The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKQ-TwTkLnI

Quote from Intrepid :ahh just spotted the karts. Not sure why car sim developers are so fixated on them because unless you basically design a whole new physics engines you're never going to get it anywhere near close to the complexities of developing a decent feeling kart.

IIRC, SMS intends to have the physics engine being able to deal with both cars and karts. This essentially means that the engine needs to be able to simulate proper chassis flex to simulate the kart, which again comes as a plus for simulating cars that aren't as rigid as Formula 1 cars. From what I've read on their forums, chassis flex, that isn't based on springs, is planned.
How cool is that?

Hot Lap Competition going on with the new Caterham R500 Superlight...
Winner will go to London, visit the Devs and design a track with them...

I tried some laps and managed to get to 26nd place out of 747...
Attached images
hotlap_competition.jpg
I wish I was fast enough to win the competition... Then I could have someone else do all the boring stuff for the track that's in my head.
YES!!! Finaly my Paypal works and I just started to download it (Team Member)

Now I have to call a friend to get my G25 back QUICK
Quote from John5200 :YES!!! Finaly my Paypal works and I just started to download it (Team Member)

Now I have to call a friend to get my G25 back QUICK

You borrowed your wheel to someone? Something I would never be able to do.
1st post, hi to all.
Thx for all the info here, only found lfs after searching for info on c.a.r.s.
Quote :Improve the lift off over steer

Quote from this post for build 79 changelog. Kind of worries me, lift off oversteer should be part of the physics and tyre models, not an item on its own. Looks damned amazing and some of the recent builds on youtube seem to have realistic handling, look forward to seeing it.

Cheers.
Quote from Mysho :You borrowed your wheel to someone? Something I would never be able to do.

Didn't play racing games for month, then we played gt5 on his ps3 with my G25 and I was to lazy to carry it back (especially because I knew I wouldn't use it anyways, so I left the fun there )

After some testplaying with a gamepad I defenitely need it back lol

Edit: YES!! Le Mans *cough* sorry Loire 24 is comming
http://forum.wmdportal.com/att ... ;d=1323813163&thumb=1
http://forum.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?1999-Loire-24
Quote from stan.distortion :1st post, hi to all.
Thx for all the info here, only found lfs after searching for info on c.a.r.s.

Quote from this post for build 79 changelog. Kind of worries me, lift off oversteer should be part of the physics and tyre models, not an item on its own. Looks damned amazing and some of the recent builds on youtube seem to have realistic handling, look forward to seeing it.

Cheers.

Build 79 is ages ago, everyone's up to build 100+ now
Quote from stan.distortion :some of the recent builds on youtube seem to have realistic handling, look forward to seeing it.

Cheers.

I can't get that excited by the physics and handling of pCARS just yet. The cars in iRacing to me seem that much more engaging. I think the last build especially really turned me off... something wasn't right at all.

Still, you can't complain about weekly builds!
arr....joined with the 10€ option.
lets see what its like.
So, I desided to join the comminuty, and payed for a team member lissence. The game itself is still downloading, just 8 hours left lawls

Alltho the first periode of time I will only be able to test it like.. never, and play it with keyboard, I will keep the lisence and keep an eye on the development and see how it turns out til when I am done in the military service.

My the look of the screenshots it looks bloody amazing!
How are the physics now in the latest build, and what cars and tracks are there? Having troubles navigating on their site ;/
Quote from The Very End :So, I desided to join the comminuty, and payed for a team member lissence. The game itself is still downloading, just 8 hours left lawls

Alltho the first periode of time I will only be able to test it like.. never, and play it with keyboard, I will keep the lisence and keep an eye on the development and see how it turns out til when I am done in the military service.

My the look of the screenshots it looks bloody amazing!
How are the physics now in the latest build, and what cars and tracks are there? Having troubles navigating on their site ;/

The graphics can be very good, but most of the tracks have virtually no detail, so most of the time it looks rubbish.

The physics are currently a bit work-in-progress, and feel quite like LFS from 2004, but I expect it to catch up pretty quickly.

Oh, and the interface is terrible. In every way.

But I like it. It has a nice promising feel to it. It's already better than tractor or GTR2 (and probably rF2), but it's not an LFS or nKP yet.
You gotta add C.A.R.S. to your signature
Done. I think. I have sigs turned off anyway! I think my LFS links are out of date these days? Added GT5 to the list and GTR2. Could add Mario Kart Wii as well I suppose...
I've had C.A.R.S ever since the first announcement and only today got the first chance to try it as I got powerful enough graphics card.. and LOL what physics.
It's all I can say, lol.
Quote from Hahmo :I've had C.A.R.S ever since the first announcement and only today got the first chance to try it as I got powerful enough graphics card.. and LOL what physics.
It's all I can say, lol.

Their that bad?

Got the chance to try the game yesterday. Alltho it was really hard on my laptop, and I had to go waaaay down on the graphics, it looked cool.

As Tristan pointed out it feels like LFS in some ways.

The interface is, well it's lol. I still yet have to find out how I see what cars I am selecting without joining the track. Also a picture of the track you chose would be good.

But but, feels promossing!

How many are develeoping the game atm?
I tried cars at my mates house. It's very promising. The silly little tracks are quite good, I like conneticut and also the "test track" is a lot of fun.

Although the graphics are good and the choice of cars pretty wicked, there is a problem with the physics. Cars are too understeery and while you can sort of fix it with setups, the only way to fix the problem is to whack your rear suspension stiffness up and increase the strength of the rear ARB. It goes from understeering like a biyatch to being so unstable that you spin out if you even try to turn and accelerate with no sort of "magic" point in between the 2.

I find it very hard to drift as well, although I can drift pretty much perfectly on every other sim, GT5, LFS, rFactor, GPL, etc. Perhaps it was the wheel settings (I was using my friends G27 at his house) but it was like no matter what I did when correcting a slide it would spin the other way in a sort of pendulum effect even if the correct steering inputs were applied.

BUT it's only a beta and i think it's gonna be great.
Quote from anttt69 :Please report back.

its not bad.
nice graphics for sure, but driving all those cars is pretty hard (driving fast i mean ).
cant be compared with lfs imo...whole new difficulty level.
doesnt feel very off (but a lil imo) so its ok.
but as i see it physics are still being tweaked.
so lets see in future builds.
worth 10 euros.
I might give them my money if I could ****ing find a way to. The website is so wank, it's unbelievable.
Lol, it's a little complicated, but you'll find it eventually
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I tried cars at my mates house. It's very promising. The silly little tracks are quite good, I like conneticut and also the "test track" is a lot of fun.

aka WG with the wrong name (wrong state also)
compared to BF3 is it more or less graphically demanding?
The graphics I find are more demanding than BF3 but I think thats just because it hasn't been optimized as well as it will be when its finished.

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG