The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from logitekg25 :you can drive alone in your town with your permit?

thats brilliant. i would rather that then my mom needing to be with me regardless where im going.

No, he drives illegally
Me racing at manfield

1992 Toyota Levin. Cost me NZD $2100, equivalent of 1073 pounds

Cheap racing
thats brilliant. i would rather that then my mom needing to be with me regardless where im going.

He probably lives in small countryside town, where one cop car exists on whole county, so thats no problem.
Quote from Agniz :He probably lives in small countryside town, where one cop car exists on whole county, so thats no problem.

...and he already knows the cop anyway
a little more sense, but still would rather be able to drive alone in my town where everybody knows you, and anything you do can be traced back to you.
I need to get a picture of my right hand and arm... I feel like Eiffel 65.

i'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

Yeah, especially with a car which has more holes than healthy metal, broken exhaust pipe and lacks front fenders. Too bad appearance like this attracts too much attention, so i mostly drive at night, because it's more difficult to spot all the disadvantages. Hopefully I'll go to hunt some parts and start doing bodywork this week.

I'm not even able to drive with my parents legally, because i've not yet passed theory exam (going to to that soon), but my parents allow me to drive on less used roads.

And no, my town has more than one cop car. It has about 10 Skoda Octavias, 10 Mitsubishi L200s, 2 unmarked black Pajero Sports (like FBI lol) and one unmarked black Passat. I do know some cops, but not all, and after a gym was built in police station, it became much more difficult to argue with them, because all the policemen in Ukmergė looks like this:

And they don't understand jokes at all. But i'm not driving like idiot, and i obey all the traffic rules, so they don't pull me over (well they didn't until now at least, when i used my parents car )
Added aerocatch hoodpins, refitted dashboard, fitted water temp gauge. The rest of the holes in the dash will be filled up. Tomorrow we'll be cleaning up the interior and start welding all the holes

That's one awesome drift machine! Can't wait to see it in action (don't you wreck it! )
Nice cockpit
Aaw, that's not so nice!

Why didn't you build this thing the logical way? The cage now makes the inside almost inaccessible for someone who wants to weld something, the pipe insulation around it could catch fire while welding the holes.

Why did you use the standard dials and surrounding if you have to smear 20 kilos of putty around it to make it look at least half decent? A simple aluminium sheet folded a few times would have been cheaper, easier to fix and looked better.

I would have cleaned, welded and fixed all the stuff, painted (inside and out), then I'd have placed all the stuff in the car.

But hey, just being constructive in criticism, the car has to fit you, not me!

greetz

der butz
Quote from der butz :Aaw, that's not so nice!

Why didn't you build this thing the logical way? The cage now makes the inside almost inaccessible for someone who wants to weld something, the pipe insulation around it could catch fire while welding the holes.

Why did you use the standard dials and surrounding if you have to smear 20 kilos of putty around it to make it look at least half decent? A simple aluminium sheet folded a few times would have been cheaper, easier to fix and looked better.

I would have cleaned, welded and fixed all the stuff, painted (inside and out), then I'd have placed all the stuff in the car.

But hey, just being constructive in criticism, the car has to fit you, not me!

greetz

der butz

Thank you for the comment
It is true that it has been a little bit unlogical.. But the car was bought as trackready, however later it seemed that the people did a terrible job at it. Covering every hole etc.. instead of welding it. The cage came out as soon as possible and was replaced by a decent one. I was still driving on the track so I couldn't go without a cage. It's OK to work on with the cage, just a little trickier then without one . The cagepadding is not just some isolation tube. It's fire resistant rollcage padding, not really cheap. And I can just remove it so it won't catch fire

I'm keeping my standard dials because it's easy to check everything, and I don't see what the putty has to do with that . There are comming 3-4 gauges extra for oil temp/pressure and some other stuff.

Well as said, while building the car I was driving it, so that's why everything is a bit mixxed up

Still appriciate the critism!

Greets,
Kevin
Ah, righty, rolling restaurations are always a pain in the buttocks job!

I'm really interested how you get along, keep posting pics! Maybeyou turn an ugly Beemer into an interesting to look at ugly beemer!

greetz

der Porschebutz
Quote from mrodgers :I've never seen a Ford rust. Then again, I've never seen a Ford mechanically sound long enough to worry about rust.

My Ford is a 1990 F-150.. It's just beginning to rust with 154,000 miles..
Quote from Cornys :My Ford is a 1990 F-150.. It's just beginning to rust with 154,000 miles..

21 years old car with 154k miles? Where have you been driving, inside your living room?
Quote from KiRmelius :21 years old car with 154k miles? Where have you been driving, inside your living room?

That's only a little less than 12000 kilometers a year, which is not too bad imho.
Quote from hrtburnout :That's only a little less than 12000 kilometers a year, which is not too bad imho.

~7000 miles per year, very low over here. Average is 12,000/year.

I owned my first brand new car for 2 years. Bought in 1993 with 25 miles on it, sold in 1995 with 64,000 miles on it.

Just bought my Jetta almost exactly 1 year and 2 weeks ago. 78,000 miles on it. Now have 96,000 miles on it. 18,000 miles in 1 year and all I do is go to work and back with an occasional trip to the store.

My question is, with a Ford with 154k on it, what kind of maintenance and repairs does that mileage incorporate. On my old Toyotas, that would be a grand total of 3 front brake pad changes, 1 rear brake shoe change, and a clutch change. Judging by my Ford, it would probably be significantly more in that kind of mileage (I already have more money in routine maintenance on my Ford with 84k miles than my previous 5 Toyotas in combined 500k miles...)
Well, here is my toy

bought it last winter, picked it up in feb. this year.
Specs
1995 Nissan Skyline R33 GTR V-spec
75k km

Exteriour
Veilside Lip model E-I
KL0 K Spark Silver Metallic

Wheels/Tires
18' Volk Racing GT-C (Painted Spark Silver/Gunmetal)
265/35/18 Dunlop SP Sportmaxx tires all around

Interiour/others
Nismo 320km/h cluster
AEM Uego Air/Fuel Gauge
AEM Tru Boost Gauge/Controller
Blitz Dual Turbo Timer
Airconditioning with Climate Control
Clifford Alarm
Electric windows and mirrors
in '95 the optional airbags.

Handling/Brakes
Öhlin Adjustable Shocks F&R
Ferodo DS2500 Brake Pads
StopTech vented brake discs up front
StopTech Replacement rear discs
Brembo OEM Calipers
Driftworks adjutable tension rods
Driftworks Hicas Elimination.

Engine/driveline (RB26DETT)
Reconditioned 5 speed Manual
HKS twin plate clutch

Trust/Greddy intake with Greddy straight piping.
Greddy Reinforced Cambelt
new oilpump
new sparkplugs
AEM EMS ECU mapped by Pro Import
AEM 3.5 bar map sensor
AEM Boost Solenoid
Nismo full 3 inch Stainless Steel Exhaust
Stock Garret Turbos @ 1 bar boost

its currently at pro import for maintenance and a dyno session
:jawdrop:
ouchtastic!
Where around do you live? Looking to sell it to me as my first car?
I prefer R32, but it's nice
That r33 is beautiful. My favourite model of skylines, gotta say they look better in the darker colours don't think many skylines look good in silver
Quote from djgizmo68 :My old 1300 Carb civic was Awesome! easily beat any other 1300 on the road!

Ive just swapped in a D16z6 VTEC into the Wagon last week

Is it bad knowing that was a D16Z6 just by looking at the inlet and where the spark plugs are haha... I've got an EG but cba to modify it as I will make it a money pit when I want Tein Coilovers, B18C, Skunk2 Valve train, Skunk2 Pro series cams and inlet, Spoon 4-2 and 2-1 and Spoon N1. Then Function 7 LCA, Camber arms, polybushed, strut braces etc... Just can't modify it to the extent it should be when its a FWD car although it shares the chassis with the DC2 so I've heard.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG