The online racing simulator
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
I love bf series on pc but bc2 was shit imo, I loved cod until black ops, here's hoping I can enjoy both new arrivals I love bf for its teamplay and thought process required, and I love cod for gorgeous visuals and 20 mins of finger mashing mayhem
#27 - Uke
Quote from anttt69 :.....you realised you should of bought BC2 instead.

I had bought bc2 before.

This time im going for Bf3 instead of MW3
i've bought once BC2 and won't do the same mistake ever again to buy battlefield. The MW3 looks very good and im going to buy it as soon as possible. and for me CoD is the only shooting game what i like to play. With bfs i get bored, A LOT
I never got bored with BC2. It's a much more better feeling of accomplishment to stalk a player with a sniper rifle and waiting to line up the shot and perfect moment rather than running around with a L96 and spinning like a madman and yelling into your mic "Yo momma bitch". Although it's fun, it just makes people rage quit the servers. In BC2, your victim is just more inclined to go look for you and get vengeance.
Every one could just buy both Battle field:What ever and Mw3 rather than getting in to deep discussions in which are better. And for the people that hate call of duty games.. I think its more the people that play it rather that the game its self that you hate. There are tons of first person shooters out there, Its strange how people go against the best seller.

I will be buying Mw3
Quote from jason0075 :Every one could just buy both Battle field:What ever and Mw3

Too bad MW3 will cost as much as 4 GB of RAM or a 1 TB HDD. If not more.
#32 - CSU1
Quote from JJ72 :Pffff...even playing Nerf guns are more hardcore than you sitting on a couch pressing buttons.

Okey dokely, before anyone sayes that word...you know the one that starts with a H, ends in ERS and has a ACK in it, I just want to point out that this has given me hours upon hours of enjoyment. Especially the fact that I don't ever recall a crash or stutter or hiccup from the game - it floats my boat.

Stick to the servers you know that don't contain the aforementioned word ^^

This is quiet evening on the servers LoL.

FTR - I still stand by my comment, all other titles are for lil' girls =)
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
Quote from CSU1 :

FTR - I still stand by my comment, all other titles are for lil' girls =)

#34 - CSU1
Quote from jason0075 :I think its more the people that play it rather that the game its self that you hate.

Yes but Infinity Ward arguably enables it with their multiplayer model. Ideally, they would listen to the community, but they rarely do. Only times I can remember anything being done was when they nerfed the Model 1887s. Sure they also fixed glitched lobbies and the Javelin glitch, but those things should never have existed in the first place. For some reason, they've never done anything about the chaos created by One Man Army (which can often be worse than the Models were) or the overpowered kill streaks. This goes back to the idea that IW believes these aspects of the game are part of Call of Duty's identity and therefore they won't change them.

On a side note, how hard would it be to nerf noobtubing? Hell, if they just made it so you lost your first perk when a grenade launcher is equipped the problem would be solved. For some reason though, this is impossible. Maybe it's because they'll actually have to write some new code.:X

There are two things that i really hate about Call of Duty:
1) The people who play the game (I agree they are a huge part of the problem)
2) The attitude of the developers that has really taken away from the game's quality.
#36 - CSU1
WTF is wrong with GL???

Nothing do I like more than sitting / waiting in teh bushes with my GL
Nothing until you get those guys who lay at the end of hallways with a bag full of 40mm grenades for the whole game.

It's OK in moderate amounts (I thought it was fine in COD4), but its gotten to be so that 4-5 people on each team are only using grenade launchers every game. Then you get the hackers with the automatic no-reload tubes...
Unless MW3 has a new engine it'll be the same annoying crap as in MW1+2+Black ops.

A half decent story with a few nice details but ruined by the AI and general feel.
#39 - CSU1
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Unless MW3 has a new engine it'll be the same annoying crap as in MW1+2+Black ops.

A half decent story with a few nice details but ruined by the AI and general feel.

^^ do many people actually play the storyline???

I've never went near SP in any FPS, I just head straight for the servers.

Would be interesting to have them only release and work on MP only titles - would probably a lot lighter on the pocket too
#40 - Uke
Quote from CSU1 :WTF is wrong with GL???

Nothing do I like more than sitting / waiting in teh bushes with my GL

Fun for you, not fun for the others. There needs to be a way to counter any weapon in the game, sadly in cod, there is no way to counter some stuff, like op killstrea rewards, or noobtubers.
It'll suck.
Found a lovely video of containing leaked screen shots of weapons, maps, and characters (still no customization by the looks of it) (some spoilers):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHvbwwZEydc

99% sure that it is real because it contains the same M4 model as in the reveal trailer. Also, no matter who you are, you have to admit that the quality of the gun models and textures are absolutely staggering.

Most interesting of all, screen shots of the new multiplayer maps are in different lighting. Hopefully this means the new maps have varying times of day. That could be very interesting if implemented well.

edit: On a side note, the new World Trade Center is in the background of the New York skyline during the reveal trailer.
I used to bitch about killstreaks too until I discovered barebones mode. Its like discovering a new (better) game. Honestly if you've never tried playing with no perks or attachments I highly recommend it.
A little theory of mine.

Supposedly now what people are saying is that the game is a prequel and will feature Ghost. At this point most will flame and bash that idiot and yell at him that he died in MW2.

True. But if you notice during the "England" reveal section of the reveal trailer, there's police cars in the streets. During any such mass invasion, police would indefinitely be forced to retreat and focus on evacuating civilians and such so that the Armed forces could properly focus all attention on the enemy. It would make perfect sense that these England missions take place pre MW2, although whomever they were looking for or what they were looking for remains a mystery as in MW2 the entire game apparently took place over little over a week if not less, leaving the characters such as ghost no time to do other missions.

As for something else for thought. I can't find the source or quote, but apparently it's already been confirmed that quickscoping is back, but thats obvious. All 4 of the sniper rifles that have been confirmed are semi-auto so far and hopefully aren't the only ones.
Infinity Ward confirmed that they put the prequel Ghost spin-off on hold to continue on MW2's story. We can be almost positive he will not being returning.

As for the England thing, the spoiler filled articles in the original post explain exactly what happens but I don't want to post it and give it away.
I used to bitch about killstreaks too until I discovered barebones mode. Its like discovering a new (better) game. Honestly if you've never tried playing with no perks or attachments I highly recommend it.
Quote from flymike91 :I used to bitch about killstreaks too until I discovered barebones mode. Its like discovering a new (better) game. Honestly if you've never tried playing with no perks or attachments I highly recommend it.

Deja vu?
That was the longest pause between double posts in forum history.
He was just showing us how P2P servers introduce epic lag and silly gameplay.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Unless MW3 has a new engine it'll be the same annoying crap as in MW1+2+Black ops.

Yet you play Battlefield.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
(189 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG