The online racing simulator
Quote from Klutch :I believe the 2nd sticker down is more vital than the first.

Well, it still lacks NRG.
Let's see how long before that racist picture is removed.... I won't hold my breath!
Quote from Intrepid :Let's see how long before that racist picture is removed.... I won't hold my breath!

You mean, politically incorrect? Pikey refers to gypsy of generic Irish origins, which would mean they are the same race (I assume) as you or I, meaning that in fact, it's a xenophobic image, to be pedantic.
Pikey is now used as a generic term to abuse gypsies of all descents - irish or romany. It's like saying the p-word only refers to people from Pakistani origin... it does not.

Gypsies are now protected under the Race Relations Act and I, as many other do as well, consider the term pikey racism. You can argue whether Romany gyspies are an ethnic group or a race until the cow comes home. I consider Romany gypsies a race of people as they share many of the characteristics of a any given race - Different appearance, language, and culture. Not that anybody would actually know because they are blinding by their own ignorance

The term pikey is no different to the n-word or the p-word. If it said "N***** - Just nick it" it would be gone by now. But will that above post get removed? No.
Quote from Klutch :I believe the 2nd sticker down is more vital than the first.

I'd say the 3rd sticker is more vital than the second.
Quote from Intrepid :Pikey is now used as a generic term to abuse gypsies of all descents - irish or romany. It's like saying the p-word only refers to people from Pakistani origin... it does not.

Gypsies are now protected under the Race Relations Act and I, as many other do as well, consider the term pikey racism. You can argue whether Romany gyspies are an ethnic group or a race until the cow comes home. I consider Romany gypsies a race of people as they share many of the characteristics of a any given race - Different appearance, language, and culture. Not that anybody would actually know because they are blinding by their own ignorance

The term pikey is no different to the n-word or the p-word. If it said "N***** - Just nick it" it would be gone by now. But will that above post get removed? No.

Give over and get over yourself.

Pikey is a word nowadays used to describe anyone who wears baseball caps, shell suits and white trainers while hanging around in Budgens trying to nick packets of fags. Normally we call Gypsies "Jippos/Gyppo".

If you consider Pikey racist then I'm afraid you weren't educated on the Apartheid. Besides, are you part of the "PC Crew" who ruin things which 98% of us find funny and non offensive because you like to be a PITA?

As for Paki (it's paki not cu** so why you said P-Word is beyond me...) it's a phrase used to describe a person of Pakistani origin however some people use it to describe anyone from the Indian regions which is their mistake. It's like calling British person a "Brit" or an Australian person an "Aussie". Simple shorthand. The same word can mean many things to different people so unfortunately people use them wrongly but whatever.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Give over and get over yourself.

Pikey is a word nowadays used to describe anyone who wears baseball caps, shell suits and white trainers while hanging around in Budgens trying to nick packets of fags. Normally we call Gypsies "Jippos/Gyppo".

If you consider Pikey racist then I'm afraid you weren't educated on the Apartheid. Besides, are you part of the "PC Crew" who ruin things which 98% of us find funny and non offensive because you like to be a PITA?

I suppose you've witnessed the effect of racial abuse towards gypsies have you? You're integrated into the community and obviously have a full understanding of the quite bizarre and frankly disgusting attitude they face from general society? No? Thought not!

It's like we've gone back in the time to the 70s when it was OK to have the minstrels on TV, and negro an accepted term of black people. And no one in the last thirty years has ever used 'p*ki' to merely describe someone from pakistan, that's complete and utter nonsense. The term pikey is a racial slur against gypsies, full stop. Not just another word for 'chav'. don't be so naive.

I am ALL for freedom of speech. I don't think there should be any laws against it. However I find the hypocrisy appalling from the moderators on this forum. They think pikey is an acceptable and humorous term, yet n*gger is not?

Gypsies have had to cope with the same, if not worse brutality throughout history than any racial group, including hundreds of thousands slaughtered in concentration camps during WWII & having slavery imposed on Roma gypsies as well as ethnic cleansing and general hatred towards them. there is example after example of brutality towards gyspy people through history.

but yh, it still appears ok to use the term pikey. It's so funny celebrating the historical and current hatred towards gypsies. HHmm.. the reason 90% think it's funny is because they are stupid.
Quote from Intrepid :I suppose you've witnessed the effect of racial abuse towards gypsies have you? You're integrated into the community and obviously have a full understanding of the quite bizarre and frankly disgusting attitude they face from general society? No? Thought not!

I'm not integrated into the gypsy community because I pay my taxes and live in a house, placing my rubbish in a bin, where as they often don't, living in caravans in fields belonging to other people, placing their rubbish on the ground before leaving it there when they go. Pikey is not racist.

Quote :And no one in the last thirty years has ever used 'p*ki' to merely describe someone from pakistan, that's complete and utter nonsense. The term pikey is a racial slur against gypsies, full stop. Not just another word for 'chav'. don't be so naive.

I have so... I and everyone I know

Quote :I am ALL for freedom of speech. I don't think there should be any laws against it.

Clearly you're notl

I can't be bothered answering the rest of your points because it seems you are a Gyspy or have some sort of tie with them so..peace out.
Quote from S14 DRIFT : living in caravans in fields belonging to other people, placing their rubbish on the ground before leaving it there when they go.

And steal car stereos, sell fake gold items on street, etc
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm not integrated into the gypsy community because I pay my taxes and live in a house, placing my rubbish in a bin, where as they often don't, living in caravans in fields belonging to other people, placing their rubbish on the ground before leaving it there when they go. Pikey is not racist.

Good for you, you live in a house and pay your taxes... woop tee doo.. so what? You think that makes you special or a better person?

Clearly you have no clue about what the gypsy community has to deal with. Even on their own land they have forced evictions and are generally treated like a sub-class of human.

If you don't think pikey (and it appears p*ki as well) is racist then I really feel sorry for you. The fact you have never met or even spoken to someone for the gypsy community means I can't feel anything other than pity for your ignorance.
Lol, Interpid, because of people who thinks like you and are in government, most ''old Europe'' countries will be in pretty serious problems, lets say, after 10 years. All this political correctness, multicultural shit and idiotical benefit system where every lazy-ass who comes from 3rd world country got free apartment and monthly allowance, and do nothing to raise level of economy of that particular country is so stupid.
If this all won't stop, after some years you will woke up in morning because of ''adhan'' aka ''morning call'' from nearest mosque.
Quote from Agniz :If this all won't stop, after some years you will woke up in morning because of ''adhan'' aka ''morning call'' from nearest mosque.

Are you sure that "fear" is based on reality?
Quote from Agniz :Lol, Interpid, because of people who thinks like you and are in government, most ''old Europe'' countries will be in pretty serious problems, lets say, after 10 years. All this political correctness, multicultural shit and idiotical benefit system where every lazy-ass who comes from 3rd world country got free apartment and monthly allowance, and do nothing to raise level of economy of that particular country is so stupid.
If this all won't stop, after some years you will woke up in morning because of ''adhan'' aka ''morning call'' from nearest mosque.

eh? Gypsies don't want free houses or monthly allowances. That's the complete OPPOSITE of what they want. They don't want anything other than to be left alone. if you think I am a big government type you are mistaken.
Quote from Intrepid :Good for you, you live in a house and pay your taxes... woop tee doo.. so what? You think that makes you special or a better person?

Yes, it does.

Quote :Clearly you have no clue about what the gypsy community has to deal with. Even on their own land they have forced evictions and are generally treated like a sub-class of human.

I just know that a member of your very nice "gypsy" community tried to steal one of my motorbikes. They ran quite quickly when I came out shouting with a big machete.

Quote :If you don't think pikey (and it appears p*ki as well) is racist then I really feel sorry for you. The fact you have never met or even spoken to someone for the gypsy community means I can't feel anything other than pity for your ignorance.

Please see above. I wouldn't call a Gypsy a pikey, I call chavs and people who steal things pikeys. If a Gypsy stole something they'd then be a pikey too. I can understand how some people consider Paki to be racist however in the uses I have for it it's not so I use it.

Quote from Intrepid :That's the complete OPPOSITE of what they want. They don't want anything other than to be left alone.

Nah they just want to live without paying taxes like 99% of other people. Look at that place over in Kent or wherever that's on the news lately. ILLEGAL land they are using and yet they refuse to go and have barricaded themselves in after burning most of it. How can anyone take them seriously when they don't even obey a court judgement...
Quote from Intrepid :eh? Gypsies don't want free houses or monthly allowances. That's the complete OPPOSITE of what they want. They don't want anything other than to be left alone. if you think I am a big government type you are mistaken.

Pikey, pikey, pikey, pikey, pikey. Now get out of this thread or post funny pictures. If you are offended thats your problem.
Quote from pipa :Pikey, pikey, pikey, pikey, pikey. Now get out of this thread or post funny pictures. If you are offended thats your problem.

Stop being so rude. And post a funny pic yourself.
Quote from pipa :pikey, pikey, pikey, pikey, pikey. Now get out of this thread or post funny pictures. If you are offended thats your problem.

+1
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Nah they just want to live without paying taxes like 99% of other people. Look at that place over in Kent or wherever that's on the news lately. ILLEGAL land they are using and yet they refuse to go and have barricaded themselves in after burning most of it. How can anyone take them seriously when they don't even obey a court judgement...

I don't know many people who want to pay taxes, do you? If people wanted to pay taxes they would be voluntary.

Secondly what's happening at Dale farm is people being evicted from their own land (they do own it). I happen to think planning law is a bit crazy. These people have no where to go. Their culture/heritage has been systematically outlawed. We are witnessing a form of ethnic cleansing. But they are 'pikeys' who cares, right?

The level of ignorance is incredible, and shows how the UK is still in the dark ages.

Using an anecdote about some kids trying to steal your bike is ridiculous. You wouldn't tarnish the whole black community with the same brush if they committed a similar offence, or would you?
I probably would. Stop comparing Gypsys to Black people as they are not comparable. Seriously I think you're the ignorant one. I wish I didn't have to pay taxes but realise it's a necessary thing in order to have a country to live in to begin with....
As you are so proud to live 'by the law' then you have to concede by the law pikey is a racist term - http://www.metro.co.uk/news/79 ... y-is-now-a-race-hate-word - unless you live outside the law Mr 'I live in a house and pay my taxes'?

And the treatment of blacks and the treatment of gypsies is very comparable. Unless you think slavery, hatred, racism and being treated as a sub-class of human are something gypsies and black people don't have in common.
It was in the metro so it must be true.

Quote :It's now an offence to label a traveller a 'pikey'

And if I call a chav a Pikey, it's not racist. So my point stands. Difference is with the blacks and the gypsies is that most of the black people wanted to work and have a better life, where as most of the gypsies want free living and something for nothing.
Quote from pipa :No and yes.
<picture>

looks like stereotypical german humour - the worst in Europe
This thread is closed

The inevitable picture thread III: Revenge of the funnies
(14533 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG