The online racing simulator
Something to do with the contact physics surely. I even get less ffb when playing RBR.
Quote from tristancliffe :Then, when you drive on a track in real life, even a 'bumpy' one, you'll see that you don't feel the bumps through steering weight changes...

That's a limitation of current force-feedback technology, and iRacing's method of using small steering weight changes is a means of using the current technology to acheive what is a major part of driving a stiff-suspensioned car (ie, getting your hands jolted a fair bit).

IMO, force-feedback devices need motors that not only turn the wheel, but can move the entire steering column, to simulate jolting of the entire car, not just the steering rack.
Quote from Crashgate3 :That's a limitation of current force-feedback technology, and iRacing's method of using small steering weight changes is a means of using the current technology to acheive what is a major part of driving a stiff-suspensioned car (ie, getting your hands jolted a fair bit).

IMO, force-feedback devices need motors that not only turn the wheel, but can move the entire steering column, to simulate jolting of the entire car, not just the steering rack.

That kind of feedback is totally the wrong way. In a real car the car reacts to the road but every part of the car but stays where it i and doesn't move. The only part that really moves is the back rest of the seat. However when the car moves around the driver sitting in the car moves around too. The driver get his feedback from that movement. As a sensation from being held into the seat and his hands and feet holding against the steering wheel and pedals and floor.

If you take the driver's body movement out you are left with a totally different kind of feedback. Instead of the driver feeling the car movement he has some randomly shaking steering wheel in his hands.

I can't really comment the iracing ffb because I don't use it.

Quote from Gnomie :So bumpy.. The typical "vertex bumps" which are found in most netkar addon tracks. I suspect it's because of too big grids in the track surface mesh. Ruins some tracks completely, like Barcelona.

Indeed. The track surface looks shitty if I'm totally honest.

But then again nkpro doesn't really have good car suited for nordy either. Either stiffly sprung modern single seaters or a whale like handling 2 tonne fantasy car. The osella might work but it's too stiff too. Especially if they have ruined the track by not having enough polygons for the road surface
Quote from Hyperactive :That kind of feedback is totally the wrong way.
If you take the driver's body movement out you are left with a totally different kind of feedback. Instead of the driver feeling the car movement he has some randomly shaking steering wheel in his hands.

I can't really comment the iracing ffb because I don't use it.

It's not really g-forces I'm talking about (which are felt through the seat and directly by the driver) but the tiny bumps from the road surface which are mostly felt through the steering column. It's difficult if you've never played iRacing, but it has a very definite light jolting as you drive which other games (particularly LFS with its glass-smooth surfaces) lack. This light jolting would be a lot better if it was the whole wheel moving, not just it tilting from side to side.
-
(Inouva) DELETED by Inouva : Got what i'be looking =)
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE : it does now
Looks like funfunfun. Have to try it out.
Great stuff, enough to make me re-install netkar
Opened a server for LFS'ers just in case, I guess it will be madness in public.

Server: troy at nkp
Pass: lfs
Car: Fiat500 (for now, so it's easier to learn)
Do I see the Alps in the background scenery?
You should've seen the first version, he raced in the middle of mount everest.
Quote from troy :...Faster mirror, I hope they don't lynch me for reuploading it.

Thank you!
Downloading now, See you in the server
Is this game worth buying? I'm swimming in cash right now and g27 is on it's way and I've been thinking of some new games.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Is this game worth buying? I'm swimming in cash right now and g27 is on it's way and I've been thinking of some new games.

For 15 euros, it is certainly worth it.
Some people spend more on a haircut
Test the demo and see for yourself, I think it's well worth the 15 euro just for the hillclimb and the nordschleife alone. It's sadly not lfs in the multiplayer part so expect problems there. But the driving feel is great.
Na, i think i trow the sim, is soooo unfriendly for mouse user..., nordschleife looks fantastic but i have ramdom freeze ( for 1 or 2 secconds ), dunno why....

I got 110 solid fps in single player...
Tbh it took some laps of getting a hang of it (again) but vintage was fun. Abarth, meh. Slow, fwd, too many gears
Quote from Gnomie :So bumpy.. The typical "vertex bumps" which are found in most netkar addon tracks. I suspect it's because of too big grids in the track surface mesh. Ruins some tracks completely, like Barcelona.

Nordschleife is bumpy. I am not sure if it's that bumpy, but i won't be surprised.
Somehow the osella handles the bumps really well (too well for such stiff little car?). Too bad the fuel tank is way too small. Needs at least 3x then volume. Just 1.5 laps per tank in that sucker. You can't even get a timed lap on the ring with it...(?)

The track itself is too bumpy. Those low-polygon bumps or polygon edges... The osella and vintage didn't seem to mind them though. The kerbs are pretty high in some places too.

Had a stange problem too. On my 2nd lap in the osella (online) I got some strange low fps zones. Like suddenly the fps drops to 30 or so and then little later goes back to full. It happened pretty instantly for no apparent reason. Suddenly the fps is 30 and then later it's suddenly ok.

Pretty fun though!
tried the demo, but i don't like the interface. it didn't help that it lagged so bad too. i need a new computer.
I tried the demo last year again.. loved the physic but felt there was not enough contents in the game.
I bought it last winter. I haven't played another sim still.
On blackwood I believe we have some sort of idea of how the xfg will feel when the new tyre physics will be released.
It's bumpy true, but we can adjust the suspension to make it softer like in any sim.. still a little bumpy but feels better than any sims personally. (yes I played iracing).
I got about 60 tracks installed now, didn't had time to lap on them all and we have a blast without much ping online thanks to a reworked netcode. Something I also enjoy are the realistic setups. We can't arrive on the server and pawning everyone with an alien/surrealistic setup and nkp feels limited and realistic just like iracing in that department and if my memory is accurate LFS will also aim that way in a near future.

I don't have any lag with 1440x900 32b with vsync and 8xAA with everything else maxed with and average card (5770).

NKP doesn't have half of the features of LFS and will never have. It doesn't have the same "polished" I love in LFS. But when you drive the car you like on the track you like, their ain't nothing better at the moment I'm writting these lines. This game punish severely my mistakes on the track, and it does the same for every one else and this is how I like it.
One big letdown to me tough is close racing; the netcode is far from LFS and just a little touch can end someone's race drastically so we have to keep our distances when doing overtaking manoeuvres.

Buy it if you got a spare 20$
I have the latest NKP, they have added a sports car and rain, I like this sim very much as the cars are very responsive. Unfortunately I see no one to race against.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG