The online racing simulator
Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
Nice game imo , but really short story .. 2h5mins + cutscenes .
Audi Quattro 20V is nice havent seen stock Audi Quattro in any other game before ..
Quote from MAGGOT :For those of you saying that Black Box should go bankrupt and that Underground was the best NFS; NFSU and NFSU2 were both made by black box. As was Carbon, Most Wanted, Undercover, ProStreet and NFS: World.

Of course, I thought all of them were crap (except World and Undercover, which I never played).

no. porshce unleashed and IISE was the best
For the newer generation crap they sold, Underground was the best. The straight line drag with the train at the end was endless fun with friends.

All the older NFS' were obviously better however.
Quote from PMD9409 :For the newer generation crap they sold, Underground was the best. The straight line drag with the train at the end was endless fun with friends.

All the older NFS' were obviously better however.

Underground was the decline of NFS, nothing but illigal street raceing crap. I droped it way back then.
well yes underground was the best back than,coz the scene was new,and there was nothing like that.but if u play that today its like wtf
Quote from e2mustang :well yes underground was the best back than,coz the scene was new,and there was nothing like that.but if u play that today its like wtf

Well true, i did buy the game, the graphics blew my mind, but still, the overall game was horrid.
Say what ya want, but Underground 2 was the most fun I've ever had with a NFS game. I played that game on and off for about 5 years. In fact, at my high school where they gave out laptops for the students, the most played game on our computers was consistently GTA: Vice City and Underground 2. Also, Most Wanted was pretty sweet as well.
... your high school gave you guys laptops?
High stakes has a very special place in my childhood memory, it's when I really get into racing games.

I did finished Undersground 2 twice despite hating the stylistic choices, so as a game it does have some credit to it.
Indianapolis 500 got me into racing games

On the computer, anyways... pretty sure I played a couple on the Intellivision that my dad had stored in the basement. I bet that makes me look older than I actually am...
NFS 3 HP got me into racing games.
Quote from Puhba :Underground was the decline of NFS, nothing but illigal street raceing crap. I droped it way back then.

Every NFS except Pro Street / Shift (2) is about "illigal street raceing crap".
Quote from JJ72 :High stakes has a very special place in my childhood memory,[...].

Had (& still the has) biggest addons/cars database compared to any other nfs titles...
NFS 5 (porsche's) was the last good "arction-simulcade"... to me.
Quote from MAGGOT :On the computer, anyways... pretty sure I played a couple on the Intellivision that my dad had stored in the basement. I bet that makes me look older than I actually am...

errr... I had an Intellivision... when they were new...

My first racing game was this....

Picked this up for 20 USD from the Origin sale yesterday. Figured for 20 why not?

Expected nothing more than a completely arcade experience and that's what it is. It's pretty fun though it might get old pretty quick. Oh well.
Still can't find anything if the streets are real or not..

For those that do have it and have played Hot Pursuit, how are the physics; anything alike? For an NFS I'm pretty happy with how Hot Pursuit feels.

Got Most Wanted in mail yesterday and started playing that... lulz.. definitely not as amazing as I once thought! (Graphically that is).. but still the #1 sold NFS game of all time.

@Bose, finally watched your stages last night, despite some funny accidents (desert run to Vegas you hit those 3 cars in same place LULZ) anyways, can't wait to see the rest of the game!

The scenery .. oh my god.. it's beautiful!
The problem with the game now is you have to drive 200 mph everywhere and have to focus on the road so much you don't get to see any of the mountains etc, it looks.. amazing.

Which is what I like about HP because it does have free roam.

I'm sorry but the NFS teams need to bring it back to the tuner scene for another game, fast cars is fun and all... but I would much rather take a cheap ass car and tune it out as opposed to driving some supercar like every other racing game.
Quote from XCNuse :@Bose, finally watched your stages last night, despite some funny accidents (desert run to Vegas you hit those 3 cars in same place LULZ) anyways, can't wait to see the rest of the game!

Lol yeah, I kept doing the same.

The game itself is fun as long you don't expect any simulator-like driving.

The physics are not like Hot Pursuit because drifting in tight corners in this game can be deadly if you give it too much throttle or counter steer too late or not enough.

I'll record some other stages if you'd like to see. The mountain part with the avalanches should be epic.
Would it be possible for you to record and upload the rest of the game? I'm watching those instead of playing it myself :P Saves money.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Would it be possible for you to record and upload the rest of the game? I'm watching those instead of playing it myself :P Saves money.

Haha, sure. From stage 4 right?

I played some yesterday but forgot to record, so I'll just start from stage 4 again, no problem.
Fine by me, Stage 3 was the last one you uploaded so go from stage 4
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Would it be possible for you to record and upload the rest of the game? I'm watching those instead of playing it myself :P Saves money.

hahaha, that's how I felt about it

friend's ex got it for him though so I'll probably get to play with it some this weekend.

I do really hate the physics keep changing between games..

That's one thing I really hate about playing the "same game" is you play one, then try to play the other and the physics just... you can't control the car anymore!

Like playing HP and then playing Most Wanted.. I kept tossing my car into the wall LOL
i'd rather play with the puppy than that pos game.
Quote from e2mustang :i'd rather play with the puppy than that pos game.

Same here.

However, I don't have a dog (banned in the dormitory), and I do have a computer.

Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG