The online racing simulator
2011 LFS World Rally Challenge
(141 posts, started )
Really cool idea. Good luck, everybody.
Quote from PMD9409 :Okay, will also include a mp3 incase someone wants to listen to the pacenotes while they drive the layout.

Remember you only get one attempt at each stage during the event, penalties count etc. So even with practice it doesn't make it easy at all.

Joe ask Teemu about my "feeling guilty" routine, works everytime!

Can We have a SuperRally Rule?
i wanto switch car
If admins do this correctly I think this Rally challenge will be great fun.
I cant wait
Quote from rockclan :Some WRC kind of layout I made yesterday.

This ain't no ****ing layout thread
Quote from JackDaMaster :This ain't no ****ing layout thread

Just thought to share my WRC layout with other fanatics.
Servers should be up tonight, remember that the test is this coming Sunday.
should be exciting
suuuppperr stoked!! should be way fun... so far on special stage 2 xrt ive got a 2:02:43... whats fast time there so far?
boothy... may i change my car to rb4 plz
Quote from IceMan31x :boothy... may i change my car to rb4 plz

Done, remember that it needs 5% and all cars need a passenger

As for servers, they are all up (server 3 may go down on Saturday if required for LFSCART though), so make sure you have done all the layouts
I'd like to enter but, might not have the whole evening free.
A couple of questions if I may:
  1. Any predictions as to how late it will go on?
  2. When do entries close?
  3. I don't have a team, so will "Independent" be ok?
  4. Number? As above so "00"?
Sounds like it will be great, and even if I can't make it this weekend, I'll at least try for another.
1. take how many sign ups there is a day before the event and multiply that around about 220, add a : between second and third number then add about 10 minutes of warming-up and other etc business and you get about how long it will take. So right now it would take about a hour and 10 minutes
Well, we have 27 signups. The super special is first, so there should be 2 people going off every 2 mins. In the rest of the stages, a car goes off every minute.

So for the first person, it'll be: total time to drive each stage (<10mins) + time moving between servers (<5mins). For each person after that, it'll be a case of adding the additional time waiting for the gap between each person. Say you're 10th in line, that'll be the 5th SS1 race, so a ~10 min wait. So basically, it depends on how many people turn up, but I wouldn't think it'd take more than a hour or so.

2. Entries close when the rally starts, as I need to get you the password and after that I won't really check the forum.
3. Whatever, only the username is required to track you in the rally
4. If you wish
Quote from Sueycide_FD :...

You're funny, and right it seems

Quote from boothy :... So basically, it depends on how many people turn up, but I wouldn't think it'd take more than a hour or so.

Sounds good.
Quote :
2. Entries close when the rally starts, as I need to get you the password and after that I won't really check the forum.

Ok cheers, I should know well before then.
Quote :
3. Whatever, only the username is required to track you in the rally

Heheh! I had to ask
Quote :
4. If you wish

Cool too.
Quote from boothy :So basically, it depends on how many people turn up, but I wouldn't think it'd take more than a hour or so.

Me (Poldy1603) and Jonathon.Provost will have to leave the test rally if it is not finished at 6:10.

I hope this isnt to much of a probely, if any
6pm BST? The rally starts at that time, so you may as well not turn up if you need to leave straight away. We tried to schedule this away from any other events, what is this clashing with if you don't mind me asking?
Quote from boothy :6pm BST? The rally starts at that time, so you may as well not turn up if you need to leave straight away. We tried to schedule this away from any other events, what is this clashing with if you don't mind me asking?

This is clashing with the Ident-Racing Touring Car Cup Race 4
#47 - CSF
Quote from Squelch :You're funny, and right it seems

An American female using her brain? Yes a pig just flew by your window.
Small tracker test seemed to work well tonight. So looking good going into Sunday.

I think you guys will be surprised on how fast the whole event will take. Once we get fully started, I doubt it will take more than a hour.
I suggest to make start grid as starting numbers from 0 to up. So every people can know who is after and before, less change to make any mess.

Then when this is over, then making Start Grid as from points, then numbers

2011 LFS World Rally Challenge
(141 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG