The online racing simulator
Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
Agreed, it's not that great... But I'm enjoyed nonetheless.

Going to play and record stage 3 today.
This game should serve as a monument to EA & co for their ability to ruin whatever good idea they come up with with hundrends of stupid bugs and nuisiances.

Why is loading taking so damn long? Why do I have to go though it whenever I restart race? Why does the game constantly want me to punch buttons to skip boatload of "Unlocked XXX" screens and then quickly skips over those I actually want to read? And to top it off... why can't I set accel/brake on up and down arrows? I've been controlling racing arcades like that since DSI's The Cycles for God's sake. (or am I the only one with this problem?)
Despite these annoyances I kinda like the game, in the beggining I almost had the feeling that it's just me and my M3 against 250 other guys and 3000 miles of road. I like how you can't crash-brake in every corner anymore, I enjoy that you can't fist your way though road blocks as if you were driving an Abrams tank. Cars are (finally) controllable again, the opponents challenging... so why the hell does the game have to piss me off every 3 minutes with XP counter, infinite loading and rather silly demolition derby cop chases?
Quote from MadCatX :...so why the hell does the game have to piss me off every 3 minutes with XP counter, infinite loading ...

Sounds like nearly every other new game if you add Facebook archievements to that
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Or better yet give the franchise to Criterion and incorporate the "street racing" of the underground games. I found last years Hot Pursuit to be probably the most fun to play in the later parts of the year and a blast. It looked gorgeous and no type of rage from anything bad like physics and or bad AI.

I just don't get EA. I know they are money hungry, but if they would see all the boards dedicated to NFS and youtube comments. Everyone pretty much wants to see the Underground series revived.

Hence why Hot Pursuit will show up at my place today so I can roam around; roam games are the best. Underground 2 is probably my 2nd favorite NFS with Most Wanted being my first. I used to love Underground 2, the sounds were awesome, the city was awesome, it was great.

I don't dislike Carbon, but the whole nighttime thing is annoying. I have Undercover but the physics were weird in that game and didn't like it, but it's okay.

But yeah, Most Wanted shows up sometime next week for my Xbox too, loved it so much on my PS2.

Also, bought Hot Pursuit for under $20 from Amazon so yeah, it's worth it now.
I don't buy new games anymore, it's to expensive, especially when I don't glue myself to my xbox for months and have no life.
OMFG what a piece of shit... and blocked to 30fps....
I hope the company who made this goes bankrupt :bananadea
Having the runs is more fun than playing NFS the run.
rofl epic fail game... the tests: the actuall play time is around 3 hours, the multiplayer eccept of the autolog system sucks (you can't choose what track and car to drive for example), not a lot of action, made no use of the frostbite engine, rubber band ai (dunno how to translate that) etc....

When I first heard black box is doing that, I already knew this can`t be good... (just look at the first page of the topic)

This doesn't even make me want to download it... i mean 3 hours that's shorter then the download and instalation time ^^

Why on earth is black box still making games?
Quote from John5200 :i mean 3 hours that's shorter then the download and instalation time ^^

That's the problem of your internet, not of the game :rolleyes:
Quote from E.Reiljans :That's the problem of your internet, not of the game :rolleyes:

I know troll-man, but that still doesn`t change the fact it's goddamn short.
Quote from John5200 :I know troll-man, but that still doesn`t change the fact it's goddamn short.

So is MW3 but nobody complained about it.
Quote from E.Reiljans :So is MW3 but nobody complained about it.

Yes, there are complaints. But since MW3 is more online based people care less. NFS on the other hand is almost entirely singleplayer based....
Also no one can say there is no action in MW3 (didn't play it but well since it's like the last 5 CODs...)
I actually really like he game. Not as much fun as Hot Pursuit, but more fun than almost all of the previous games that EA has made (Pro Street, Undercover, and about the same level of fun as the Shift games). Clearly, enjoy it like an arcade, not expecting it to be factually correct.

Quote :Why is loading taking so damn long?

It's a very large game. I'm less than 1/3 of the way through and I've driven over 500 miles in the game.

Quote :Why do I have to go though it whenever I restart race?

Not sure, but this is done in quite a few other games as well. It is quite annoying though and I wish that it didn't have to.

Quote :Why does the game constantly want me to punch buttons to skip boatload of "Unlocked XXX" screens and then quickly skips over those I actually want to read?

This is quite nit picky. They're badges and honestly, it shows you the stuff which you want to read long enough. I haven't had a problem with it skipping stuff at all.

Quote :why can't I set accel/brake on up and down arrows?

You can. Go into settings on the main screen, then gameplay, and then controls. You can change the acceleration and brake to whatever you want.

Hope that answered your questions well.
Got my DVDs today, but the installation screen disappears and nothing happens after the first few steps, so aborted it as of now, have fiddle with it tomorrow
this game reminds me of the 90's arcade driving games like RUSH or Cruisin' USA. No AI, no physics, just put the pedal down and steer (or don't, it doesn't really matter)
#92 - JJ72
the AI is quicker than GT5's.... That's a fact.
have you seen a vid from the last stage? a fcking subway train is faster than your car, even if you go like 300km/h
Quote from ACCAkut :have you seen a vid from the last stage? a fcking subway train is faster than your car, even if you go like 300km/h

Hint hint: some maglev trains in Asia go a bit over 400. :P
Quote from E.Reiljans :Hint hint: some maglev trains in Asia go a bit over 400. :P

They don't have a maglev 400 km/h+ subway train in LA, now do they? (trololo)
Quote from E.Reiljans :Hint hint: some maglev trains in Asia go a bit over 400. :P

****ing magnets, how do they work?
Quote from MadCatX :They don't have a maglev 400 km/h+ subway train in LA, now do they? (trololo)

They don't. And even if they do, it's still unrealistic.

Trains are for normal passengers who don't wear safety belts. No maglev train will pull as much G as a tyre-screaming Huayra or Carrera GT.
Fast trains obviously don't accelerate/brake as fast as a car.
For those of you saying that Black Box should go bankrupt and that Underground was the best NFS; NFSU and NFSU2 were both made by black box. As was Carbon, Most Wanted, Undercover, ProStreet and NFS: World.

Of course, I thought all of them were crap (except World and Undercover, which I never played).

Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG