The online racing simulator
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Looking back now, yes. At the time, no.

At the time Iraq had no al Qaeda terrorists, and absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. The "evidence" that they had WMD's was very sketchy to say the least, and the American and British security services knew that.

The whole thing was a sham from day 1, and most of the rest of the world were sensible enough not to join the coalition because they recognised that fact.
Quote from The Moose :At the time Iraq had no Al Qaeda terrorists, and absolutely nothing to do with 9/11. The "evidence" that they had WMD's was very sketchy to say the least, and the American and British security services knew that.

The whole thing was a sham from day 1, and most of the rest of the world were sensible enough not to join the coalition because they recognised that fact.

So what did they gain from invading iraq then? Have they actually taken any oil? Reality is, you don't know anything, i don't know anything, no-one has any information on why we really invaded iraq.

Ok so they sussed us in irag, whats the reason for them sitting on their arses this time? Or are we just supposed to sit back and let the nutters do what they like whilst they come up withn the master plan?
It was just an excuse to America to flex it military muscle. For Bush Jr to finish off the job his dad failed to do and get rid of Saddam They had been waiting for an excuse to do it and this was the perfect opportunity.

They expected it to be over in a matter of days/weeks and to send out a message to the terrorist groups that you "Don't mess with America/The West" (even though Iraq hadn't messed with America ) and to try and show the American public that they were "doing something"

I don't think there was anything more to it than that. Oil had nothing to do with it.

It had nothing to do with Iraq being a threat to the world, and nothing to do with terrorists, which was clear to see for virtually every other major country in the world, hence their refusal to get involved.

Anyhow..this is getting off topic.

Osama dead. I agree with Nitro. It's a nothing story. Changes nothing, apart from it being more likely that we have a major terrorist attack in the next few months.
Woo, US people all over the place in this thread... oh wait.

4 heli's were flown in, only 3 left. One was apparantly "destroyed". No US ops were injured during it all. The 4th heli apparantly had a flight control problem. Interesting.

Also, is it Usama or Osama? Because I only see Usama on the news.
FYEAH !! About time they found the man!
Thread title should of been "Osama Bin Found".
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Ok so they sussed us in irag, whats the reason for them sitting on their arses this time? Or are we just supposed to sit back and let the nutters do what they like whilst they come up withn the master plan?

Yes. The goal of terrorism is to strike fear into the heart and mind of the enemy... The paranoia you display in this thread leads me to believe it already succeeded with you...

And no, no "war against terrorism" will do any good as violence will breed just more violence (see Israel for a perfect example, that's going on for over half a century and not a sign it will stop anytime soon)...
Quote from PMD9409 :Also, is it Usama or Osama? Because I only see Usama on the news.

It's a transliteration error. They're both pretty much equally correct.
#60 - DeKo
Quote from PMD9409 :Woo, US people all over the place in this thread... oh wait.

4 heli's were flown in, only 3 left. One was apparantly "destroyed". No US ops were injured during it all. The 4th heli apparantly had a flight control problem. Interesting.

Also, is it Usama or Osama? Because I only see Usama on the news.

There isn't an actual translation into English from the Arabic name, so some say Usama, or Osama, Usammah, Bin Laden, Bin Ladin etc...
Quote from PMD9409 :4 heli's were flown in, only 3 left. One was apparantly "destroyed". No US ops were injured during it all. The 4th heli apparantly had a flight control problem. Interesting.

The 4th helicopter crashed with mechanical difficulties and the ops guys blew it up to prevent it falling into enemy hands. Apparently.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :It's a transliteration error. They're both pretty much equally correct.

Quote from DeKo :There isn't an actual translation into English from the Arabic name, so some say Usama, or Osama, Usammah, Bin Laden, Bin Ladin etc...

Gotcha and gotcha. After seeing "Osama" for all those years, it was weird seeing "Usama".
Quote from DarkTimes :The 4th helicopter crashed with mechanical difficulties and the ops guys blew it up to prevent it falling into enemy hands. Apparently.

Which translated to English means it took some pounding from Osama's defence and had to perform emergency landing. It's almost unbelievable how much money and resources US dedicated to kill one man whose death doesn't solve anything...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :It's not the taliban we're concerned about, it's Al Qaeda.

Taliban/Al Qaeda is a blanket term used by the media for anyone who is fighting against us in the middle east. Here is a dirty little secret, there are many tribes that have been fighting each other for years. They will continue to fight with us gone. But the media will address them all as Taliban/Al Qaeda, most tribes hate both groups and hate being associated with them. But having a list of all of the tribes would be so long and confusing the public would just lose interest altogether because every area has its own tribes fighting to keep their own bit of land. So we'd hear a different name for damn near every dead solider.

The easiest way to spot the actual Taliban and/or Al Qaeda, as opposed to a native tribe killing us is the shoes. The former will wear trainers/tennis shoes/boots, native tribes will wear sandals or go barefoot.
Quote from bbman :Yes. The goal of terrorism is to strike fear into the heart and mind of the enemy... The paranoia you display in this thread leads me to believe it already succeeded with you...

And no, no "war against terrorism" will do any good as violence will breed just more violence (see Israel for a perfect example, that's going on for over half a century and not a sign it will stop anytime soon)...

I'm not scared, it's funny you saying that though, obviously living in Austria you don't have **** all to worry about.

C'mon then Einstein, how do you get rid of terrorism without violence? Enlighten me...
#66 - Jakg
Pearcy, I think your taking this far too seriously.

The "recent" threats of terror have been overplayed by governments to control the population - the damage done (in the UK at least) by the IRA was much much worse, but people just got on with their lives. And the government certainly never tried to use it as an excuse to pass all these bullshit laws...
They will autopsy his body and prove suicide, there by preventing him from being a Martyrdom to his nutty followers.

Good riddance to a life wasted full of hate...on another note I won 10 bucks in the lottery last night.

AAnt
I'm just pissed off with armchair experts that think they know what they're going on about because they read it on the internet somewhere. Everyone is so eager to criticize but no-one ever comes up with any solutions.
I'm his hungarian relative, really.
Quote from DevilDare :One of them being you.

Read the thread again numb nuts, i pointed out a few times that in reality i or no-one else in this thread really knows anything, I'm not claiming to be able to outsmart some of the smartest most highly skilled people in the world at their job.
he aint dead.... cause i ain't dead *covers beard and hate for the US of gay*
Quote from AtomAnt :They will autopsy his body and prove suicide, there by preventing him from being a Martyrdom to his nutty followers.

Good riddance to a life wasted full of hate...on another note I won 10 bucks in the lottery last night.

AAnt

How can you autopsy a body that is at the bottom of the sea? They disposed of it minutes after claiming to have killed him.

Osama Bin Ladens body has been found.
(265 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG