The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm not defending him, I'm just saying it's less of a cheat than speed hack or something.

He's gaining unfair positions no matter how you look at it. 20 car wreck happens in front, everyone is slowing down trying to avoid it. That driver flips his switch and drives flat out through, then flips the switch back and has just passed the whole field as the caution has come out and has to worry nothing about damage or (if anyone cares) incident points. It's also free iRating (since others crashed and you did not), and free points if it is in a big championship (like that video was of DWC).

It's changing something outside the game, and physically for that matter. Could fall under cheating for sure. Not any less of a cheat, if anything it is more useful than a speedhack, as a speedhack is easily noticable.
Quote from PMD9409 :He's gaining unfair positions no matter how you look at it. 20 car wreck happens in front, everyone is slowing down trying to avoid it. That driver flips his switch and drives flat out through, then flips the switch back and has just passed the whole field as the caution has come out and has to worry nothing about damage or (if anyone cares) incident points. It's also free iRating (since others crashed and you did not), and free points if it is in a big championship (like that video was of DWC).

It's changing something outside the game, and physically for that matter. Could fall under cheating for sure. Not any less of a cheat, if anything it is more useful than a speedhack, as a speedhack is easily noticable.

Yea when you put it like that, you're right. It's less of a visual cheat, more of a sly one.
Quote from PMD9409 :He's gaining unfair positions no matter how you look at it. 20 car wreck happens in front, everyone is slowing down trying to avoid it. That driver flips his switch and drives flat out through, then flips the switch back and has just passed the whole field...

He's not gaining any positions. You've just fabricated some kind of worse case scenario that never happened. He was running near the front & used it to avoid one car, he didnt gain any positions & he saved the rest of the field from a race ending wreck. The only person he passed was the guy who had already lost it. Effectively his lag switch had a positive result on the race so calling him out as a "cheat" is not right.

Any build news please.
Quote from anttt69 :He's not gaining any positions. You've just fabricated some kind of worse case scenario that never happened. He was running near the front & used it to avoid one car, he didnt gain any positions & he saved the rest of the field from a race ending wreck. The only person he passed was the guy who had already lost it. Effectively his lag switch had a positive result on the race so calling him out as a "cheat" is not right.

Any build news please.

A grip hack and he would have avoided the car as well. But that would just be saving other cars, therefore not a cheat...
Quote from anttt69 : Effectively his lag switch had a positive result on the race so calling him out as a "cheat" is not right.

Laughable!

He cheated. Plain and simple.

His race should have been over. He avoided ending his race by cheating. End of story.
Quote :Cheating refers to the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation.

Is there a rule about lag switching?
What advantage did he gain?
Would you be complaining if you were in the pack behind him?

This is not a clear cut situation.
Quote from anttt69 :
What advantage did he gain?

This is not a clear cut situation.

Come on fella, you're not stupid. The advantage he gained was that he should have been out of the race but due to his lag switch he wasn't. That's a massive advantage in anyone's book.

It's perfectly clear cut. It couldn't be clearer.

Should everyone in the field have a lag switch to avoid accidents? Do you really think that's racing?
I understand what he's saying, but you guys are right, it's an advantage over OTHER drivers, whatever situation, he's still using something that isn't part of the game. Well, the disappearing thing IS a problem in the game so I guess he's stretching poor coding of the game that already exists.
This is what I found in the Sporting code:
Quote :6.10.10. Exiting a car or disconnecting from the server while driving is equivalent
to requesting a tow. The tow continues while the driver is out of his/her car or
disconnected and trying to rejoin. The driver may re-enter his/her car at any time during or after the tow, but will still have to wait for the tow to complete before performing pit crew actions or continuing the race.

Quote :7.1. Breach*of*Rules*
7.1.1. Any of the following offenses in addition to any offenses referred to previously,
shall be deemed to be a breach of rules:
7.1.1.1. Any action having as its object to illegally alter the simulation, content,
cars, tracks or any aspects of the software to gain unfair competitive
advantage.

Getting into wrecks is part of racing. It is clearly an "unfair competitive
advantage" if you can avoid wrecks on the track completely just by pressing a button.

And if momentary disconnection is allowed then what all is allowed to be done with the signal? Alter the signal just slightly so your car jumps forward so you always win situations where you cross the s/f line abreast with someone. Or avoid speeding in the pits by using that momentary disconnect button.

Or just figure out the competitors internet address and DoS his connection by sending him bucketloads of pictures of chihuahuas.
What, how is this even a discussion?
Quote from Jertje :What, how is this even a discussion?

Sorry i was just arguing for the sake of arguing. I couldn't care less who runs with a lag switch. At the end of the day its only sim racing.
Yeah let's not have rules because something more important things are out there.
Quote from anttt69 :Sorry i was just arguing for the sake of arguing. I couldn't care less who runs with a lag switch. At the end of the day its only sim racing.

When are patch notes going up?

Are they adding more shadows for replays? Bitches love shadows.
They're keeping everything pretty quiet. I don't expect this build to be anything great. They still won't have 2.0 stuff even close to complete.
What annoys me is they haven't reset the world records. So the top 300times are from the old (faster) builds. Same for the Time Trail ratings/standings too..
live airports... seriously. what the ****
All great "sims" have airplanes.
Hope people notice that he races with AI and not beta drivers when testing those features. People rage about no AI all the time.

If you didn't see when it showed AI cars, just look at the relative when he is driving the NASCAR truck at Charlotte.
It also proves that there are no beta drivers. Or maybe we're all beta drivers?
There is a beta team that test/receive the new content before others.. How much actual problem reporting they do? Who knows ..
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG