The online racing simulator
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
The sequel to everyone's (least) favorite game is coming.

On November 8, 2011, Modern Warfare 3 will complete one of the most (un)popular trilogies of all time. Confirmed to be a direct sequel to the game we all know and love, Modern Warfare 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is rumored to include larger maps, new weapons, new vehicles, and truly destructable environments. Infinity Ward is aware that Battlefield 3 is promising to be a truly worthy adversary and may be trying to counter what could be a huge change in market shares.

Reveal Trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

IMO, however, they are going to stick to the same old Call of Duty formula (new guns, new maps, an even more ridiculous story and absolutely nothing innovative). Maybe, just maybe, they will sober up and put an end to the what has been a pattern of increasingly awful games. I am positive, however, that this may be the most ridiculous of all the Call of Duty campaigns to date. Just read the following links to see for yourself!

Some reading for those of you who are interested (Contains spoilers):
http://kotaku.com/5801345/wher ... l-die-in-modern-warfare-3
http://kotaku.com/5801226/the- ... -the-biggest-game-of-2011
-
(Boris Lozac) DELETED by Boris Lozac
Quote :Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is rumored to include larger maps, new weapons, new vehicles, and truly destructable environments. Infinity Ward is aware that Battlefield 3 is promising to be a truly worthy adversary and may be trying to counter what could be a huge change in market shares.

Sounds like it's grabbing some bits from the battlefield series, who would have thought...

It will still most likely include perks, killstreaks, etc, so I won't support them. Sadly people complain about it and then still buy it, and the developers (more like modders lol) think of it as "revenue for the next game that will be the exact same". If people wasn't stupid enough to buy it, they wouldn't release this trash to the public.
I have the exact same feeling. I have bought all the previous games in the series (since COD4) the day of release, but I doubt I'm going to buy this one. Unless they manage to fix all the multiplayer issues, it doesn't seem worth it. While there are't a lot of problems that need tough fixes, I think Infinity Ward will do nothing or just make things worse. For example, killstreak rewards are much more bearable if they don't contribute to killstreaks and lead to more rewards, but I highly doubt Infinity Ward will change their killstreak system. Perks, deathstreaks and diverse secondary weapon selections are all the same, but IW see these all as 'staples' of their games. Rather tragically, the 'staples' of the game are also responsible for many of it's problems. I don't think it helps that IW tries to cater to all styles of play, including noobtubing, knife monkeying, etc., but of course they have to make it 'even.' They really have gotten comfortable with their sales numbers and I hope Battlefield 3 kicks their ass.
Obviously MW3 will sell more than BF3. The customers just won't be as happy.
The whole CoD are Crap, they are all the same crap, the only good about CoD is the visual, the rest is the same, shoot shoot kill kill shoot shoot "Bloody screen splater" Cover "Mutant power Activated" ( SUPER HUMAN REGENERATION ) All healed, shoot shoot shoot end of lvl
#7 - Uke
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Obviously MW3 will sell more than BF3. The customers just won't be as happy.

This.

I promise I will not buy MW3 no matter how nice it looks. Still going to be dissapointed :<
#8 - aoun
Well i plan on buying it and I plan on enjoying it. so much hate for a game i just dont understand it. You go online, shoot people and bring home some flags. Sounds good to me..
Quote from aoun :Well i plan on buying it and I plan on enjoying it. so much hate for a game i just dont understand it. You go online, shoot people and bring home some flags. Sounds good to me..

Yeah, every year same shit. People go crazy about it like it's been 5 years since the last COD..
#10 - aoun
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah, every year same shit.

Just like GT series, just like LFS.. just like everything else. i just find it funny how people go on about it. I do a lot more enjoying thn crying!

Perhaps I tend to have less knowledge about gaming and don't understand what a good game is. When I see a game, ill buy it and play game and get over it. It's just a game, or am I missing something here? I suppose as long as the gameplay (controlling a character/car is alright, and there's something to achieve, then its playable
Quote from aoun :Just like GT series, just like LFS.. just like everything else.

I didn't know lfs and gt5 have new versions every year..
Looks like MW2 thats all im saying.
Dont like it. Dont play it.

I dont get the point of people coming online and complain about a game that they dont like. No one is forcing you to buy the game. *shrug*
Quote from Uke :This.

I promise I will not buy MW3 no matter how nice it looks. Still going to be dissapointed :<

It doesn't look nice at all...
ModernWarfare 1, MW2, MW3, World At War and Black Ops all looks the same to me, all these years and it looks the excact same. Only guns and maps are changed. Boring.
#16 - JJ72
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :Dont like it. Dont play it.

I dont get the point of people coming online and complain about a game that they dont like. No one is forcing you to buy the game. *shrug*

Cos it's easy to bash on the FPS crowd of killing innovative narration and game design by buying the same thing over and over......
Quote from aoun :Well i plan on buying it and I plan on enjoying it. so much hate for a game i just dont understand it. You go online, shoot people and bring home some flags. Sounds good to me..

Same here. Deffinatly pre-ordering it when available. Going to be epic.

And Rappa Z: I'm not a Cod fanboy ( i have BC2) but in future, just to save your credibility, how about you do an un-bias report with un-bias information rather than having childish comments plastered through it.
Oh look, another CoD game. Havent seen one of those in a whi- oh wait...
#19 - CSU1
Quote from aroX123 :ModernWarfare 1, MW2, MW3, World At War and Black Ops all looks the same to me, all these years and it looks the excact same. Only guns and maps are changed. Boring.

COD is for men, all the rest are for little girls
#20 - JJ72
Quote from CSU1 :COD is for men, all the rest are for little girls

Pffff...even playing Nerf guns are more hardcore than you sitting on a couch pressing buttons.
Quote from Franky.S :I'm not a Cod fanboy ( i have BC2) but in future, just to save your credibility, how about you do an un-bias report with un-bias information rather than having childish comments plastered through it.

I know but I can't help it. I used to absolutely love the Call of Duty series but now I find it unplayable. Hell, I even pre-ordered the Prestige Edition of MW2 and went to the midnight release to pick it up. Now, I have had enough with what seems to be a series that has only gone backwards. Sure the core of the game is fun and pretty much unchanged , which may not be a bad thing, but the gimmicks really spoil the game. It's as simple as things like the amount of points you get for kills. In COD4, a little gold/yellow +5 popped up on your screen. By the time Black Ops rolled around, it is +50 written in blood splattered letters that take up half your screen. It's little things like that (among all the big problems) which have really spoiled the game for me.

Although, I think I might have just outgrown the intended market of Call of Duty. Sure it's labeled +17, but I think the game is now intended so that a 10 or 11 year old can pick it up, be good, and enjoy the game. After all, with parents not caring about the game ratings nearly as much as they should, the pre-teen age group has become a huge part of Call of Duty's sales (and a very desirable share).
Quote from jj72 :pffff...even playing nerf guns are more hardcore than you sitting on a couch pressing buttons.

**** yeah nerf guns woo!!!!!!
#23 - aoun
Quote from JJ72 :Pffff...even playing Nerf guns are more hardcore than you sitting on a couch pressing buttons.

Haha +1

Nerf guns are the best!
#24 - Uke
Quote from Bose321 :It doesn't look nice at all...

Cod black ops looked nice, I bought it for the PC and...
.....you realised you should of bought BC2 instead.

(189 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG