The online racing simulator
C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
Quote from MAGGOT :
Plus.. Cadwell? Yum! That's worth it right there.

My dad works at Cadwell, so I'll pump him for rumour confirmations. Are they planning to laser-scan their tracks?
More AI footage.

looks like the ai cars run on completely differen physics than the players car
This looks promising, but I'm still not entirely sure about the business model.
Quote from Crashgate3 :My dad works at Cadwell, so I'll pump him for rumour confirmations. Are they planning to laser-scan their tracks?

There's a news release stating they are, along with Oulton, Brands and I think the fourth is Castle Coomb
how do i save/play replays? I am only just seeing stuff in the "daily code changes" about a replay GUI
If I start with the 10Euro option can I upgrade to the 25Euro option later?
Quote from MAGGOT :If I start with the 10Euro option can I upgrade to the 25Euro option later?

Yes, for 15 Euro. Similar to LFS upgrade system.
I'm facepalming at people whining they'll quit if laser scanned tracks aren't added. Then whining that Circuit Gilles Villeneuve won't let anyone laser scan them.
Its looks like a very nice good looking arcade game. Not really a sim.
a Kind of need for speed. Just for the kids.
Quote from Tim NL :Its looks like a very nice good looking arcade game. Not really a sim.

Incorrect. Try again.
Quote from The Moose :Incorrect. Try again.

What's your opinion of it Stu? Considering it's such an early build it's not too bad in my opinion, has potential atleast, well I think so anyway..
Is it possible to use mouse steering in the same way LFS does it?
I've got a good feeling about it!

...so I signed up for 25€ right away!

downloading...
I signed up for the Junior account on Sunday and gave it a real quick go (as did my girlfriend.. in the 68 Lotus... messy :P). I haven't had the chance to even think about touching any settings to get the steering to feel better, but something about it just clicks with me. Despite the car diving to the side when I so much as look at the wheel (like I said, I'll work on getting the settings just right) something about it feels fairly good for what it is. I have a lot of optimism for this title, so much so that after a few more builds I might go in with the 100Euro option.

The only thing that I don't get, right now, is why is the 68 Lotus so easy to drive? With the whacked out steering settings I could barely get a clean lap in the Radical, but the Lotus seemed almost easy :P
Do I need to be a Team Member to get my money back when the game is released or I can still do with Junior?
juniors do too if the game "sells" enough
Quote from Gabkicks :juniors do too if the game "sells" enough

I thought the game will be free?!
Quote from PoVo :I thought the game will be free?!

The initial content, but not the aditional
Free to those that have already paid for its development.
Quote from DejaVu :Free to those that have already paid for its development.

It actually says the base content is free to all. Sounds conflicting.
That was exactly my question last week. It'll be interesting to know more about this in the future.
Quote from PMD9409 :It actually says the base content is free to all. Sounds conflicting.

Essentially they haven't released anything publicly, so there's no 'base content' to download for free yet. But if you have paid, you get to test and have a (albeit small if you've only paid 10 euros) say in the development of the alpha builds.

Once it goes gold they'll release the 'base pack' for free download.
Downloading..

C.a.r.s.
(968 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG