The online racing simulator
BTCC Blame Game - EPISODE FOUR
(80 posts, started )
Episode 4

Hello once again!

We've travelled back in time to 1992 to watch one of the classic BTCC crashes, involving Toyota team mates Will Hoy and Andy Rouse at Brands Hatch. Let me know what you think of the series as a whole, and who you think is to blame. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYSMOOH4vbc

Episode 3
Hello!

This week, I'm asking you to choose who deserved an endorsement/penalty more? Rydell or Cleland in a pair of incidents at Brands Hatch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE8i62-_2R8
Episode 2

Hello once again,

After the great success of the first episode of The Blame Game (600+ views, 200+ votes), I'm back with episode 2.

We're still in 1995, and you will be voting on an incident between Kelvin Burt, Rickard Rydell and James Thompson at Oulton Park.

Watch the video, vote, comment and please let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-jkb66wtmk

Episode 1

Hello!

After a 30 months off, the Blame Game returns in the form of real-life racing! For the next few months I will be asking you to decide who's to blame in a number of BTCC incidents from the 90s. The first video is an incident between John Cleland and Patrick Watts in 1995. Watch and enjoy, and tell me what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaeixklIw2M

I'm not trying to cause controversy, I just wanted to highlight some of my favourite moments from the BTCC in an interactive way
I'd say Clelands fault. Watt's had inside line for that corner and was able to pass Cleland by braking later, but Watt's made a mistake and turned in too aggressively and hit Cleland who already was in front.
I think I also said it was Cleland's fault.
Cleland shunted Watt to retaliate for the touch the corner before. He could have avoided that bump but chose not to.
Obviously Cleland. I dont even see how it could be Watt's fault. :P
Quote from evilpimp :Obviously Cleland. I dont even see how it could be Watt's fault. :P

Watts currently has 19 votes. So some people disagree! Cleland is winning though.
#7 - Seb66
Watts was already heading for the grass, he was never really going to make that corner at all.. So I'm guessing he slowed down unnecessarily in some attempt to keep it on the tarmac, while all cleland did was rightfully set his car up for the switch back... You don't expect another driver to slow down after he's already missed the apex of the corner... So I'm gonna blame watts for attempting a move he would of never been able to make stick anyway.. and just for the banter as well.
#8 - CSF
Quote from Seb66 :Watts was already heading for the grass, he was never really going to make that corner at all.. So I'm guessing he slowed down unnecessarily in some attempt to keep it on the tarmac, while all cleland did was rightfully set his car up for the switch back... You don't expect another driver to slow down after he's already missed the apex of the corner... So I'm gonna blame watts for attempting a move he would of never been able to make stick anyway.. and just for the banter as well.

This.
It's clearly Cleland.
Quote from Seb66 :Watts was already heading for the grass, he was never really going to make that corner at all.. So I'm guessing he slowed down unnecessarily in some attempt to keep it on the tarmac, while all cleland did was rightfully set his car up for the switch back... You don't expect another driver to slow down after he's already missed the apex of the corner... So I'm gonna blame watts for attempting a move he would of never been able to make stick anyway.. and just for the banter as well.

But Cleland should realise that Watts hit the brakes way too late and was very likely to try to make up for it near the apex. I think Cleland just misjudged it and rammed him or as a way of retaliating he just decided to knock him off the track.
TBH it looked like watts was all over the track from the get go and was merely irritating cleland thus causing the contact.
You still can't punt a driver just because he irritated you :/
Oh i know. It looks straight out of cargame.nl rush hour when all the aliens and amateurs mix it up
I blame lag.

+1

Watts was going off track 50 metres out from the corner when he over-committed himself on the brakes. The small contact before was normal for BTCC racing.

Also...Watts as a legend?
It's really hard to tell with those camera angles... some blame to share there for sure.

I voted Watts because it looked like his car went straight on at the turn and Cleland tried his best to turn behind him but failed. I'm not a mind reader, so with the limited information we have I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in this case
I am going to retract my "lag" statement, and put them both at fault.

What's the official decision that the stewards gave? (originally Boothy's Q).
As long as Watts didn't lock up again, I'd say it'd be Cleland.
The voting is RIDICULOUSLY close at the moment, probably the closest episode of the Blame Game ever! That highlights the fact that there should have been a 'racing incident' option.

Quote from amp88 :

Also...Watts as a legend?

He's really tall, so yes.

Quote from PMD9409 :

What's the official decision that the stewards gave? (originally Boothy's Q).

There was no action taken.
It did look as though Watts was braking in a place where usually where there is usually no braking, Cleland was on the racing line and was giving it full pasty to get the greatest amount of momentum for the next bit of straight (thats a bit bent). For me its a racing incident as i dont think anyone could have reacted that quickly to avoid Watts, just my two cents :S

I fourth this motion.
Quote from PMD9409 :What's the official decision that the stewards gave?

you realize that this is btcc were talking about? aka the most prestigious banger league in the world
No way Watts was going off. A little wide, yes, but not off.

Cleland was angry for some reason and carelessly misjudged the cutback beneath Watts. Watts did nothing wrong except enter the corner slightly too fast to hold the inside line (so of course he'd be slower through it), which is what usually has happened whenever any outside driver has the opportunity to cutback beneath.
Quote from Shotglass :you realize that this is btcc were talking about? aka the most prestigious banger league in the world

I would have called it a racing incident, so I wanted to see what they said.
Hello once again,

After the great success of the first episode of The Blame Game (600+ views, 200+ votes), I'm back with episode 2.

We're still in 1995, and you will be voting on an incident between Kelvin Burt, Rickard Rydell and James Thompson at Oulton Park.

Watch the video, vote, comment and please let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-jkb66wtmk

(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG