The online racing simulator
#151 - CSF
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Hey, give the guy a break... First of all, that gesture occured right after he exited his car, no one knew what would the officials decide at that point. Remember, the race was still officially under yellow, he only got 5th back once: a) the officials stopped the race, b) decided to call it a day, and c) deemed the last restart void and called the results from the order prior to it.

Second, his pace wasn't that rubbish... He was one of the 7 drivers who stayed on the lead lap until the end. The penultimate restart was quite impressive too, going from 7th to 4th with heavier fuel load.

Third, the guy has had his fair amount of bad luck this season, getting taken out at several occasions while having a top 5 car, no wonder why he's starting to have enough.

Fourth, what kind of reaction do you expect from someone trying to win the champ and getting taken out at a few laps to go while being 5th? Exit the car in a calm fashion and cheerfully answer to interviews? Is giving the few kiddies watching something new to show at school such an unforgiving crime? And if it is, then is it really necessary to show on TV a close focus on the guy walking down the pits?

1. Granted. :P

2. His pace was bad, before he got lucky with the first rain yellow he was going a lap down in 16th or so. It saved him.

3. Granted again, but sometimes you make your own luck. It's a potentially fair assessment to qualify that Powers issues sometimes are caused by a lack of support from the other Penske drivers, one who's on his way down and again fighting the IRS and one who simply isn't a top line driver.

4. Yes but he knows he's going to be watched... going nuts doesn't do his cause any good what so ever.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :
Danica was and on the lead lap in 6th when this occured.

TV results showed her a lap down when I typed that. And the next driver 2 laps down.
Quote from CSF :Thankfully not. Thats another one from yesterday, just how did TK think he had no involvement in the cause of that crash?

That was 100% darios fault IMO.

No offence but your comments are making you look like a butthurt Scotsman.
#154 - CSF
.... TK = Tony Kannan = crash that led to him rolling = you look like a moronic Australian.
Quote from Mustafur :That was 100% darios fault IMO.

Wrong crash

But I agree... I'd say it was at least 66% Dario's fault.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :Wrong crash

But I agree... I'd say it was at least 66% Dario's fault.

Yeah such a strange crash that one.

Both drivers where to close to each other, and Sato admited that he had something in his eye (what a time!!) and from the head on view it looks as if Dario turned in slightly on Sato...no driver was totally at fault but nor where they totally faultless at the same time.

Strange race with stranger calls from the officials.
If power wasn't such a nub and knew how to keep a car in a straight line going backwards he woulda been fine
Quote from Seb66 :If power wasn't such a nub and knew how to keep a car in a straight line going backwards he woulda been fine

Even in a sim, driver a car in reverse with oval cambers and then slam on the brakes. Not as easy as normal.
Quote from PMD9409 :Even in a sim, driver a car in reverse with oval cambers and then slam on the brakes. Not as easy as normal.

Very true... it makes him look dumb though
Why is Simona de Silvestro not allowed to get back into the US again? She was sent back to Switzerland by US border officials Simon Pagenaud gets her seat for today/the Grand Prix of Sonoma.
Quote from TFalke55 :Why is Simona de Silvestro not allowed to get back into the US again? She was sent back to Switzerland by US border officials Simon Pagenaud gets her seat for today/the Grand Prix of Sonoma.

Quote from TFalke55 :Why is Simona de Silvestro not allowed to get back into the US again? She was sent back to Switzerland by US border officials Simon Pagenaud gets her seat for today/the Grand Prix of Sonoma.

...and I thought that the story with Hispania's parts stuck in customs was ridiculous.
The **** US government?
Fairy tale of the week-end: Pantano getting 6th on track and best of the rest after a 3 years period of purgatory Shame for the after race penalty though.
Not allowing to block throughout the race, sure, I can let that slide, but not even on the last lap or even the last corner? GTFO!!!!!
Indy, Please get rid of the stupid Champcar rules already!!

K thx
Get rid of SOME of them, sure. Like the blocking one.
And reinstate others, like the standing start!
Double file restarts, rolling starts for road course, the no blocking rule and Brian barnhart need to be gone for Indy to improve properly.
Did any of you guys see some of the onboards?

Ghe current chassis there using hates sonoma with a passion, even on full lock they could barely do the corners.
The double file restarts are fine by me.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :The double file restarts are fine by me.

Half the time it's pointless (see toronto, the othe half it allows Indy to endorse there retarded blocking rule. Also double file restarts don't exactly work at tracks like long beach
Simona is back! The border official actually refused to let her in again, as she frequently left and came back into the US. He could not unterstand for what reason she would do that. Swiss roumor says that especially those two travels to Canada and the high rate of exiting the US rang those alarm bells of the border official and so he used some Patriot Act stuff^^ Moreover he did not know IndyCar at all, so he could not understand that the now 23-year old Swiss is a racedriver.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG