The online racing simulator
Does Spa look a bit clean? I mean the curbs and runoff I expected to have more tire marks. Anyway, beautifully done track. I don't have the DLC so I'm driving it through the seasonal but it's a deffo buy.

After-honeymoon report on the game: I've been totally taken in. Caught myself spending lots of time in between drives just poking around and drooling at the premium cars. Enjoying it lots... and the anal things don't bother me as much now.
Looks like the bastard child between an Audi R8 and an McLaren MP4/12c

But I like it, expect for this stupid hybrid crap.
I hope they're joking about that NSX... It looks nothing like an NSX, it looks like a SGC..
premium 1966 Beetle

Looks like the "test track" is back, which I feel should be free...
That Lambo. :E Oh well, more money down the drain... ^^
LOL at focus on better hybrid simulation.

The green agenda infects everything.
Not giving them a dime until they introduce leaderboards for all combos, which probably will never happen.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Not giving them a dime until they introduce leaderboards for all combos, which probably will never happen.

Yeah, i don't mind this one so much in particular, but there's just so much poorly done things, some are stuck there since GT1 (start animations), like Kaz is denying all racing games and doing it stubbornly his own way.. and main focus is still adding more cars, total opposite of LFS. Japs...

But still, so far so good for me.
It would be a bit of a waste from my point of view, if it's just a motor way type affair. Bit of a shame to do all that modelling and not have any corners to drive around. Hopefully there's some kind of complex string handling layout too, but I fear the worst.
Damn it, I'm having an absolute blast with GT5.

Throttle balancing does work when oversteer, it's different in terms of timing and extent, but it's there.

On G25 I've turned my FF all the way down to 1, with "power steering" turned on. This minimizes the weird wall of resistance just off centre. The FF doesn't communicate subtle oversteer well like LFS/NKP/iR. When steering back into the the turn (after countersteer) the steering effort goes to zero which is odd. Otherwise it's sufficient.

Different cars handle differently... they really do... and it's fun trying different cars. This is a revelation to me because everything felt dead in previous GT's.

The Infiniti G35 does sort of sound like that. And so does the Mk.1/2 MX5. Good job sampling the sounds.

Yes - this is as good and a better drive than Enthusia.
Enthusia is a better driving sim. It's more realistic.
No, it's not.

Enthusia is great, and far better than most driving games on consoles, but GT5 (even if still not a perfect "sim") is quite a step up in many aspects.

When was the last time you've played enthusia?
About a month ago

I just found the handling much better, drift transitions, simulation of how a open, limited and locked diff, plus it was also the first game I remember to model automatic transmissions properly, as in the slushy-changes. It also had a massive long straight on a never ending bridge, and featured wet weather (and it handles a lot more realistically in the wet than GT5 does) and dirt tracks!
There were loads of cars as well and a good variety of them. I found Enthusia to be more fun..

I'm not saying GT5 is bad just that with a gamepad I think Enthusia is a better sim. With a wheel GT5 is mega but still, for examle the fact all the cars on GT5 have rubbish brakes and you CAN'T UPGRADE THEM (wut)...lacking in many areas. Plus ability to upgrade bodyparts.

Golf Mk5 GTI on GT5 for example, there are no body mods, no racing conversion available, where as you could in real life put the ED30 kit on.
I think GT5 is a better drive than Forza 4. It also has nicer graphics. Forza 4 has more customising options for example tuning and appearance. Enthsuia well it's a bit old but for me in terms of outright simulations it's still up there.
GT5 brakes can lock the wheels whatever tires you put on, and there is no brakefade. What is the value of upgradeable brakes beside some text in your modsheet?
A bodykit I can understand, you see that in the replays, but brakes...?
Enthusia is laggy
Going to go drive them back to back once I get a chance. RWD road cars, no mods. Tsukuba circuit.
Quote from atledreier : What is the value of upgradeable brakes beside some text in your modsheet?
A bodykit I can understand, you see that in the replays, but brakes...?

Using that same argument. What is the value of pretending to drive a fake car which is in essence a bunch of coloured pixels & sound effects?
What is up with people preaching for racing sims, as though they want to 'save' people from... what?

Has anyone noticed major differences between the standard cars vs premium cars? I can't quite place it, but there is something odd.
Quote from legoflamb :What is up with people preaching for racing sims, as though they want to 'save' people from... what?

Has anyone noticed major differences between the standard cars vs premium cars? I can't quite place it, but there is something odd.

For example the missing high-res cockpit vs. a nearly black generic cockpit? The low poly-count of the standard cars vs. the premium cars?

Quote from anttt69 :Using that same argument. What is the value of pretending to drive a fake car which is in essence a bunch of coloured pixels & sound effects?

you are totally missing the point.

He is on about the brake upgrade giving no performance benefit as all cars come with a brake force adjuster in stock.
Quote from ATHome :For example the missing high-res cockpit vs. a nearly black generic cockpit? The low poly-count of the standard cars vs. the premium cars?

Apart from that. I meant the way the cars perform.
Quote from legoflamb :What is up with people preaching for racing sims, as though they want to 'save' people from... what?

I think there's as much difference between the good premium cars and the bad, as there is between the premium and the standard cars. Lots of standard cars are easily as good as the premiums imho, and a few premiums seem bizarre to me.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG