The online racing simulator
Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
jabba
#3 - PoVo
Wooo less kids playing COD due to this coming!
Looks pretty fun.

Race across USA?
Looks ok, but I still want Underground 3.
black box
#7 - PoVo
>Implying CoD is not for kids.
Quote from PoVo :Wooo less kids playing COD due to this coming!

COD was made to keep the kids out of Battlefield.
Need for Speed: The Rerun?
From the NFS site:
Quote :It’s called The Run. An illicit, high-stakes race across the country. The only way to get your life back is to be the first from San Francisco to New York. No speed limits. No rules. No allies. All you have are your driving skills and sheer determination as you battle hundreds of the world’s most notorious drivers on the country’s most dangerous roads. In Need for Speed The Run, you’ll weave through dense urban centers, rocket down icy mountain passes and navigate narrow canyons at breakneck speeds, all the while evading a relentless police force prepared – and willing – to use lethal force to take you down.

PLATFORMS: Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Wii, Nintendo 3DS

So, PC confirmed (SWEET!). They're back to the story modes which I'm not sure about. Really enjoyed Hot Pursuit from Criterion Games so if they're making this as well, I have some pretty high hopes from the game. If it's back to Black Box, I'm not expecting too much from it.
Quote from DevilDare :Looks pretty fun.

Race across USA?

Quote :An illicit, high-stakes race across the country.

Looking forward to it!
Meh. I want underground 3. Can't just leave a awesome game like Underground 2 just hanging like this.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Meh. I want underground 3. Can't just leave a awesome game like Underground 2 just hanging like this.

I totally get why people want another Underground since I freaking loved underground 2 (beat it probably more than 10 times), but I don't see how they could make it way better. What all could they add that would make the game a lot better?
apparently the frostbite 2 engine will be going into the run

"The Frostbite 2 engine is powering Battlefield 3, but it's also feeling the Need for Speed, and this November, it's going on The Run, an illicit cross-country race stretching from San Francisco to New York. Get ready for the race of your life as you battle the world's most notorious drivers on the country's most dangerous roads."
how in the hell is frostbite 2 going to work on a racing game?
Quote from mutt107 :how in the hell is frostbite 2 going to work on a racing game?

If it works at jet speeds, it'll work at car speeds...
could be the base for an amazing damage model.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Looks ok, but I still want Underground 3.

I'm sorry but the riced cars theme is old fashioned, even kids who grew up with FnF are not interested anymore...
#20 - pipa
This is actually an interesting story, but im quite sure they are going to ruin it again.

They are just going to make a pretty game that sells well and nothing that you would want to play for years.

Last title i enjoyed was NFS Porsche unleashed and i am still waiting for one that can top that.
yeah, illegal street racing (in its rice form) is dead, and EA has moved on to the track racing/drifting world. Take a look at Speedhunters, which is a EA site after all.

I still like Underground 2, mostly because of the sound, but it had a lot of flaws too: No wheel support, bad balancing (AE86 godlike in racing, 240SX in drag and the Golf GTi (!) in drifting), stupid truck racing and the need to pimp the **** out of your car to move up the storyline.
Yea you will have a need for speed if you have the runs.
Quote from 91mason91 :Yea you will have a need for speed if you have the runs.

If the finish line has a toilet.
Quote from ACCAkut :

I still like Underground 2, mostly because of the sound, but it had a lot of flaws too: No wheel support

Hmm thats odd. I managed to have my DFP working on 900 with ease. Probably because it's a PS2 wheel to begin with.

I guess i don't blame them for using Frostbite. After all there's apparently alot of canyon faces blowing up in the game.

(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG