The online racing simulator
2011 LFS World Rally Challenge
(141 posts, started )
After a successful test rally, round 1 proper will take place on Sunday 17th July at 1700 UTC, with the Rally of South City featuring 4 stages.

The same rules as the test rally will apply, although you will be able to change your car. If you signed up for the test rally, there is no need to sign up again. Round 1 layouts are attached (as well as the test rally ones for anyone who wants them), and servers will be online shortly.

Servers: WRC.Stage 1, 2, 3 & 4 - see below for links
Password: will be sent out at the weekend
Restrictions: 5% on RB4, all cars must carry a passenger!
Tracker:
www.newdimensionracing.com/rally
Date: Sunday 17th July
Time: 1700 UTC (should be finished before the GT2 Test race)
Layouts:
are attached below or can be found on each server
Penalties:
all LFS penalties will stand, with 60s added for no restriction on RB4/no passenger/each reset on a stage
  1. Stage 1 online

2. Stage 2 online
  3. Stage 3 online
  4. Stage 4 online
Replays--------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

We have been planning on running a LFS WRC event, with TBO cars, and layouts on multiple servers for a while now. Phil Diaz has been making layouts, I have been changing the MoE tracker to work with autocross stages, and others have been testing the stage layouts that we're planning to use - now we need some competitors to test out the whole system!
Attached files
SO6X_WRC_1_SS.lyt - 1.5 KB - 761 views
SO3X_WRC_2.lyt - 4.4 KB - 583 views
SO3X_WRC_3.lyt - 2.5 KB - 672 views
SO3X_WRC_4.lyt - 4.3 KB - 669 views
LFSWRCRound0Layouts.zip - 10.1 KB - 429 views
Awesome! I have a feeling this will be great
I have a feeling loads of finn's will join and dominate the lot of us
Finland vs Sweden?

I'mma show you all that I can do better than Ken Block in WRC.
#5 - troy
Doesn't learning the layout at full speed neglect one of the key points in rallying, actually not knowing how the thing feels while you go full throttle?

I would really like to see something where you need to drive from someone's notes on a layout you never drove before or only get the chance to drive it once with pit speed limiter on and take notes yourself.
Just tried BL3X one and took pictures. I managed 2:29 with 8 second penalties and 2:30 with no penalties. I don't hardly do rally, so i don't know if thats a good time or not.

Heres screens for those curious but too lazy to load up lfs and peek. Very nice idea Although one thing i'm confused about on this lyt. Are we supposed to go full throttle over the last huge jump? When ever i do, i hit the signs sometimes and it gives penalties.
Attached images
LFS 2011-05-19 00-47-26-14.jpg
LFS 2011-05-19 00-47-41-17.jpg
LFS 2011-05-19 00-48-01-32.jpg
no % needed for fxo? anyway nice idea.
in
After signup, is it possible to change the car? I think my RB4 might be slower
Quote from aroX123 :After signup, is it possible to change the car? I think my RB4 might be slower

Highly doubt that
FXO

Quote from troy :Doesn't learning the layout at full speed neglect one of the key points in rallying, actually not knowing how the thing feels while you go full throttle?

I would really like to see something where you need to drive from someone's notes on a layout you never drove before or only get the chance to drive it once with pit speed limiter on and take notes yourself.

limiter in a tbo? u got more then me ?
Quote from troy :Doesn't learning the layout at full speed neglect one of the key points in rallying, actually not knowing how the thing feels while you go full throttle?

Problem with that is... Phil would pwn :|
He makes the layouts so he would no the track better than anybody

Like Joe says, that would give the layout creator, or anyone who helped test the layouts, an advantage. Some bits of the layout are pretty tricky, and you kinda need to know what to do before going at it full speed.

For the test rally though I want as many people as possible to do the stages, you don't want to scare everyone away by just giving them pacenotes An interesting idea for the future though...

Quote from Sueycide_FD :Although one thing i'm confused about on this lyt. Are we supposed to go full throttle over the last huge jump? When ever i do, i hit the signs sometimes and it gives penalties.

The signs are after the finish line so shouldn't give any penalties, show a replay

Quote from Rudy van Buren :no % needed for fxo? anyway nice idea.

Apparently it gets owned on the rally stuff but makes up for it on the tarmac We'll see what it's like after the test rally.

Quote from aroX123 :After signup, is it possible to change the car? I think my RB4 might be slower

Yeah just let me know, though for the test rally it doesn't really matter which one you choose, you can change before R1.
We tried it once, Butz went round in a UF1 I think and made some notes then tried to be co-driver for Adam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BoCWYpiMAA

I think this was the first of my Silly Ideas (TM), there are more
Quote from Bean0 :We tried it once, Butz went round in a UF1 I think and made some notes then tried to be co-driver for Adam....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BoCWYpiMAA

I think this was the first of my Silly Ideas (TM), there are more

Ha, that's a long layout I made for AS4, you kinda need to have a look at the autocross editor as there's quite a few route checkers and obviously you missed one
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Just tried BL3X one and took pictures. I managed 2:29 with 8 second penalties and 2:30 with no penalties. I don't hardly do rally, so i don't know if thats a good time or not.

Heres screens for those curious but too lazy to load up lfs and peek. Very nice idea Although one thing i'm confused about on this lyt. Are we supposed to go full throttle over the last huge jump? When ever i do, i hit the signs sometimes and it gives penalties.

+1

I did 2:26.03 on BL3X

E: Now 2:23.11

Since we aren't professional rally drivers I think we should cut each other some slack. This isn't backwoods driving, but on Blackwood (lol), Westhill, and other LFS tracks.

However for the real series idea, the layouts would only come available a few days (up to a week) in advance, that also comes with a video (youtube) of incar driving on each layout with pacenotes.

Also if you guys think I have an unfair advantage, suggest another idea, or I can just sit out and admin.

Remember this is just a test event, so any ideas to make it more appealing and fun is what we are looking for.
Why it not would be as Rally Sprint?
Quote from PMD9409 :Since we aren't professional rally drivers I think we should cut each other some slack. This isn't backwoods driving, but on Blackwood (lol), Westhill, and other LFS tracks.

However for the real series idea, the layouts would only come available a few days (up to a week) in advance, that also comes with a video (youtube) of incar driving on each layout with pacenotes.

Also if you guys think I have an unfair advantage, suggest another idea, or I can just sit out and admin.

Remember this is just a test event, so any ideas to make it more appealing and fun is what we are looking for.

u have been talking about this for a long time, wouldnt like to see you end up as a admin while others enjoy your idea!
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Why it not would be as Rally Sprint?

Looked into it, but those don't normally start with a Superstage like WRC, which is what we are doing. Plus WRC looks more attractive.

Quote from Rudy van Buren :u have been talking about this for a long time, wouldnt like to see you end up as a admin while others enjoy your idea!

If it makes anyone feel better, the people who test the layouts have driven them more than me.
Quote from Rudy van Buren :u have been talking about this for a long time, wouldnt like to see you end up as a admin while others enjoy your idea!

Definitely, you need to race

The video/pacenotes sounds like a good idea, as does only releasing the layouts close to the event date.
Think you misunderstood phil, we said you would have an advantage IF there was to be no laps allowed on the layouts etc, buy since people are free to practice everybody is in the same boat. So you are driving.
Okay, will also include a mp3 incase someone wants to listen to the pacenotes while they drive the layout.

Remember you only get one attempt at each stage during the event, penalties count etc. So even with practice it doesn't make it easy at all.

Joe ask Teemu about my "feeling guilty" routine, works everytime!

(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG