The online racing simulator
She's into the kitchen that fast? Sir, you have got yourself a keeper!
you should get her a lovely ankle bracelet so that you can tell when she's out of her "office". the only time that should happen is when she's looking to be lone ranger'd. or He-Man'd but that's a different story.
Quote from BlueFlame :To be honest, anyone who believes they love their partner and doesn't get married are cowards with commitment issues.

You're so full of shit it's unbelievable.
Quote from Jakg :You're so full of shit it's unbelievable.

it's your choice to believe him or not. but to say he's full of shit and then add sweet feck all to the convo is just making you look like a troll. a poor one at that.
I'm probably the most insulted person on this forum. Don't see no red cards flying around, you should feel lucky.

Real men get married and don't cheat. You don't hurt a woman when it can be avoided, mentally or physically.

Since the beginning of time it's unwritten human-law to get married to the one you love. People who don't want to get married are people who are afraid of hard work, dedication, commitment, effort and the true nature of love.

Love is where you wake up next to her and you're not thinking about how hot she is, but how fun and caring she is, how much she means to you, mentally, not just lustfully or to feel better than others because you believe your girl to be better than others.

Love is where you ACTUALLY get annoyed by them during the day but when you go to bed and hold them, it doesn't matter anymore.

Just cos you think their hot and they give good head doesn't mean you're in love. Hence the reason you don't want to be married.

When you find love in its entire, you WILL want to be married. If you're not married, to other people you're fair game cos you haven't got a ring on your finger. Being married isn't being whipped, it's showing the world that you're dedicated to one lover ONLY, and this is the biggest statement two people in love can ever make.

Sure bitches take money when divorcing you, and men cheat but just because others do it, doesn't mean it's ok for you to do it. (and by what you say kev, is the impression you're giving off)

People stab children and have sexual intercourse with sheep but I'm not constantly assuming that my partner will start doing it and I won't decide to do it just because other people have done previously.

TL;DR
Men and women bitch about being married but the bottom line is, they love each other more than people who never marry will ever know.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm probably the most insulted person on this forum. Don't see no red cards flying around, you should feel lucky.

If I had a nickel for every time you said something stupid, I'd be able to buy off the mods and avoid the red.
Quote from RiseAgainstMe! :If I had a nickel for every time you said something stupid, I'd be able to buy off the mods and avoid the red.

I lol'd
think of Blueflame as O.J. Simpson. you might not agree with the stuff he says/does, but you understand.
(Chris Rock joke FTW!)
Quote from dadge :think of Blueflame as O.J. Simpson. you might not agree with the stuff he says/does, but you understand.
(Chris Rock joke FTW!)

wut-chu-sayin 'bout OJ foo'?
Quote from PMD9409 :She's into the kitchen that fast? Sir, you have got yourself a keeper!

Got myself a keeper too. I get home from work at 3:30 and she is cooking dinner in the kitchen. She leaves for work at 4:30 and doesn't even get to eat the dinner

Today since it is the weekend, she goes to work earlier. She made lunch for me (and the kids) and left for work. Life is good!
Quote from BlueFlame :To be honest, anyone who believes they love their partner and doesn't get married are cowards with commitment issues. Marriage means alot to women (and some men).

I know my girlfriend is a little different to most women...but thats complete bullshit. EVERYONE is different.

My gf doesn't want to get married any time soon, if at all. Simply because the cost of putting on a ceremony/honeymoon/ring etc can be better off spent on something to actually IMPROVE our lives. (IE; Deposit on a house)

Marriage does nothing, its spending money on something that isn't needed, awesome a piece of paper says we're together forever....why couldnt we say that to each other without putting said names on a piece of paper, and paying $5000 for an engagement ring.
Quote from BlueFlame :Why are you even together then? Time and money IS wasted, but not if you love them. Why do you stay with her then if you believe you'll cheat on her or relationship will end anyway? What happened to faith? Faith in your own feelings and those in her?

I've never cheated on my girlfriend, and I wouldn't either. Her brother got married when we'd been together a couple of years, then he had a kid (his name is Jasper, he's mega bright, he's now 7 and he's a good friend of mine, I've been babysitting him since he was born), last summer he started an affair with a woman at work and now he's separated from his wife. His kid is now doing weird shit like licking his hands to make them sore, and sucking the neck of his T-shirt until the whole front of his shirt is soaking wet. Yay marriage.

Quote from BlueFlame :I think marriage is important step into adulthood, especially when a child is involved.

See above. My two best friends from childhood have kids now. One got married quite early and then had a daughter (who is great fun - again I am good friends with her), then his wife ran off with the drummer in his band. Thankfully his daughter has dealt with it all quite well, he's divorced now despite going into the relationship with the best of intentions.

My other friend has a little boy who's the same age (10), he and his wife got married when the boy was 7. I was his best man and his boy - again a good friend - shadowed me through the whole ceremony. They only got married because the boy was coming to them with questions from his school mates about surnames and so on. They're still a happy couple but they were fine before they got married, it hasn't benefitted them at all. They only got married to save Ben from playground nonsense.

I don't have any kids, although I am 'ridiculous Uncle Kev' to many other peoples' kids, and my own nephew (who is hilarious himself). I have decided I'm never having kids and I'm never getting married. That's my choice.

If you think that makes me a coward then I can only recommend that you come to York one day to give me the opportunity to pull your stupid little head from your shoulders in person.
Quote from thisnameistaken :

#1 His kid is now doing weird shit like licking his hands to make them sore, and sucking the neck of his T-shirt until the whole front of his shirt is soaking wet. Yay marriage.

#2 If you think that makes me a coward then I can only recommend that you come to York one day to give me the opportunity to pull your stupid little head from your shoulders in person.

#1 I think that probably has something to do with drugs to be honest, eitherway sounds like he has ADHD or something, which has nothing to do with the fact his parents were married or not. Broken home is a broken child. Marriage doesn't MAKE people cheat, just as-much as it STOPS people from cheating.

If you love someone you won't have any problems at all with marrying them (assuming you're at a decent age to do so [over 20]).

#2 Resorting to threats of physical violence, hmm, remenants of somebodies arguement withering away because they don't have a leg to stand on springs to mind.

To me, a liar is a coward, if you lie you aren't facing the concequences of the truth, hence why I shall call you a coward.

If you LOVE somebody, you will get married. If you don't wanna get married to them, you don't love them enough. So then you're lying by saying you love them at all. You wouldn't get married to someone you DIDN'T love. That is the point. Marriage is something you think about over a year or so. If you and your partner have been together for 10years or however long you said it was, it's time to take it to the final step. If you can't, you're obviously waiting for something better to come along.

Also, enough with the 'time and money' shit. You spend time and money on the woman you love anyway, that's what relationships do, they sap your time and money why would it pain you to go the extra mile, make the ultimate commitment to the person you love, make that step between an adolescent relationship and an loving adult life.

Eitherway, registry office marriage doesn't cost much. You don't have to have a grand wedding like on a movie.

As I said before, just because people get divorced and split up after spending money on a big wedding, doesn't mean it's automatically set out to be the same. Have some belief in yourself, and more importantly the integrity of the relationship you have with the woman/man you love.

I'm not exactly against people not getting married, but if you can't make that jump, how are you supposed to live the rest of your lives together?

It's like family, you get ****ed off with them, they get ****ed off with you, but you let it slide cos they're family. When married it's the same, you have a base to build up from, if you're not married you don't have anything to work from and can easily (from financial and lawful POV) just leave each other over-night.
you both have a immature and over-simplified view of marriage.
More like from one extreme to another, and not realizing people have different opinions on things, even when it comes to something as "big" as marriage.
it's not worth a long discussion. marriage is not for everybody, but social norms sometimes force people into marriages that are destined to fail. Blueflame's ideology is what causes teenagers to get married and have kids too early, which is a formula for divorce and broken families. They're 'in love' and so of course must get married and have kids. Wrong.
I knew I should've got married to that girl in kindergarten, my first love. :lovies3d:

Quote from thisnameistaken :I've never cheated on my girlfriend, and I wouldn't either. Her brother got married when we'd been together a couple of years, then he had a kid (his name is Jasper, he's mega bright, he's now 7 and he's a good friend of mine, I've been babysitting him since he was born), last summer he started an affair with a woman at work and now he's separated from his wife. His kid is now doing weird shit like licking his hands to make them sore, and sucking the neck of his T-shirt until the whole front of his shirt is soaking wet. Yay marriage.

See above. My two best friends from childhood have kids now. One got married quite early and then had a daughter (who is great fun - again I am good friends with her), then his wife ran off with the drummer in his band. Thankfully his daughter has dealt with it all quite well, he's divorced now despite going into the relationship with the best of intentions.

My other friend has a little boy who's the same age (10), he and his wife got married when the boy was 7. I was his best man and his boy - again a good friend - shadowed me through the whole ceremony. They only got married because the boy was coming to them with questions from his school mates about surnames and so on. They're still a happy couple but they were fine before they got married, it hasn't benefitted them at all. They only got married to save Ben from playground nonsense.

I don't have any kids, although I am 'ridiculous Uncle Kev' to many other peoples' kids, and my own nephew (who is hilarious himself). I have decided I'm never having kids and I'm never getting married. That's my choice.

If you think that makes me a coward then I can only recommend that you come to York one day to give me the opportunity to pull your stupid little head from your shoulders in person.

Kev:

Can you be my Uncle Kev too. I want to be able to say that my uncle has more effects pedals than The Edge himself.
Quote from BlueFlame :#1 I think that probably has something to do with drugs to be honest,

i think you'll find that there's a higher chance that it's a nervous reaction from someone suffering from stress. could be getting a touch of bullying. could be finding it difficult making new friends. could even just be puberty. but one thing it isn't, drugs.
Quote from BlueFlame :If you LOVE somebody, you will get married. If you don't wanna get married to them, you don't love them enough.

You haven't brought any logic to bear on this argument. The word 'because' is conspicuously absent from everything you have to say.
Quote from flymike91 :it's not worth a long discussion. marriage is not for everybody, but social norms sometimes force people into marriages that are destined to fail. Blueflame's ideology is what causes teenagers to get married and have kids too early, which is a formula for divorce and broken families. They're 'in love' and so of course must get married and have kids. Wrong.

That's not what I'm saying, but I can understand why it came across that way. I'm saying if you've been together for 5 years you're clearly marriage material.
Kev, can you be my uncle as well? I imagine you're quite good a fondling. :>
Marriage creates two things of which one depends on if you believe in something or not.

First, marriage is the commitment to someone in front of your God. That is the one where you have to believe in something. If you are not religious, then this means nothing to you.

The second, I don't know how it works over there, but marriage is just simply something to give you legal status for tax purposes. Nothing more.

Divorce is such an easy thing to do. Thus, marriage can not be a binding commitment. You can get married today saying you are committed with your everlasting love to a woman, and tomorrow wake up and file for divorce. If you marry for the religious reasons, then it says something about how religious you are if you choose to divorce for anything but extreme reasons (think abuse.) Thus, divorce is merely a legal aspect, of which is so easy to do and done so often that it makes that "commitment" of marriage a joke. You can wake up the following day and have a fight with the one you marry and work it out with your "commitment" or you can wake up the next day and think, "Hmm, she wore socks while we shagged, that's weird, I'm outta here..."

There is no legal commitment with divorce being so easy to do. You can do the same whether you did the legal marriage thing or just shacked up with each other. The only difference is, you either just wake up and take all your stuff and leave, or you wake up and take half your stuff because she is going to legally get half your stuff when you leave.
The whole marridge debate is interesting. Yes, people do get married for the wrong reasons or without fully understanding each other, but some people do get married because they love each other.

Also, some people realise that marridge is nothing more than a status and don't bother with expensive weddings and what not because they don't need a ring to symbolise that they're wanting to be together for a very long time.

Myself probably won't get married but that all may change, who knows. Live each day at a time, ya know.

Post Your Girlfriend / Love Life Advice 101
(5206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG