The online racing simulator
BTCC Blame Game - EPISODE FOUR
(80 posts, started )
Come on guys its not won in T1
The deciding moment for me is from Radisich's onboard. Burt Had a pretty great start and went for the relatively open gap, but Thompson moved over entirely too late and to add insult to injury, Burt was nearly already half a car length beside Rydell. I would call it a racing incident, but it looked as if Thompson would have held the inside anyways for T1. That and it's only the start of the race.
I blame the front too chaps, they reacted way too late to block the charging Mundaino so was only going to result in contact.

[edit: Just looked again (and about 4 extra times), I apologise, the chap in the Vauxhall was an innocent victim in this clip, the Volvo pushed the Mundaino into the Vauxhall.]
Thompson tried to close the gap when Burt had his nose between him and Rydell, he must have seen Burt going through and yet he closed the gap. I blame Thompson for this one...
you might want to add a freeze frame where you introduce the involved parties and give them numbers or something
in both videos i found it impossible to remember whos who when the voting popped up
Perfect episode for Blame Game. Nice job on this series, good luck on future Passo.
Quote from Shotglass :you might want to add a freeze frame where you introduce the involved parties and give them numbers or something
in both videos i found it impossible to remember whos who when the voting popped up

Same here, I had to watch it again to figure out who was in what car. I knew the Burt car though.
#34 - CSF
Kelvin Burt going through the middle was always going to end badly for one of the two on the outside, and so it did.
Quote from Shotglass :you might want to add a freeze frame where you introduce the involved parties and give them numbers or something

I've now added a pause annotation and added labels to the cars
Btw, you might want to tell them in the next episode not to click on more than one annotation because some people may just be curious as to what's there.

Just let them know that all annotation videos are the same so they aren't tempted to click on more than one annotation and skew the votes.

It's possible that the votes for the last round were so close because people went back and viewed the other video as well.
It's Thompson's fault here. Firstly, He tried to block burt and that caused his quarter panel to get knocked, He obviously thought burt would back down and he didn't, Rydell however could have provided more room when he saw the cars closing in, If you don't get a clean start, You shouldn't try to block in a start, Just not smart, Races last a long time however your fiberglass doesn't.
Thompson, Kelvin Burt (in the beautiful Valvoline shemed Mondeo) had a run on him, he came across and got hooked, bounced off of Rydell and wrecked.

Radisich's onboard confirmed it, I didn't see Burt change his line or brake, Thompson simply came across on him when Kelvin had position.
Quote from shashdev :Btw, you might want to tell them in the next episode not to click on more than one annotation because some people may just be curious as to what's there.

Just let them know that all annotation videos are the same so they aren't tempted to click on more than one annotation and skew the votes.

It's possible that the votes for the last round were so close because people went back and viewed the other video as well.

I'm almost certain that after seeing one 'you voted' video nobody would click on another - the speech on the video is nonspecific and the only thing that could be seen as unique is the name written in the video.

I also think the voting was close because people had a genuinely divided opinion on who was to blame.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :
I also think the voting was close because people had a genuinely divided opinion on who was to blame.

Staggering how so many people can get it wrong, innit?
I would say Thompson should bear responsibility for that. He turns left to gain the racing line, but fails to check behind. I would imaging he glanced over to see Rydell, but failed to see Burt coming in between.

Burt is partially to blame despite what he says in the interview. I don't think braking was necessary - a lift might have sufficed - and if anyone could see the situation unfolding completely, it was him. He did get an excellent start however, and was trying to capitalise on it.

I'm not sure if my vote got through I clicked Thompson, but got no feedback. This was after working out that I needed to be viewing via Flash Player - I've been using the Google/YT HTML5 version for some time now and annotations aren't supported on that yet. Can you put a note in the description to help others please?
Quote from Squelch :I would say Thompson should bear responsibility for that. He turns left to gain the racing line, but fails to check behind. I would imaging he glanced over to see Rydell, but failed to see Burt coming in between.

Burt is partially to blame despite what he says in the interview. I don't think braking was necessary - a lift might have sufficed - and if anyone could see the situation unfolding completely, it was him. He did get an excellent start however, and was trying to capitalise on it.

I'm not sure if my vote got through I clicked Thompson, but got no feedback. This was after working out that I needed to be viewing via Flash Player - I've been using the Google/YT HTML5 version for some time now and annotations aren't supported on that yet. Can you put a note in the description to help others please?

I've now added links to the description of the video
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I've now added links to the description of the video

Thanks, my vote registered that time.

Good game btw, I only came across it for the first time in round one. The whole thing is contentious and provocative - exactly what motor racing and BTCC should bring.

Belated vote for first round - Racing incident
i dont understand how anyone can say thompson was at fault there, you can clearly see rydell moving across at the start, it was the contact with burt that turned thompson into rydell and finally leading him to spin out, watch the slo-mo, thompson maintains a straight line until hit by burt. Rydells fault for blocking the faster burt
Quote from kirmy :i dont understand how anyone can say thompson was at fault there, you can clearly see rydell moving across at the start, it was the contact with burt that turned thompson into rydell and finally leading him to spin out, watch the slo-mo, thompson maintains a straight line until hit by burt. Rydells fault for blocking the faster burt

Have a look at the view from Clellands start. Rydell makes a small turn right and then turns back but too late. Thompson doesn't turn overtly to the left, but drifts towards the only real line through Deer Leap - Old Hall. This is straight across Burt who had his nose alongside Thompson's door pillar. Rydell didn't block, he saw Burt and changed direction after seeing him. the first contact looks like Thompson on Burt, after Rydell corrected his move.

I would not say it was malicious though.

Track reference
http://www.motorsportvision.co ... /oulton-circuit-large.pdf
I blame Tommo too, Rydell moved right slightly, and Burt was aware of that too, Thompson was not. The fact Rydell didn't have hard contact with Burt shows that they were holding a steady line.
:::I say Burt's fault. Where did he think he was going to fit?
Rydell's fault imo. He moves across, forcing ? into getting off the throttle.
However ? chooses not to lift . In fact they're all to blame. "Racing Incident"
All drivers could have done something to avoid that from happening, none of them did.
Car on the right didn't hold line. It's a straight, not a turn, there is no significant overlap rule. If someone chooses to turn into my front quarter on a straight, it's their loss.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Car on the right didn't hold line. It's a straight, not a turn, there is no significant overlap rule. If someone chooses to turn into my front quarter on a straight, it's their loss.

The first turn plunges away to the right after the crest of the hill, and is almost a blind entry. There is really only one line to take from Deer Leap through the very short start finish straight - which isn't quite straight - to Old Hall corner (T1)

The head on camera foreshortens things somewhat, and is off to the side, so doesn't give a true picture of the positions. The view from Clelands car gives a better indication, but we don't see far enough up the road to see where everybody wants to go.

And no, there is no overlap rule in BTCC, and at the end of the day is a typical T1 incident.

BTCC Blame Game - EPISODE FOUR
(80 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG