The online racing simulator
BTCC Blame Game - EPISODE FOUR
(80 posts, started )
I would have to say that Thompson should have given more room for Burt, but Burt should have held back, as the other two were clearly not going to give room. Voted for Thompson.
I suppose both Rydell and Thompson could use their mirrors to see Burt in the middle, but I was proven wrong.

Looking from an onboard replay, it seems that Burt tries to get an advantage and taking a risk of rushing into a gap that is narrowing all the time, but it wasn't his fault.

Since there is only one I can vote for getting blamed, I'd say it was Thompson for the lack of using mirrors and not even trying to avoid the crash. Otherwise I'd put the blame for both Rydell and Thompson.
Quote from nikopdr :I suppose both Rydell and Thompson could use their mirrors to see Burt in the middle, but I was proven wrong.

Looking from an onboard replay, it seems that Burt tries to get an advantage and taking a risk of rushing into a gap that is narrowing all the time, but it wasn't his fault.

Since there is only one I can vote for getting blamed, I'd say it was Thompson for the lack of using mirrors and not even trying to avoid the crash. Otherwise I'd put the blame for both Rydell and Thompson.

Stealth edit going on there nikopdr?
I think in actuality, Rydell and Burt had nowhere else to go. So using that you'd unanimously blame Thompson.
Quote from jrd.racer ::::I say Burt's fault. Where did he think he was going to fit?

In the gap that was there before the other two decided to be idiots and turn across his nose?
Quote from Seb66 :In the gap that was there before the other two decided to be idiots and turn across his nose?

Except Rydell didn't have much place else to go.
Quote from Squelch :What was the voting outcome for round 2?

Results of Round 2 are at the beginning the of round 3 video. If you can't access the video at work, Kelvin Burt was given the share of the blame with 60 votes. The rest had 32 or less.
Should have made a "neither" option for this one.
I had to vote for both of them.
The first set of nudging was all in Rydell's court, but then the second set was just retaliation for what happen in the first race. Tit for tat, they are both as bad as each other. If anything Rydell tried a lot harder to spin Cleland, but no doubt if Cleland's first move hadn't worked he'd have gone in for another try.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Results of Round 2 are at the beginning the of round 3 video. If you can't access the video at work, Kelvin Burt was given the share of the blame with 60 votes. The rest had 32 or less.

Thanks.

Round 3 is a difficult call.

Druids is notorious for incidents under braking, but Rydell does seem to keep pushing.

Rydell's car bobbles and loses momentum coming from Surtees to McLaren curve, and Cleland barely touches him.

I feel a neither or both vote is in order here. I can't remember the atmosphere at the time, but I recall it was rather tense between several drivers back then, and may have influenced the application of the endorsements.

Track reference:
Brands Hatch
Quote from PMD9409 :Should have made a "neither" option for this one.

Perhaps, but that's boring. Play devil's advocate or protest by not voting.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Perhaps, but that's boring. Play devil's advocate or protest by not voting.

Well the "incidents" are boring, that's my point!
I think they need to put their handbags away. Both of them.
I blame the tv production for the lousiest camera angles ever.
I say this was a racing incident, At the start, The blue car shunts the yellow one (Sorry, forgot the names, just reinsert em as you go), Because the yellow one had locked his brakes, Looks like alittle aggression came out of his mistake, but it was both their fault in my opinion.
I say Cleland deserved the penalty more than Rydell.

Rydell was nudging Cleland IN the braking zone, so it wasn't THAT severe but he did ride his bumper all the way around druids..

Cleland on the other hand just didn't seem to brake at all, although contact was VERY minimal.
I voted Cleland but it was a tough call. The only reason for it was that he gained a position by sending Rydell to slide; if it was the other way around, I'd have voted Rydell...
rydell did use cleland in the braking zone for druids, but i dont think that it warranted a penalty as cleland wasnt impeded and didnt lose any time, but cleland who lost his cool a little knew what he was doing, he braked a fraction late just enough for it to look like it was an accident, but he knew that the contact would put rydell wide allowing him to pass so i voted for cleland
the incident was clelend's fault but i would of claimed it as a racing indicent as watts was going wide anyway.
Here's a suggestion you could think about. How about not just making the series about the BTCC? It would open you up to a lot more options for car crashes and let's be honest, the audience for the show doesn't care too much about the BTCC, but more about some nice close racing that just went too far.

For example (not a great one btw), you could use this video for the first crash in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv_j84t0Bw

Just something to throw out there. Maybe mention it at the end of the next video and see what other people think.
Quote from shashdev :Here's a suggestion you could think about. How about not just making the series about the BTCC? It would open you up to a lot more options for car crashes and let's be honest, the audience for the show doesn't care too much about the BTCC, but more about some nice close racing that just went too far.

For example (not a great one btw), you could use this video for the first crash in it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zv_j84t0Bw

Just something to throw out there. Maybe mention it at the end of the next video and see what other people think.

I am open to other race series, but for now I'll be focussing on the BTCC, and this channel will only ever have BTCC content on it. But on my other channel, I will consider doing other series.
Episode 4
Hello once again!

We've travelled back in time to 1992 to watch one of the classic BTCC crashes, involving Toyota team mates Will Hoy and Andy Rouse at Brands Hatch. Let me know what you think of the series as a whole, and who you think is to blame. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYSMOOH4vbc
Im not much into BTCC but looking at the video, this was Will Hoy's fault, he didn't give enough room for Andy Rouse on the outside and basicly got turned into.

BTCC Blame Game - EPISODE FOUR
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG