The online racing simulator
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
Quote from Greboth :Something to polish the graphics that bit more, higher poly counts, higher res textures etc.

It's impossible to polish a turd.
Quote from E.Reiljans :It's impossible to polish a turd.

I don't know, I have never tried too so I am unable to comment. It is always nice to know someone has tried something different to myself though and while I occasionally repeat other peoples mistakes I am open for any tips you can give me.

This page was going so well too with a nice discussion on positive and negative aspects of cod but there is always one, oh well.

@John5200: Some good points there, I suppose the flipside of the coin is if you were running a game company and you could get away with changing a little bit but knowing it would sell millions and millions of copies, would you? There will always be the line of change too much alienate the fans, change too little and the fans stagnate and leave. This line could be drawn a different way for everyone as I suspect it would be so where, as a producer, do you draw it. I know two things I wish for is an updated graphics (either an entirely new engine or the next evolution of the current one) and some more destructive scenery, not necessarily to the levels on bf but enough to be to take down a camper through a wall.

Edit: I have seen 4 chans comments on the lack of dinosaurs in cod but I didnt know about thr one in the bf video. Seems a random thing to put in there unless they were referancing 4chan, good to see them having a laugh about things. Im off to find the video.
Quote from Greboth :
Edit: I have seen 4 chans comments on the lack of dinosaurs in cod but I didnt know about thr one in the bf video. Seems a random thing to put in there unless they were referancing 4chan, good to see them having a laugh about things. Im off to find the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... e=player_detailpage#t=15s

There you go.

Comparing FIFA to CoD is a bit meh. FIFA is actually trying to produce a realistic platform. Completely different views on things.

Quote :I suppose the flipside of the coin is if you were running a game company and you could get away with changing a little bit but knowing it would sell millions and millions of copies, would you?

Of course. Passion should drive the developers to continue the game in a proper fashion.
COD: Modern Warfare 3 - Menu Released
Source: Youtube // By: A___A // 22/09/2011

During the Call Of Duty XP event which is currently being held in LA. I saw something on the livestream which was the new-look Modern Warfare 3 Menu and I started doing some research on this and came across this video below. It shows a range of things such as the whole new menu along with perks, guns, camouflages, death streaks, killstreaks and much more!

Video found here!

space

After watching the video you're probably thinking just as I am, well..what's changed? I mean even the gun camouflages are the same & there's probably only some minor things that's been added. Overall I'm thinking this is just another MW2. What's your guys thoughts on this? do you think they've basically kept everything the same? sure seems like it so far..
the only thing i really like about COD over BF is that in COD, when you're good, you KNOW the map, it never changes and you can predict another player will be around this wall or behind that cover which makes for a much faster pace. I don't like that so many people in BF just sit in cover and snipe because they got sick of walking around aimlessly and getting shot by...snipers. That being said I'm buying battlefield because I'm done with the way activision treats its customers. I'm buying it equally for the multiplayer mode and single-player, which looks awesome.
Funny you say that, I find CoD players to camp more, especially when they are losing. Nothing like silly cameras to watch their backs, or cars to drive around the map and kill someone while they sit in a corner.

By the way, really? Comparing something easy to remember to how good you are? Remember good spots in BF3 then. Quite humorous.
MW3 Allows Post-Release Updates Without Patches
Source: gamerzines // By: A___A // 23/09/2011

Quote :One of the big things we've changed is the ability to alter the game post-launch. That doesn't sound like a cool feature, it sounds simple - it's like 'why can't you just release patches?' Well, games don't work that way - you can patch some things, but for others, it's a significant deal, patching is not broad enough to do everything in the game," said Rubin speaking to The Guardian. Security was a big problem in previous games," continued Rubin, "so we've done a whole lot on that to create what we hope is a much more secure game. Part of that is learning from Treyarch's work on Black Ops and being pro-active and aggressive on banning, watching the leader boards, looking for cheaters. So one behind-the-scenes feature allows us to update files, sometimes without even doing a full patch - we can just tweak things like weapon balance, which we could never do before. In the past, we'd put out a game and realise, 'hmm, that's weapon's really over-powered' but there was nothing we could do about it.

The developers of Modern Warfare 3, Infinity Ward & Sledgehammer Games that is. Have implanted a system that manually allows them to update and tweak the game with updates that doesn't require user(s) to download any patches. Let's take Modern Warfare 2 for example (COD6), I think we can all agree the gun named UMP-45 was the most overpowered gun in the game. They weren't able to tweak the gun power on that gun nor any others that they urged to without having send out a new game release. With this new implantation Modern Warfare 3 developers are able to do just that. Among a variety of other things.

Seems like they're doing whatever possible to make consumers happy. Do you think this is for the better? I mean obviously it is due to the fact they're able to tweak weapon power whenever they want and release update's, fix bugs, glitches and alot more without consumers having to download a patch.
Never thought downloading a patch was that complicated. Maybe now they will just use the patch system to patch their game each year, instead of trying to make us pay for a new one.
Quote from PMD9409 :Never thought downloading a patch was that complicated. Maybe now they will just use the patch system to patch their game each year, instead of trying to make us pay for a new one.

this is blizzard. In a couple of years customers will be forced to pay a monthly fee for every map, weapon, customisation.
ALready started a similar thing with this elite thing. If you don't pay for it, you'll end up buying the extra stuff seperately as it is released anyway, then end up paying 2x as much.

I'm not bothering with this. Looks far to similar to MW/MW2/Black Ops. BF3 + CS:Go for the next year or two for me.
No replies in 2 months? Strange, especially as it was released yesterday. Bought it today but was with a friend so we just had a bash on the Spec Ops Survival mode, we both really liked it. First new thing we've seen and we loved it. Just need to sit down and get on with the campaign.
Why did you post? Obviously none cares...
It's <manure>, played 5 mins at my mates and didn't want to go back on.

I played mw2 last night for half an hour, felt like i was playing it again on a different map. Its the same god damn game, looks identical!!!!!!!!
Quote from aoun :Just like GT series, just like LFS.. just like everything else. i just find it funny how people go on about it. I do a lot more enjoying thn crying!

Perhaps I tend to have less knowledge about gaming and don't understand what a good game is. When I see a game, ill buy it and play game and get over it. It's just a game, or am I missing something here? I suppose as long as the gameplay (controlling a character/car is alright, and there's something to achieve, then its playable

Exactly. I love LFS, but at the end of the day... it's just a game. If a new one (S3 for example) was comming out at midnight tonight I'd wait to see what everybody says about it before I buy it even though i know it's going to be pretty good. Wouldn't really get that excited about it either. Wouldn't even say a word about it to anybody probably in the honest truth. That's just how I feel.

I didn't buy this year's NASCAR game because I didn't see anything particularly better about it than the EA sports series for example.
-
(E.Reiljans) DELETED by E.Reiljans
did they balance the perks and eliminate the wrathful god kill streaks or is that the same too?
According to my brother the perks are balanced but the killstreaks are more ridiculous.
Oddly enough its the first, COD i actually bought....dont hate i have BF3 aswell so dee dubs lads.
But its enjoyable i love to hate it xD
I love this game!
*Throws BF3 in de closet*
one of the best games I've played, although the killstreak rewards are a bit odd. still not going to buy BF3 ever, this one beats it by far
lol at the comments, it's like your minds get erased every year, you are getting the same stupid game every year ffs, with that same Bankghotic font they use every single time, it's quite ridicolous, but kudos to them, the system obviously works.
Quote from Boris Lozac :lol at the comments, it's like your minds get erased every year, you are getting the same stupid game every year ffs, with that same Bankghotic font they use every single time, it's quite ridicolous, but kudos to them, the system obviously works.

and? maybe thats what i like. everyone knows if they changed the game dramicily then theres a good chance it will fail.
Quote from Franky.S :and? maybe thats what i like. everyone knows if they changed the game dramicily then theres a good chance it will fail.

So you're happy paying £50 for a few new maps?
I got it at 1am as a slightly later than midnight release. haven't played it full stop but slowly getting through the campaign and loving it so far.
Quote from Franky.S :everyone knows if they changed the game dramicily then theres a good chance it will fail.

I beg to differ...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG