dont even wanna be disturbed explaining again omg.
Quote from Flame CZE :Advice: every 14 days on Thursday evenings, there are 1h races at Dead Men Racing, forced cockpit view. Noone can use the 'F' mode. Try to do some races there and see

It's every week.

Bob: It's not fun anymore, it's stupid. This guy has obviously had his head up his arse recently, because he's full of sh.t. It's one of those threads, which make you ragequit LFS forums for at least a day.
So let me get this straight...

You accept that there are servers where you can race that will have this mode disallowed by the admins.
Your gripe now is that it is available in hotlap mode. If it wasn't, you would buy an S2 license.

It seems like a pretty crappy reason for not spending £24, as you are missing out on so many good features of an S2 license.
Quote from Bean0 :So let me get this straight...

You accept that there are servers where you can race that will have this mode disallowed by the admins.
Your gripe now is that it is available in hotlap mode. If it wasn't, you would buy an S2 license.

It seems like a pretty crappy reason for not spending £24, as you are missing out on so many good features of an S2 license.

i know i will be forced to use force mode when i am slower, or when if i do a fast lap, i will need to improve it force mode on. because people always want more. there is nothing prevents you from using it and doing fast lap time if you are already using things like insim or outgauge or something. then it will become a necessity to me, then i'll swear to the new guy who says it must be removed and it kills reality.
So, the problem isn't really LFS. It is your own problem. Right?
The best part of it is that the guy drove only FBM online which means all of his complaints about how people can see more and are faster because of it refers to FBM, I mean really is there anything that obscure the view beside rear spoiler

Beside You were said numerous times that fast times in LFS lie everywhere else but transparent car and you dont have a single person who says otherwise so what makes you to believe that transparent car is the key to success?
BUY S2!!!!
please get real sir.
Quote from Chupacabras84 :The best part of it is that the guy drove only FBM online which means all of his complaints about how people can see more and are faster because of it refers to FBM, I mean really is there anything that obscure the view beside rear spoiler

Beside You were said numerous times that fast times in LFS lie everywhere else but transparent car and you dont have a single person who says otherwise so what makes you to believe that transparent car is the key to success?

obviously, a guy that is doing fast laptimes would not say ''i am doing it with force mode on, thats how we dooo'' right? so all those ''i am not using'' is just bla bla to me.

he'd say exactly like you,

'' i am not using it, its not important, nobody cares about it but;

DON'T REMOVE IT!! ''
Have you tried it yourself Seth? How much faster is the force view is for you? I doubt that there are many people using it for racing.
Quote from Mauni :Have you tried it yourself Seth? How much faster is the force view is for you? I doubt that there are many people using it for racing.

i was 0.2-0.3 sec faster each lap, and much better in races myself.
Are you crying because you somehow are faster in laptimes than without Force mode?

Or is it that someone without F-mode is even faster than you are with F-mode on?

It doesn't matter do you use it or not, but complaining that everyone uses it is simply big lol
That's why some Vettel from whoknowswhere suddenly has came and won 2 world championships - he uses force mode! :doh:

Dude,stop waisting your precious time here,as noone (including developers) won't listen about any complaints to someone,who hasn't even bought this software. And if you're faster with this dark side of force,the problem deffinitely is in your side as for most drivers it doesn't help!
I heard that messing with FOV can make you faster!
It's totally unrealistic and should be removed!!1!!!@!!!@2@!!!!!
Quote from S.E.T.H :i was 0.2-0.3 sec faster each lap, and much better in races myself.

That's not a huge difference then. Besides, you can feel being on kerb via force feedback too. You don't have to see the tyres to know where they are.

IMO if want force view removed, you should also remove all other but cockpit view, which is already possible as a server option.
Quote from S.E.T.H :
yes, that makes hell of a difference.

And what difference is that? You do realise that if you can see something that close there is no time to react to it anyway or are you saying otherwise?
Quote from S.E.T.H :obviously, a guy that is doing fast laptimes would not say ''i am doing it with force mode on, thats how we dooo''.

So now you accusing every fast guy of lying, good move
They have no reason to lie, especially that LFS community members often help new guys to get better times by releasing guides, sharing good sets and giving advices when in race (true story when i was still playing online i think at cargame dude sit as a spectator watching how I drive and gave me hints) so stop assuming there is a secret that everyone want to keep to themselves only because you would do so, stop judging others by your own standards.
Also how about this.
Quote from S.E.T.H :
one mouse player (lagger) told that he was gaining advantage with this mode too in this thread. he is s2 licensed and registered in 2008. but everyone ignored him and noone wanted to give him a hearing.

Could you please quote line in which he said it because I cant see it
Oh wait you lied to push your point trough, thats not nice, everything you said till now was a complete BS.
And I will be frank
Quote from S.E.T.H :i was 0.2-0.3 sec faster each lap, and much better in races myself.

I think this is also complete BS I think you making this story about better performance just because otherwise you wouldnt have left anything in your defence, so yeah I call it a lie
As for now you proved yourself to be an extremely immature, a liar and overall and ignorant person, my advice would log out, make a new acc and pretend this never happened before you make a bigger ass out of yourself.
Quote from Mauni :That's not a huge difference then. Besides, you can feel being on kerb via force feedback too. You don't have to see the tyres to know where they are.

IMO if want force view removed, you should also remove all other but cockpit view, which is already possible as a server option.

not every people have systems like you most of them use mouse or keyboard, or a wheel without force feedback.

no, i told before, custom views are realistic to certain extent. but force mode is totally out of limits.

cupacabra, relax dont forget i am making a request and ur just revealing yourself. oh and i showed i am a liar? im so shy. please read or send productive comments rather than attacking me personally.

or go play with force mode on.

I agree that F view may be unrealistic and may provide some extra info. But Morgan's post indicates that even in real life they use such devices.

First of all, you say you are faster with F view. Is it because you can see the naked tyres and the road clearly? In that case even the custom view provides similar thing. So you should oppose that too. Or is it that you are actually usin the red bars to gauge grip etc which is helping you fine tune your steering angle, braking etc?

In anycase, this is a sim, so there are many features in this which are not available in real life. But since a sim does not have the many luxuries of real life, like a crew of automobile engineers to help you out, accurate feeling of forces on your body (ignore FFB, FFB is also simulation or approximation), the smell, the sounds etc. Since a sim has many limitations compared to a real life racing, there are many extra features added to help you out, to balance the limitations of a sim, vs real life racing. And as someone said, when we use non-FFB wheels, joysticks, keyboars, mouse to drive, these kind of extra features do help.

But for the record, personally I get distracted by the F view. My most comfortable view is the custom view with "none" visible, not even tires, just the road. And just like the F view, this is unrealistic too. But this is what works for me, and this is a sim which caters to different kinds of people with different kinds of controllers etc.

And my main problem is, when you talk about unrealistic features in a sim, the F view may not be the biggest problem.

And I also sense a feeling of frustration that you have that after a month of driving you are not the fastest etc. But trust me, I don't know anyone who drives around in F view. We have people like Chesnos, who uses cockpit view, manual clutch, manual gears on a keyboard, and beating World Records! So don't worry that people are fast by exploiting some undue advantage. Those who are fast, have really earned it, with knowledge, talent, hardwork, practice and (1000 other factors which make u fast).

And, well ur FBM time is only 2 sec off WR in just 254 laps. With practice I am sure you will be up there.
-
(Chupacabras84) DELETED by Chupacabras84
Quote from S.E.T.H :i know i will be forced to use force mode when i am slower, or when if i do a fast lap, i will need to improve it force mode on. because people always want more. there is nothing prevents you from using it and doing fast lap time if you are already using things like insim or outgauge or something. then it will become a necessity to me, then i'll swear to the new guy who says it must be removed and it kills reality.

So basically you're advocating the usage of cheats. There's nothing preventing from using other hacks which are much more effective than a different view mode, does it mean you will have to use them too to get a better laptimes?

Which still puts you some 2 seconds behind the WR, how is that for an frikkin' aid?

I still fail to get it, if you think you're better off with the force view mode, then just use it and stop making a douche out of yourself. I've never heard anybody complaining about people who use like 90 deg steering lock to drive fast laps which is about as much unrealistic as non-cockpit views. In older patches there was a "high-nose" aero bug, etc. etc....

This is a video game, people _will_ always take shortcuts in video games, they _will_ even cheat and lie about it. I have yet to see a game where the real pro's aren't using all sorts of tricks which take a lot of fun out of the game but make you more competitive. Welcome to the universe of digital entertainment.
This thread is closed

LFS will NEVER be realistic with Force mode.
(345 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG