The online racing simulator
Dont ever use DHL!
(25 posts, started )
Dont ever use DHL!
Arrrggghhh! Sorry but i have to rant.

I sent a parcel via parcel2go who use DHL as thier carrier. DHL managed a no show, then failed to rebook, then turned up three days late. Whilst in transit they damaged the parcel & the contents & now refuse to compensate me due to the item being a TV. (even though they broke it)

Take my advice use a proper parcel company or better still just dont send large parcels, period. God knows what im going to have to tell the poor git who bought it off me.

Damage Ha Lol - a new slogan for them, the ,s
I'm sorry to hear that
Quote from anttt69 :God knows what im going to have to tell the poor git who bought it off me.

I'd say you're morally obligated to give the buyer his money back.
Don't spam. Every carrier has one problem every 100 delivers. I'm sorry for you, your parcel was exactly that one, but it doesn't mean anything
#5 - Bean0
The buyer will expect, and should receive a full refund.

I can see nothing in DHLs Ts&Cs about not covering TVs.

They do state that liability is limited to £100, or £2/kg for pieces over 50Kg.
You had the option to take out their enhanced protection at 1.5% of the declared value of the goods.

Also, if the receiver has signed that the goods were received 'in good condition', then it is unlikely any courier would entertain the claim.

Then again, your contract is with Parcel2Go, not DHL.
The last courier I used totally ****ed up. Premium Parcel or something like that. The selected carrier of The Engine Co. (Stockport). Some how my cylinder head went missing and then found again in Edinburgh.

Now sure Pickering is 100ish miles East of Manchester, but for **** sakes, how do you **** up so much it winds up 220ish miles North East?

God damn Mancy Thickies. Means I now have to road trip to Stockport to pick up the parts myself which is a road trip I could do without.
There is no such thing as a good courier, courier reviews.

I visited TNT once to agree a new shipping deal for a former company I worked for and when I went into the warehouse for a look around the staff where playing football with parcels for both the goal and the ball.

I got to spend 2 days in a hotel rebuilding a mini computer when DHL destroyed £10k worth of equipment, which was quite amusing [for me] when the maid walked in and I had an electric drill with screwdriver head bit in my hand and I looked at her and buzzed it.

I did a temp job working for Nightfrieght for a week and saw the staff merrily breaking open a consignment of sweets and helping themselves. Although much more amusing was that this was during the Anthrax scares and on seeing a parcel dripping white powder I called the foreman over who proceeded to dip his finger in like sherbert and taste it before declaring that it was soap powder.

To me they're all much the same, except they seem to vary wildly on price depending on who they're shipping from and what the ambient temperature is in a small village on the border between Chillie and Peru: Consumers don't seem to get anything like the rates that business do by a factor of 10-50x, and whether the price is 10 times inflated or 50 seems to be more random than the crash physics in LFS.
Anthrax, Who really gives a shit, It's candy with a REALLY COOL NAME!

But no.. This stuff just doesn't happen here? It might be a british thing, But I handle couriers daily from my (Two) Jobs and I can say there is never, In my 1 year of working ever, Been a broken seal or even a ding in the packages, I don't know if dealing with food and general electronics is any different, But I've just never seen it..Wish you guys luck on your couriers.

I buzz drill bits at my boyfriend when I'm working on something, He knows what I can do with a drill bit and a drill, And he's scared of it.
Quote from NitroNitrous :Don't spam.

Dont write in my thread .

Quote from Bean0 :
Then again, your contract is with Parcel2Go, not DHL.

This is exactly the problem. I wish i had gone direct now.

Quote from Becky Rose :There is no such thing as a good courier,

....which was quite amusing [for me] when the maid walked in and I had an electric drill with screwdriver head bit in my hand and I looked at her and buzzed it.

I agree & funny story, how butch lesbian of you .
Damnit, sorry to hear. Our head gasket was mega late as TNT lost it -_-.
We use UPS here at work to ship things to customers and they've been good, never heard a problem. (We have contracts such as next working day replacement hardware delivery,4/8 hour on site, etc.)

Also have used UPS for personal shipments and always arrived fine, in good condition. Also have used CitiLink and DPD many times without problem. It's not the company so much, it's just some of the people who are employeed with them. You're always going to have a few bad eggs in the basket.
I have never known a good courier yet. At work we've used both ParcelForce and HDNL, both of which consistently fail to deliver items. I've used CityLink personally and had them not even bother to ring the bell when I was in the house waiting.

There is a reason that they get called ParcelFarce, OOPS, ShittyLink, etc. For some reason it seems to be impossible for the drivers to engage their brains when trying to deliver stuff. Makes me crazy.
Quote from anttt69 :Arrrggghhh! Sorry but i have to rant.

I sent a parcel via parcel2go who use DHL as thier carrier. DHL managed a no show, then failed to rebook, then turned up three days late. Whilst in transit they damaged the parcel & the contents & now refuse to compensate me due to the item being a TV. (even though they broke it)

Take my advice use a proper parcel company or better still just dont send large parcels, period. God knows what im going to have to tell the poor git who bought it off me.

Damage Ha Lol - a new slogan for them, the ,s

Us ants love to rant///must be because people just step on us, or worse...use magnifying glasses to fry us...Rant on Ant. DHL SUCKS
Quote from S14 DRIFT :We use UPS here at work to ship things to customers and they've been good, never heard a problem.

+1 for UPS

I booked a parcel collection through Interparcel at 11:35am, UPS arrived just 25 minutes later to collect it, and it had been delivered by 11:20 the next day (and that was using a non-express service). I was quite pleased
If any of you have horror stories from using parcel companies pls make you voice known.

Please join my facebook page.

Thanks
in germany DHL was tested and was the best.
and we have quite a few different companies here delivering ur goods.
I've heard a lot of bad things for DHL in North America, too. UPS seems to do pretty well here, though. I usually opt for Canada Post; for the consumer, it's fine.
In one country DHL acts uber fast and confident, in some another one makes a total shit services.

Quite personal...
By far the worst company is Hermes. Not that they have failed multiple times to deliver a package to me, no they even wrote me a letter (to the same address) notifying me that the address doesn't exist...
Quote from three_jump :By far the worst company is Hermes. Not that they have failed multiple times to deliver a package to me, no they even wrote me a letter (to the same address) notifying me that the address doesn't exist...

lol?
DHL.... Yeah that went well the last time I shipped with them.
Quote me $79.87, I sign for "ground" shipping ($79.87) then I get the bill a month later for somewhere around $450. I call up, scare about three customer service agents before getting the manager to agree to change it to what I was quoted and to send me a new invoice... A month later I get a call from collections for the $450 (my phone was in about 30 pieces at the end of that call).
The next year and a half I was getting phone calls from that company but the idiots had my last name spelled wrong so they could not do anything but harass me.
All seemed to have gone away when DHL stopped offering domestic shipping (U.S.). So in the end I shipped a transmission without paying DHL a dime and the buyer never complained so he did not pay either.
all of these companys suck Tbvh, i can understand a warehouse is complicated, organizing is hard but its their JOB! seriously... why invest millions in a fully automated warehouse vans with gps etc if you're just going to be a cnut ?

ive had small things arrive late ( you know, car parts for birthdays, bought 6 weeks early to avoid their hassle ) if i can at all avoid importing i will, even from england which is only a short swim away...
DHL, now called Yodel in the UK, are in serious financial difficulties. Loosing £1.6m a week for an extended period the company has restructured and now uses contracted small local couriers to support a very small core distribution network. The contracted drivers do not appear to be offering a very good service on the whole, with many areas being almost impossible to deliver too and saturday deliveries just being a joke with - from experience a 0% successful delivery rate.

One of my biggest clients just moved their account away from DHL/Yodel because of the hundreds of parcels we sent there were some days when most of them were lost or damaged.

DHL/Yodel is owned by the one of the brothers who owns Barclays bank. A return to profit is therefor higher on the agenda than offering good service levels. As with most bank owned businesses short term fiscal return is the focus of their activities and consumers be damned.

Use at your own risk.
Trying to get Yodel to redeliver or allow you to collect a parcel from them is a complete nightmare!

I've used Interparcel to send parcels recently and they've been great, I normally use their economy option (which is actually UPS).

Dont ever use DHL!
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG