The online racing simulator
Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
I had a hard time deciding if I should laugh or wheap. I tought the game was Need for Speed, not Enter the frikkin' Matrix. The runaway scene looks so unreal, 10 metre jumps, Neo-grade athletic skills and the "push a button to kick ass" style is just lame. They should've looked how Fahrenheit did this kind of scenes. I understand they want to get some action in it, but can't they at least use a bit less hackney ideas? I wonder what crime that guy commited that the cops want him so badly that they don't give a crap about blowing up few innocent people in the process.

I understand how hard it is to get some new perspective into something as straghtforward and simple as arcade racing game and it's good they're trying. Problem is that they apparently didn't bother to come up with something actually original, they just filled a shaker with few "proven" ingredients and hoped that whatever comes outta it would taste well too. I never tought I'd really feel sorry for NFS...
looks like underground 2. and sure im just gonna keep runnin and jumping off buildings lol
Haha what a crap.
This had a lot of potential to be really fun. (Gumball 3000 concept)

But it looks like EA once again decided to take a massive dump on it.
it could be fun with at least Shift physics!
Quote from majod :it could be fun with at least Shift physics!

never happens. This is a game from Need For Speeds casual gamer side, its made by another developer, on another engine, with different goals.

btw, anyone noticed that December last year modding and adding (i.e replacing) cars in NFSU and NFSU2 became possible? I just started playing NFSU again and my current car is a Ferrari Fiorano (with Eclipse physics, but whatever)

and I made some LFS skid sounds from sounds I exported from that game
EA, wtf

I thought NFS was about driving, not interactive cut scenes a la MGS4 (which, btw, were very well done but too long for me), seriously, EA needs to give Tiburon the NFS franchise, at least then we'd know what to expect each year (cosmetic changes,broken features, rushed deadlines and missing bits of the game charged as DLC), a la Madden

But, honestly, it's using the FROSTBITE engine, and it looks good, but honestly, where is the gameplay? Road Fighter on the Sega CD looks like it'll play better than this
I won't buy it. The last NFS that I played legally was Carbon... Somehow wasting $50 on a horrible game puts a quick end to the series. I played Pro Street, which was a joke, and NFS shift was worse.

I might try the demo and if they don't have a demo I will do what I have done with other games. Download a torrent from someone else's non-secure wireless.
I have already driven across the U.S. It does not take very long at speed limits and taking it fairly easy. 3-4 days... If that's the case then this game should not take long to play through anyway.
Or better yet give the franchise to Criterion and incorporate the "street racing" of the underground games. I found last years Hot Pursuit to be probably the most fun to play in the later parts of the year and a blast. It looked gorgeous and no type of rage from anything bad like physics and or bad AI.

I just don't get EA. I know they are money hungry, but if they would see all the boards dedicated to NFS and youtube comments. Everyone pretty much wants to see the Underground series revived.
I'd rather stick with Hot Pursuit and shift. Underground was fun, but not real NFS.

This one looks promising though; the new engine really takes some balls to use in a NFS game.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :EA, wtf

I thought NFS was about driving, not interactive cut scenes a la MGS4 (which, btw, were very well done but too long for me), seriously, EA needs to give Tiburon the NFS franchise, at least then we'd know what to expect each year (cosmetic changes,broken features, rushed deadlines and missing bits of the game charged as DLC), a la Madden

But, honestly, it's using the FROSTBITE engine, and it looks good, but honestly, where is the gameplay? Road Fighter on the Sega CD looks like it'll play better than this

MGS4 never had interactive cutscenes. There was some.. Camera changes you could do in MGS.. but that was about it.

It's a driving game with some Quicktime Events. More semblance to Heavy Rain really.
I viewed MGS4 (and 3) as one long interactive custscene. I hate what EA are doing with The Run, it looks awful in terms of gamelay,very, very linear and just why is it using the Frostbite engine?
I wouldn't say MGS is an interactive cutscene (Heavy Rain is one). MGS at least has some fun gameplay to supplement the (interesting while confusing) story.
When the guy got outta the car and begun to jump on roofs I immediately had an ''daym this shit is gonna flop so hard'' thought
Need for Speed: The Run - Dated For Regions
Source: gamespy // By: A___A // 23/09/11

The widely ranged huge fanatics of the Need For Speed franchise will find themselves on the wrong side of the law when they race for their lives in the new Need for Speed: The Run. This game takes consumers on a heart-pounding cross-country race all the way from San Francisco to state of New York. Consumers are lured into an underground world of illicit, high-stakes racing. The pressure is on as it isn't just the fuzz who are after you. Entering the racing scene is just the beginning as you blow across borders, weave through dense urban traffic, rocket down icy mountain passes and navigate narrow canyons at breakneck speeds.

The game itself, powered by DICE's state-of-the-art Frostbite 2 engine, The new Need for Speed: The Run takes the action racing genre to new heights with a wide of stunning visuals and car physics that run the roads even at the highest speeds all built around a gripping storyline. The cars are hot, the racing is intense and the story will have you at the edge of your seat. All the way from the Golden Gate Bridge to the Empire State building.

Here are the release dates from the source, for the PS3. I haven't came across the prices. Also, bare in mind i'm not sure if they're 100% official but, they're as followed.

Need for Speed: The Run (PS3)
Release Region: United States
Release Date: November 17, 2011
Publisher: Electronic Arts

RP-T+ for Rating Pending, Targeting a Rating of Teen or Above
Release Region: United Kingdom
Release Date: November 15, 2011

Release Region: Japan
Release Date: November 2011

Release Region: Australia
Release Date: November 17, 2011

So the date's are above, will you be buying this? I know for sure I am, iv'e always been a huge fan of high impact racing games!
yea, tried it yesterday
I'm slightly interested in this game, only in the sense of the vast location you get to see.

Are they real roads and locations too? Like 100% real or just kinda.. similar streets with similar names or whatever.

Back in the days of N64 I was thinking the coolest game that could ever be made would be one where you could drive to streets that you know exist, or even to your front door at home.

That's what interests me. I haven't seen it or played it, but that concept of going across the country is awesome.
Saw the micheal bay tv spot yesterday. Looks like it could be a flop if i nit-pick it for all it's unrealistic faults but if i don't, i'd have a blast.
Quote from Bose321 :Stage 2 was even more fun then stage 1.

Can't wait to get to the avalanche parts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoviQtkHYog

that track looks like fun if you could play itz on LFS physics.

I'm surprised by the sound, that M3 sounds too artificial/ufoish compared to older games. The sound engine was always one of the better bits of NFS

Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG