The online racing simulator
Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
Just another crap for 5 year olds.
By the way, The Long title is "Need for Speed: The Run (away from it)"
Quote from simulation :could be the base for an amazing damage model.

No it won´t. Lets take for example NFS Hot Pursuit. It was made by Criterion games, the same company that made years ago Burnout Paradise. Take a look at the damage in Burnout Paradise and Hot Pursuit. Do you think Criterion games forgot how to make awsome damage? No. All games with awesome damage feature fictional cars for example Flat Out or GTA.

The car companys don´t want us to see how fast their 100000000000000000000000000000€ car gets wasted in a millisecond. (The only exeption I know from is GRID. Probably it is because the cars in there are heavily tuned)

Quote from shashdev :What all could they add that would make the game a lot better?

Make a HUGE fully accessebl area (kinda like TDU2). Make some fun physics in there like (Shift). Take the tuning from Underground 2 and make for example the slider things from Carbon (you know these things to personalise your tuning parts), more tuning. Probably cobs BUT LET ME CRUISE FFS. In Most Wanted and so on it was not possible to drive 100 Meters without getting in a pursuit (Take for example TDU again. Awesome for cruising and you only get into a pursuit if you want to), abillity to make your own skins (like for example in Forza).

There are a lot more things you could make.

Btw. didn´t know about frostbite engine. But Black Box will manage it to waste even that ^^.
Quote from John5200 :
Make a HUGE fully accessebl area (kinda like TDU2). Make some fun physics in there like (Shift). Take the tuning from Underground 2 and make for example the slider things from Carbon (you know these things to personalise your tuning parts), more tuning. Probably cobs BUT LET ME CRUISE FFS. In Most Wanted and so on it was not possible to drive 100 Meters without getting in a pursuit (Take for example TDU again. Awesome for cruising and you only get into a pursuit if you want to), abillity to make your own skins (like for example in Forza).

There are a lot more things you could make.

Btw. didn´t know about frostbite engine. But Black Box will manage it to waste even that ^^.

I will say, it seems that the most requested game from any need for speed fan (if you go on youtube videos or the nfs forum) always seems to be underground 3. So the demand? Definitely there.

I think adding cops would be great, but you need daytime and nighttime for it to be successful since other games not have that pretty much standard (TDU 2, Midnight Club, etc.) and that takes it well away from the original Underground series formula. Still, I don't see that as too big a problem.

The game would be defined by the physics and let me just say, over everything else, that was why, I think, everyone loved Underground 2. It was a freaking fun game to PLAY. And to be quite honest, I just don't think that EA can pull off fun physics like that again. It may be a pessimistic view, but it's just what I believe. And for that reason, I say that just leave that series as it was on a high note.

(Btw, I'll totally bite my tongue if EA makes a good underground 3 in the future, which I would love too!)
Need For speed 2
Need For speed Porsche
Need for speed : Underground 2

The rest is crap
Quote from Inouva :Need For speed 2
Need For speed Porsche

The rest is crap

Need For speed Porsche

The rest is crap

Add Most Wanted and the latest Hot Pursuit to the list. They were a lot of fun to play.
Need For speed Porsche

The rest is crap

What a mix of tastes you have....

Most Wanted was probably a lot of fun, but the quality of the game just sucked too much.
Quote from shashdev :Add Most Wanted and the latest Hot Pursuit to the list. They were a lot of fun to play.

Quote from NitroNitrous :What a mix of tastes you have....

Most Wanted was probably a lot of fun, but the quality of the game just sucked too much.

Na, most wanted is cool till you do the corner near the prision and touch the kerb and the car flip 190º

Alsoafter need for speed underground 2, all the cars in nfs dont attach to the "Physic" that you are attached, they can turn at 400kph in a 90º turn without problem or when you have more that half circuit of advantage they can speed up "Again ignoring the physics" and overtake you and scape from you leaving you way behind...

This is most notorius in NFS Carbon, go to the game, do the tutorial and see the girl driving the Ford GT, is ridiculous how the cars ignore the physics

Anyway most real physics was on NFS porsche, the rest of the nfs is a joke
#35 - PoVo
Personally - Underground 1 was best IMO. There wasn't much tuning, the car's speed seemed realistic and it had good music.
Need For Speed 2 (including Special Edition, and i have both of them) or /thread

trolrolol
Quote from PoVo :Personally - Underground 1 was best IMO. There wasn't much tuning, the car's speed seemed realistic and it had good music.

The drag racing was much better too.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Don't worry, they are pretty good when it comes to listening to fans, they just react really slowly. The one after this will probably be Underground 3.
It seems that lots of fans asking for UG3 want Shift-like physics.

I want that too. But, will it ever happen ?

Quote from shashdev :From the NFS site:

So, PC confirmed (SWEET!). They're back to the story modes which I'm not sure about. Really enjoyed Hot Pursuit from Criterion Games so if they're making this as well, I have some pretty high hopes from the game. If it's back to Black Box, I'm not expecting too much from it.

I don't think Hot Pursuit has any "story mode"... Just missions one after another.
Not closely related to NFS:

Anyone dreaming of a hard-core sim featuring some open street racing with both realistic physics and serious traffic behavior simulation ? I won't care if there's no AI racer.
Quote from Keling :Not closely related to NFS:

Anyone dreaming of a hard-core sim featuring some open street racing with both realistic physics and serious traffic behavior simulation ? I won't care if there's no AI racer.

Yep.
i've had many ideas for vehicle-based mmo's but i don't have the programming expertise to carry them out.
Quote from Keling :Not closely related to NFS:

Here's a great serious traffic behavior simulation modeler they could use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ature=channel_video_title

Hell, just whatever they are playing looks like a crapload of fun. Just put in a multiplayer element and keep the AI and you are looking at a game that I would put at the top of my list!
Quote from shashdev :Here's a great serious traffic behavior simulation modeler they could use: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ature=channel_video_title

Hell, just whatever they are playing looks like a crapload of fun. Just put in a multiplayer element and keep the AI and you are looking at a game that I would put at the top of my list!

Ah yes... The Crash time games... Love them. Currently playing part 4 as we speak.
Crash Time is fun. But again, physics...
The graphics look nice, but I just don't like the way they use 3D characters instead of that comic book style (like Underground 2).
Quote from FPVaaron :COD was made to keep the kids out of Battlefield.

and even less out of ARMA
#50 - Uke
Quote from ACCAkut :omg thats bad

Yeah, those "push a button for an action" chases were terrible. Btw. THat guy really must be a serious criminal, they are shooting him from ****ing helicopters. Crappiest game of the year anyone?

ROFL. Cars explode from the chopper fire, but the plaqyers car doesnt get damaged AT ALL. Oh my god.

Need For Speed: The Run
(137 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG