The online racing simulator
Quote from wistily :I totally agree, posters are very childich.
An annoucement is made regarding the launch of a new version "next week", and three years later the new version seems to have completely vanished, with no explanation whatsoever. And then people seems a little bit desoriented... do you believe that ? What a bunch of wheeners !!!

You seem to have missed the explanations then.
Its almost that time of year. At least in the past the devs would throw us a bone around Christmas and everyone would be happy. Nothing but coals in everyone's socks again this year. Time to move on.
Quote from joeynuggetz :Nothing but coals in everyone's socks again this year.

Maybe we finally get an Esperanto language pack, fingers crossed!
I still check this forum every 3 days, hoping that we get an update (and the more I do, the more stupid I feel :S). But no. We've heard talks about Scirocco, new physics, and every since I joined, and they say that they are still working on it. Some of you can say that they still care, and are still working on it, but let's be realistic. They're not.

No need for flames. Just want to say this online, (just because everyone has), even though I know it gets nowhere.

Bye
Quote from GenesisX :I still check this forum every 3 days, hoping that we get an update (and the more I do, the more stupid I feel :S). But no. We've heard talks about Scirocco, new physics, and every since I joined, and they say that they are still working on it. Some of you can say that they still care, and are still working on it, but let's be realistic. They're not.

100% agreed

(let's hope Scawen will read this thread ffs...)
I think it's in everyones best interest that the LFS community is kept upto date and informed about the progress of S3.

I'm aware that scarwan has said he is working on the tyre model ect. BUT 'd like to come to the forums and just be assured that progress is still being made. Even if it's just
'hey how are you doing I worked on "x" this week'
A screenshot of a new track or a video of the tyre flex model would be even better. Hey take 100 screen shots today and release 5 a week. I don't care I just would like to see something.
Quote from FPVaaron :I think it's in everyones best interest that the LFS community is kept upto date and informed about the progress of S3.

I'm aware that scarwan has said he is working on the tyre model ect. BUT 'd like to come to the forums and just be assured that progress is still being made. Even if it's just
'hey how are you doing I worked on "x" this week'
A screenshot of a new track or a video of the tyre flex model would be even better. Hey take 100 screen shots today and release 5 a week. I don't care I just would like to see something.

+1

It's time to act devs!
That's exactly what Scarwan should do.
scarwan shuld f**k da tire phisics and put a bugatty veiron in2 da gaem.
yup, and some ferrarry and lambourghyny
Scarwan will put out all those scars of LFS and make it clean.
rFactor 2 is probably released in late 2011, most likely in early 2012...
GTR 3 are teasing people with more news...
C.A.R.S. is evolving at cruise control speed...

LFS is... stuck.

And with this titles coming out, the interest for LFS will go down even more than it is right now...

I believe one of two things will happen:

- next release will be the last and final LFS release;
- 0.6b will be considered sooner or later the final LFS release;

Scawen doesn't have a major interest in developing this anymore, since the profit is not that great, the prospects to correct that situation are fewer as long as time goes by (people are trying and running in other sims) and the last move of good will for this comunity could be a track creating tool released for LFS to keep it alive for much more years. That would give LFS a boost and would leave Scawen, Eric and Victor the sense of mission acomplished. Then, they could finally kick the sneakers off, put the slippers on, seat back and finally relax...

That's what I think will happen, because LFS is being overlapped day after day. Sadly, since it was a few years ago the most promising sim in the market, even when I bought S2, back in 2009.
#65 - SkaM
Cmoon guys, devs have made it clear that they will work at their own pace and release some content when they want. Just be patient, may be something will come up around Christmas (although I've been expecting Scirocco for the last 2 years). If not, may be they have already given up. Even so, I doubt they will ever come out with such statement.
And for those who are saying that devs are rude or whatever-they have every right to be like that. For 3 guys to reach such success just working on their own (if that's true, you never know ) is something worth taking a look at.

Personally, I've stopped following any dev updates or some news, if there will be a patch or a possibility to upgrade to a newer version, I'm sure the in-game updater will give a notification. I really don't have time to check for non-existing news or to fill my head with false hopes from some small updates and I would suggest others to do the same.
Guys please stop moaning about Scawen, he hasn't done anything wrong! All he is trying to do is to please you guys with a fantastic tyre physics.

And I guess what the REAL problem is, is that Eric didn't finish the S3 content yet!

And that he does it at a slow pace, and maybe HE lost interest in LFS.

And that could well be because all of you dumbo's who keep complaining and bragging.

Clean up YOUR act, and then maybe ScaViEr will also!

Sorry if I make anyone angry, or if I completely miss the point. But this is what I think.
I think we need to see some more teasers, but at the same time haven't seen much on these new physics. How about some small video showing how they are different and explain the major updates in them. Also I personally would like to see more content, but that is the dev's choice. I am perfectly happy waiting for quality work, though I wouldn't mind the content being released now in some sort of beta stage.

More progress made this year than 2010 though
just check this website and see the dates, the frequency of announcements
http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/

if there has not been ANY progress within few months at lfs, its sad.
and no one should care how many of developers are there - its about results. if you got your assignment at work, your boss doesnt care if you worked at it alone or with your mother, if you give him the right results on time so i dont see the point of this saying "oh look there are only 3 developers"...so what...as they say, its their choice, they chose to fail and be behind and dont advertise any news regarding their progress. they also realize that whenever they release S3 or any other content, each racer will get back to this game.
Quote from rockclan :Guys please stop moaning about Scawen, he hasn't done anything wrong! All he is trying to do is to please you guys with a fantastic tyre physics.

And I guess what the REAL problem is, is that Eric didn't finish the S3 content yet!

And that he does it at a slow pace, and maybe HE lost interest in LFS.

And that could well be because all of you dumbo's who keep complaining and bragging.

Clean up YOUR act, and then maybe ScaViEr will also!

Sorry if I make anyone angry, or if I completely miss the point. But this is what I think.

Look, I'm not moaning. I'm simply stating facts and giving a perfectly reasonable choice for LFS future, concerning the actual evolution on the LFS comercial competitors.

This does not mean that I'll be stopping to like LFS and stop praising Scavier's work until now. In fact, if you read my previous comments, I defend their work, ideas and actual condition towards LFS development. I'm still nowadays racing and organizing events in order to get LFS notable to some comunities that even nowadays think LFS is NFS misspelled.
I know we used to jokingly say that the Scirocco was a lie/myth but thats all it is to me now. I'm sure the devs are still working hard, but by the time things get released I imagine I will have moved on with my life, like many LFSers sadly have. Jeez, I remember playing LFS six years ago (back when the community was expanding very rapidly and even public racing was filled with life) and thinking about how far LFS could go but, honestly, I think many aspects of the community have been going backwards for some time.

I fear that my time with LFS will soon be coming to a close as well (have to grow up some day) and I just feel like its a damned shame that LFS is only where it is today.
Quote from Hoshimodo :Well to summarize your posting Mountaindewzilla:

1. Don't ask or even talk about anything related to the current state/development of LFS

2. Anyway no one is going to answer anything - not to speak of making any form of announcement because some utterly childish forum members could ask a few years later what's going on with these

3.Why keep this forum alive in the first place?

1. It's all been said. Asking is clearly a fruitless endeavor.
2. I think you misread my post. I didn't say that people would ask years later, I said they would ask for years. Historically, people start asking within days of an update.

3. This forum does not exist so that users have a place to beg and complain. There are plenty of discussions about things other than LFS development on this forum.
Quote from Mountaindewzilla :
This forum does not exist so that users have a place to beg and complain.

So asking about anything related to development in the general LFS forum is nothing other than begging and complaining? Maybe I misunderstood you, which is very likely, but the conclusion would be:
"Never ever try to indicate interest in LFS development in the general LFS forum. If you want to post anything, talk about other things in any subforum"
Lfs is still being updated? or not?
Good Evening all, I may be repetitive, this is a question that vorreri address to all but especially to the creators of live for speed .. But we have no news of what once was thought comes out? where did the new tracks, new cars? Lfs is going slowly with the decrease of people who get tired of giracchiare always on the same tracks, now as always from 2-3 years with the same car? everywhere we turn we see other simulators that sometimes shoot some news ..
ok 0.6b gave us the big news, but now all dead? every now and update us on what's happening? maybe shoot out some small news just to see that this blessed S3 will come sooner or later! From the force with this update!

ps.: sorry for my English is not very good .. hehe
Yes, Scawen is still working on the new tyre physics. When he is happy with the results, he will release a test patch. Eric is also working on some S3 content.
Quote from Hoshimodo :So asking about anything related to development in the general LFS forum is nothing other than begging and complaining? Maybe I misunderstood you, which is very likely, but the conclusion would be:
"Never ever try to indicate interest in LFS development in the general LFS forum. If you want to post anything, talk about other things in any subforum"

Quote from Mountaindewzilla :
It's all been said. Asking is clearly a fruitless endeavor.

Just to make sure what I'm saying is understood:
Asking about development is not going to yield any new information.

I'm sorry if you find my generalizations disagreeable, but the fact of the matter is that they are valid. Most people complain or beg. Many people create reasons for Scawen to post ("LFS is dying. I'm losing interest. Other sims are in development" etc) which is akin to begging. The remainder are either indifferent, or are sycophantic.

Everything worth saying on this topic has been said. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I imagine that threads like this one are allowed to exist in an attempt to keep the aforementioned types of shit posting in one place.

[Merged] Discussion regarding LFS development
(1577 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG