The online racing simulator
Quote from rageshgr :Well I still use XP I like it, it just does the job of being the unsung hero that an OS should be, without intefering with the more important jobs, also being light on system resources. For, OS's may come and OS's may go, but XP still goes on anyways coming to OP, I don't think XP is the culprit here, after all, most of LFS's history has been on XP. Also off the top of my head, is it possible that you are using a user login with very restricted permissions?

Im the main administrator on my pc iv got a strong feeling its my graphics cards im using an "ATI Radeon x800 GTO EXPRESS" at this momment in time and iv tried it with my "Radeon HD2600XT 2x DUAL LINK DVI 512MB GDDR3 (128-BIT)" and still dosnt work But on my ASUS Graphics card it works but there in my Other computers that my mum and dad use But my mum Has got a new Graphics card and mother board So i can Use the ASUS ut of mums tomoro.
Quote from micromental :after all i build computers.

What? You build computers, yet apparently without knowing anything about them?
You build computers and can't differentiate between LFS having a problem, your Windows installation being haywire, or using a paid disk (so it must be good)?

The problem is you. You don't know enough to do what you attempt to do, and you have no interest in learning which is why you hide behind the "I've got learning difficulties" excuse (a mole has learning difficulties. So do Mosquitos. You're just being lazy now you've been given an excuse. It's the new dyslexia - having that means you never need to try at anything ever again).

Take you computer to someone who knows something about anything. They will be able to assist you.

Copy-pasting graphics cards retail titles from play.com doesn't make you a pc expert.
I'm surprised there's no epic facepalm pics in here. anyways good luck with getting lfs to run on your PC.
#79 - kdo
let him on his shit ;D
-
(micromental) DELETED by micromental
Quote from micromental :Grow up !!! tristancliffe Tut Tut

So uhm, you build computers.
ok, I need some assistance. I'm building a rig with quad-core CPU, 16GB of RAM, and GeForce GTX 580. How powerful power supply would I need for this one?
im sorry
but who are you?

or more importantly, why do you think you are important enough that this warrants a thread?
-
(micromental) DELETED by micromental : Usless info
Quote from micromental :it depends what power needs of your processor, your motherboard, your video and sound cards, and everything else that goes inside your computer needs the add it all up

I would say about 600w at a minimum

That's funny you say that, because max. draw of GTX 580 is 300W, max. draw of i7-2600K is 95W, and max. draw of mobo+HDD+everything else is ~50W, making it 500W _at most_ and a good 450W if not running something crazy like buttcoins or Folding@Home for 24/7.

Keep building PC's.. but please do it just for yourself. ._.
Quote from Fuse5 :im sorry
but who are you?

or more importantly, why do you think you are important enough that this warrants a thread?

Delete it if u like

Pretty ashamed to be a member of this forum at times, but still proud to be part of LFS.
So the OP has been a little immature perhaps, not as much as some of the other posts / replies.
I am a willing to help micromental if you have any more problems feel free to PM me.
Maybe a fresh install of windows since it looks like u have disabled loads of services and other crap...

U also installed the latest DirectX 9?
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :Pretty ashamed to be a member of this forum at times, but still proud to be part of LFS.

That was my thoughts when reading replies.
Quote from micromental :Im the main administrator on my pc iv got a strong feeling its my graphics cards im using an "ATI Radeon x800 GTO EXPRESS" at this momment in time and iv tried it with my "Radeon HD2600XT 2x DUAL LINK DVI 512MB GDDR3 (128-BIT)" and still dosnt work But on my ASUS Graphics card it works but there in my Other computers that my mum and dad use But my mum Has got a new Graphics card and mother board So i can Use the ASUS ut of mums tomoro.

nice pc... how much did you spend on it ?

20-40 quid ? lmao.

but really ive played lfs on worse....
Well, i started playing lfs on my old Pentium with nvidia mx(?)440 (64mb of video ram...not sure about the numbers, it was loong time ago.) with 256/512 mb of ram and lfs runned fluently. Never had any problems with it. I think the problem isnt on your hardware there, software part causes 95% of problems like this. Also, i know you are logged in as an admin etc, but give it a try and right click on the lfs launcher and hit "run as an administrator" and see what happends.
"Giveing up on LFS" isn't a good choice when it's just about some random technical problem.

Are you sure it's your graphics card ? Both card model you mentioned should run LFS.

Quote from Joku123 :I'm using XP too. It's the best version of Windows so far.

+1
But I do have Win 7 installed on the new PC, mainly for DX10/11 games. Sooner or later I'll have to switch, so occasionally using it today isn't a bad idea.

Who asked for "EPIC FACEPALM" ?
As some have already sugested, i would try to format and start over. It doesnt really take that much time....in overall about 2 hours maybe? ( counting with drivers/programs instalation ). You are probably wasting time trying to fix what it SEEMS to be unfixable in that OS.

I dont know what do you use your PC besides LFS, but i can assure you that some files/drivers unrelated to either LFS or your wheel can cause that kind of problems, and if you cant spot them to delete them, format is your best chance.

Just go ahead man, get some food, turn the TV on, and get it going. If after that it still doesnt work, then you can defenitly rule out OS problems and start searching for hardware problems.

Anyways, these are my 2 cents, just trying to help.
Quote from JBiturbo :As some have already sugested, i would try to format and start over. It doesnt really take that much time....in overall about 2 hours maybe? ( counting with drivers/programs instalation ). You are probably wasting time trying to fix what it SEEMS to be unfixable in that OS.

I dont know what do you use your PC besides LFS, but i can assure you that some files/drivers unrelated to either LFS or your wheel can cause that kind of problems, and if you cant spot them to delete them, format is your best chance.

Just go ahead man, get some food, turn the TV on, and get it going. If after that it still doesnt work, then you can defenitly rule out OS problems and start searching for hardware problems.

Anyways, these are my 2 cents, just trying to help.

Just put a fresh install of windows xp on Done all the updates 100% ok and still dosnt work
Quote from micromental :Just put a fresh install of windows xp on Done all the updates 100% ok and still dosnt work

I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread. Could you please describe or link me to the post where you describe what exactly isn't working?
Does LFS even start?
Quote from three_jump :I'm too lazy to read through the whole thread. Could you please describe or link me to the post where you describe what exactly isn't working?
Does LFS even start?

Nope LFS dosnt even start up dosnt get to the welcome screen etc...
Hi Micromental
I've read most of this thread and your other thread "lfs wont start"
May I ask what driver you have installed for your GFX adaptor?
you are still using the HD2600 right? does it pass all the direct X tests? (run dxdiag)
When you say you are doing a fresh install are you reinstalling LFS from a local file or re-downloading it every time?

Just some thoughts.

Good luck

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :Hi Micromental
I've read most of this thread and your other thread "lfs wont start"
May I ask what driver you have installed for your GFX adaptor?
you are still using the HD2600 right? does it pass all the direct X tests? (run dxdiag)
When you say you are doing a fresh install are you reinstalling LFS from a local file or re-downloading it every time?

Just some thoughts.

Good luck

SD.

Fresh install as im reinstalling windows xp and lfs and Graphics card drivers and all the auto matic updates etc..
Humm!
does the lfs.exe show up in the task manager?
what does the deb.log in your lfs folder say?
does your gfx pass all the direct X tests? (run dxdiag)?

edit: that screenhots suggest that it might be related to your directX install / gfx drivers
Your Windows is fired, namely the "dinput8.dll" module of DirectX. It's possible that this is not the only thing that's faulty, Windows reinstallation is the easiest way out.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG