The online racing simulator
i agree it looks fantastic
Looking at these, if Eric and Scawen could use some of the like RBR or the XRR topless I saw earlier, S2 would be more better. The only let down to me, is lack of a LX8 but having some of these like topless XRR would make up for that.
Wonderful L(Oo)ney
dawesdust_12:

I've allready send an E-Mail to Vicotr about the RB4 GTR and the RA GTR (made by Orion) but this was his answer:

Quote from Victor, 25th April 2005 :Hi,

We don't know yet what exactly to do with the RB4 in the future. The one you have will remain of course, but an rb4 gtr or so - we don't know yet, we'll see. You know, the fxo gtr is a 4wd as well.
Maybe we'll do something with the rb4 for the rally pack, but again, we don't know At the moment we're just thinking about S2. When that's out we'll think ahead again.

Greets and I'm glad you're enjoying yourself with LFS

Victor van Vlaardingen

But I'm still hoping they will make a GTR version for this lovely car :heartbeat

Edit: I'm waiting for the S2's modification for the RB4 to make a second version with lot of more details !
Attached images
RB4 GTR_10.jpg
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Might aswell post these here...

Thanks to Orion for sharing his awesome RA_GTR, which is where the roof/spoiler came from.

His model seems to be missing a few textures though, so i used the standard RA model, and did a few edits and added his roof/windows..

Anyone else think the RA with a roof/color coded light surround, looks much better? - More agressive looking i think.

http://www.dpostill.karoo.net/Render's/Ra_GTR.jpg
http://www.dpostill.karoo.net/Render's/hi_cop.jpg

Looking very nice, even though I liked my rear much more

Just wondering what kind of texture problems you had

A render of my maybe finished OutRun skin.
bit plain; to make a skin great.. basically you want to incorporate everything into it as a design

plenty of cars have logos.. but that is very little

for example; take a race car.. it has logos; but it also has a design that makes the logos "fit" the design of the car.. if you know what i mean
Quote from XCNuse :bit plain; to make a skin great.. basically you want to incorporate everything into it as a design

for example; take a race car.. it has logos; but it also has a design that makes the logos "fit" the design of the car.. if you know what i mean

why do you criticise everything and everyone?

Just ignore him, the render is great.
who said criticism is BAD???

i said the skin could look better i never said it looked bad? and i never said the render looked bad?? the render is just one of ians ready-to-renders .. i have no point in saying something bad about the render cause alot of people just use them to show off skin and thats what hes doing
Just a quickie - Another test of a max script i found.

BIGRenders Rock!

love the seats (but a bit to bright if you were trying to match the interior ) also.. dont know if its just that angle or what; they seem a bit thin?

just one suggestion.. i dont know if your using brazil or what type of renderer.. if your using light tracer, (this might go for all actually) if you increase ray bias ,that will get rid of some of your shadow artifacting under the car (why it looks so blotchy)
Quote from XCNuse :love the seats (but a bit to bright if you were trying to match the interior ) also.. dont know if its just that angle or what; they seem a bit thin?

just one suggestion.. i dont know if your using brazil or what type of renderer.. if your using light tracer, (this might go for all actually) if you increase ray bias ,that will get rid of some of your shadow artifacting under the car (why it looks so blotchy)

Yeah theres a few bugs, the seats were made thin, so i cant really change those i dont think.

The seats are actually going through the bottom of the floor (black bits) but i didnt notice till the render finished and couldnt be bothered waiting for another render to finish so i left em.

And yeah, im using Brazil rio with the BIGRender max script - Will have a fiddle with the ray bias and see if i can sort the shadows out.
lol i see that; overall they are nice looking (they do have a good potential)

anyways.. finally have a day off with not much homework .. YES.. (kinda funny today actually; got accused by my spanish teacher of cheating [stealing off internet] a menu, because we had to make a menu for class today; and she said it was "to real" looking.. wow lol)

anyways.. after 1 hour, and 11 minutes...

this is what im up with with a new project.. kinda gave up on the Si; either gonna have to restart or something.. screwed myself up halfway through with the blueprints :S
Attached images
WR1.jpg
Quote from XCNuse :bit plain; to make a skin great.. basically you want to incorporate everything into it as a design

I agree. That's what I ment with maybe finished. I'm just not 100% sure of what to add. I don't want any random logos, as I wanted to make everything OutRun related.

And yes; Both the render and skin is very simple, as I am pretty fresh with both skinmaking and rendering.

Criticisme is always welcome. If you tell a lousy driver that he is doing great, you're not exactly helping him.
here is a render of my ufr.. obviously edited :P
Attached images
drg3.jpg
drg7.jpg
drg5.jpg
drg6.jpg
Quote from Madman_CZ :here is a render of my ufr.. obviously edited :P

A flamer, COOL
My latest render - Scene is still WIP...

Click image for fullsize...
Quote from L(Oo)ney :My latest render - Scene is still WIP...

Very beautiful Looney! As the page loaded, I saw the image appear but my browser scrolled up to see the last unread post in this thread... I thought I saw a mirage when this popped up. Looks great
Thanks tweak.

Theres still loads of problems with it, which is why its still WIP.

Maybe they're not that noticeable to someone who hasnt been staring at it for 4+ hours though, hehe.

I like it so far, just needs more adding to it i think.. :scratch:
looks lovely, although im not to sure about that bluring up top (is that photoshop work or what?)

also you know.. if you want to render faster scenes, turn AAing off

ahh one last thing i didnt notice.. wheres the driver
Quote from XCNuse :looks lovely, although im not to sure about that bluring up top (is that photoshop work or what?)

also you know.. if you want to render faster scenes, turn AAing off

ahh one last thing i didnt notice.. wheres the driver

Knew someone would bring the lens blur up. Hehe, yeah, its photoshopped.

But it looks crap with no AA. I usually just do smaller renders for testing..

I have no driver model. The LFS driver .cmx isnt available, and i cant model much at all.
some renders of my latest XFR skin

And my Alitalia skin:
one car has 3 mirrors
in the seconds pic it's also visible a bit
Like the Alitalia XFR, very nice! :up:

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG