The online racing simulator
in iRacing and rFactor (Mod) the LEDs won't turn off, too.
Go to this menu and it will reset:
Attached images
123.jpg
Thanks. Although just pulling out the USB when I'm done fo the day is easier.
Great, perhaps all the effort wasn't it vain after all

I'll upload a more polished version which will shut down the LEDs and stuff later, but before I start to tweak the source even further I'd like some feedback from more users.
Thanks a lot for testing and suggestions guys, you've been of big help.

@phoenix
As the mod doesn't use OutGauge anymore, you should be fine with CSR.
Does it use Insim?
Because I use "camlevel" with Insim and "CSR" with OutGauge^^
Just these 2 tools.

Now it would be 3 tools^^

Will it run then with 2 Insim tools?

I've read something about a tool which allows to use more Insim tools at the same time in the past, do I need it?
This mod doesn't use any kind of official LFS interface, it reads the RPM and type of the car directly form the memory - not a solution I particularly like but using OutGauge appeared to be sorta problematic. I don't expect any problems with InSim or OutGauge dependent apps.

BTW, you can use og_relay to feed multiple applications with OutGauge data.
i love u
Gosh, I can't wait to try it out when I come back home tomorrow
Hey MadCatX, maybe you edit your 1st post, put the .zip there and renew the guide, because it still says it uses OutGauge

I forgot... I also use ENBseries... -.-

Next you have to solve this

EDIT:

ROFL!!!!!!

It runs WITH ENBseries^^

I got LFS running with ENB, CSR, camlevel & G27LED simultaneously

thank you god!!!
Not working for me. Didn't try on a completely fresh lfs install but have no other dll mods in the lfs directory.

Extra debugging info enabled in the cfg.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.
Attached files
g27dbg.txt - 287.4 KB - 473 views
For some reason the mod cannot access LFS process' memory. You might have some kind of very restrictive firewall or AV software running that tries to prevent this kind of direct memory access. Are you using any other mods or tweaks?
I'm not running any firewall and tried again with avast turned off (same result).

I'm using DXTweak2.exe to compensate for spiking logitech pedals. Result is the same when values are set back to default, program is deleted and PC rebooted.

No other mods or tweaks (apart from textures and sounds).
Finally i am able to post! (had some issues with GPU; changed 4 in this week lol)

Anyway.
The last versions works perfect! Good job on finally doing it.

Also here are 2 small suggestions:
1) As already said before, reset leds when close lfs(or even when lose focus[alt+tab for example])
2) At readme file it says about "g27cfg.cfg" but the real name is "g27leds.cfg"(not big deal but just saying!)

Finally here is my cfg file with all cars including having the right RPM min/max values and ULTRA SYNCED formula cars(FBM,FOX,FO8,BF1)!

http://pastebin.com/0SkLctWd
OK, the V1.01 is out, it should switch the LEDs off when LFS exits or looses focus. It should also recreate the "g27dbg.txt" file every time LFS is started.

I also revised some of my fears about the mod not being compatible with a lot of other stuff. It seems it won't be as bad as I thought after all..
It works great for me with ffb.. thanks
It works!!! Well done, thank you!
Is there any way to create a different redline for each car, or am I completely over looking that feature.
Quote from Bmxtwins :Is there any way to create a different redline for each car, or am I completely over looking that feature.

All redlines can be set in the cfg file.
I'm still not having any luck.

Tried latest version on a new LFS install. AV turned off. Reinstalled latest G27 drivers.

Full debugging info enabled but doesn't seem to be logging errors. Any suggestions on what else I can try is appreciated.

**Edit: now have it working, thanks for your brilliant work on this MadCatX. **
Attached files
g27dbg.txt - 1.1 KB - 464 views
Quote from AndreNZ :I'm still not having any luck.

Tried latest version on a new LFS install. AV turned off. Reinstalled latest G27 drivers.

Full debugging info enabled but doesn't seem to be logging errors. Any suggestions on what else I can try is appreciated.

**Edit: now have it working, thanks for your brilliant work on this MadCatX. **

Do you have any idea what got it working? There's another guys with what appears to be the same problem and the debugging output suggests that for some reason the RPM read from LFS memory is always 0. I'd like to fix any problems I might have missed..
You are my hero. It's amazing that you did this without an actual G27
One bad thing about it is that sometimes my force feedback turns off when I join track.
Quote from Flame CZE :One bad thing about it is that sometimes my force feedback turns off when I join track.

I'm not sure if anything can be done about this, I haven't had this issue during development, but it certainly could be related. Does Alt+Tabbing out and in or toggling FFB support in controllers settings in LFS help?
Oh and it doesn't seem to turn off the LEDs when LFS window loses focus. But I have no idea what can cause that.
Quote from Flame CZE :Oh and it doesn't seem to turn off the LEDs when LFS window loses focus. But I have no idea what can cause that.

This is completely my fault as I didn't really bother checking if the command is being passed on to the wheel correctly. It should be already fixed in my version...
*Staring at the LED's of his Logitech G27 when pushing the throttle*
It's working brilliant out here ^^
Great job!! Many thanks

Tim

G27 LEDs mod [renamed]
(329 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG