The online racing simulator
So you installed lfs from a cd? Which version is it? have you applied the latest patch before you started lfs?
Usually if your graphics drivers/cards are bad there is an error message telling you lfs not being able to find your gfx adaptor or something.

I ran lfs with an athlon xp2800+ and an ati 9800pro just fine, also with a 3200+ and 9600xt, today I've got a c2d6550 and an ati 4850, my brother had a pentium4 (3?) at 3GHz with an old nvidia and was able to play the demo just easily.

You should be able to play lfs with just about every computer built in the last 10 years, so I'm afraid you have to keep searching at your side.

greetz

der butz

Edit: too late. why is a fresh install of windows broken? have you just "gone over" the old one without formatting?
Have you any weird HID connected (wheels, jostick?). If yes, could you please unplug all device apart from mouse, keyboard, monitor, power and try the dxdiag again? (please reboot before)

edit:
if possible also try another mouse / keayboard. google suggests that some (USB) device might be the cause.
Quote from three_jump :does the lfs.exe show up in the task manager?
what does the deb.log in your lfs folder say?
does your gfx pass all the direct X tests? (run dxdiag)?

edit: that screenhots suggest that it might be related to your directX install / gfx drivers

This is what my deb.cfg has init :-

Dec 27 02:38:25 LFS : 0.6B
Dec 27 02:38:25 timer resolution 1 ms
Dec 27 02:38:25 read config
Dec 27 02:38:25 get command line
Dec 27 02:38:25 preinit d3d
Dec 27 02:38:25 number of adapters : 1
Dec 27 02:38:25 adapter 0 - valid modes : 44
Dec 27 02:38:25 load bans
Dec 27 02:38:25 load font
Dec 27 02:38:25 no fonts available : SHIFTJIS
Dec 27 02:38:25 no fonts available : CHINESEBIG5
Dec 27 02:38:25 no fonts available : GB2312
Dec 27 02:38:25 no fonts available : HANGUL
Dec 27 02:38:25 -----
Dec 27 02:38:25 max texture size 8192
Dec 27 02:38:25 can do shadows
Dec 27 02:38:25 can use 2x tex
Dec 27 02:38:25 can do multi tex
Dec 27 02:38:25 can use dynamic tex
Dec 27 02:38:25 can use compressed tex
Dec 27 02:38:25 create english file
Dec 27 02:38:25 initialisations
Dec 27 02:38:25 human system
Dec 27 02:38:26 tables
Dec 27 02:38:26 helmet
Dec 27 02:38:26 controllers
Dec 27 02:38:26 load objects
Dec 27 02:38:26 default light map
Dec 27 02:38:26 start intro
Dec 27 02:38:26 end of initialisation
Quote from MadCatX :Your Windows is fired, namely the "dinput8.dll" module of DirectX. It's possible that this is not the only thing that's faulty, Windows reinstallation is the easiest way out.

Iv just done a complete Reinstall of windows i deleted the partion in drive :C then i installed a new xp in drive C:
If you can't play it you can make me a nice christmas/new year's gift. By gift i mean gifting me your account. Just a thought

(p.p. May sound like joking, but i am serious)
still here? wow
Did you install a proper original windows version or some funny "super package installation" you've got from somewhere?

Mainboard drivers installed as well?

greetz

der butz
its work now for some unknown reason
Too bad you gave up.
Oh, and thank you guys for trying to help me with my computer problem and my grammar!

corrected that for you
try something like downloading an older driver for your gpu,i had a few problems when i was running my old system which had the nvidia 6200 card when using the latest drivers
Quote from micromental :Iv decided to give up on lfs as it just will not run on my computer And the Technical Assistance isnt what i thought Arr Well Adios!! amegos! :L

lol
You know what? - Your NICKNAME made me cry laughting!!!

How can You call Yourself: M I C R O M E N T A L and post such micromental crap! Woahahahaha! TNX - You made my year!

Yours, Macrostupid
Quote from Dandy Dust :You know what? - Your NICKNAME made me cry laughting!!!

How can You call Yourself: M I C R O M E N T A L and post such micromental crap! Woahahahaha! TNX - You made my year!

Yours, Macrostupid

And what was that for? :wtf2:

How grown up people can sometimes act so childish is beyond me.

Good to hear OP got it all sorted.
Is "micromental" not MENT to be funny?

If not, I am sorry.
Quote from Matrixi :And what was that for? :wtf2:

How grown up people can sometimes act so childish is beyond me.

Good to hear OP got it all sorted.

Thanks matrix
@micromental:

What does Your nickname express?

Dandy
It's dust! Aren't you a dandy! I remember you from the old CTRA Servers! Good to see ya again.

Oh, and bye mental. I guess. Whatever.
Would be good to see the old ctra servers back! Oh happy times!

greetz

der who is micromental butz
Quote from der butz :Would be good to see the old ctra servers back! Oh happy times!

Happy days indeed
Is there absolutely no chance of bringing it back? Who ran the show? I joined in late - it folded when I was just starting out in the XFG/XRG servers...

Can we help in any way to help to bring it back/run (check replays etc.) if its gonna bring all you folk back?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG