In an attempt to fix the force feedback issue some users reported I created a simple tool to test if the problem is triggered by the control commands being sent too fast.
- Download VC++ 2012 libraries here
(unless you have them already)
- Download the tool itself here
- Launch the tool and set up the periodic effect and LEDs. Default settings should be fine for a first test.
- Click "Start", your wheel should begin to periodically turn left and right and the LEDs should start to blink in the pattern you have set.
- Try decreasing the "Update delay" values for both the FFB effect and LEDs and see if you can duplicate the problem.
- "Update delay" values can be edited on the fly, effect parameters and LED patterns cannot, you have to restart the effect.
This tool bypasses the Logitech drivers and sends raw commands to the wheel. Although they are believed to be fine, I take no responsibility for any hardware damage this tool could theoretically cause.