The online racing simulator
@missing walls, "holes" in barriers etc

Guys, it has been answered already

Quote from Scawen :That would be easy to fix with a track update (that would cause incompatibility) but it's not easy to add things to fix these without a track update. I am assuming that people who create layouts will close these holes themselves. We'll check future track releases to make sure their open configs work well.

Quote from sermilan :@missing walls, "holes" in barriers etc

Guys, it has been answered already

But we want get sure that scawen knows were are all the holes. Anyone want to make a list?
Well, this isn't actually a bug, but a further request:
Is it possible to remove those tyre-stacks (and actually the cones too) underneath the highway in SO?

As you can see on the screenie, the area is perfectly drivable, so that won't be a limitation ...

Thanks for trying
Attached images
so_open.jpg
Quote from avetere :Well, this isn't actually a bug, but a further request:
Is it possible to remove those tyre-stacks (and actually the cones too) underneath the highway in SO?

As you can see on the screenie, the area is perfectly drivable, so that won't be a limitation ...

Thanks for trying

I like it. Please make his road is open.
Damn ... just those pics, I didn't click ... shame on me ...
I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but skidmarks don't render on FE for some reason. I dunno about other open configs though.
#209 - e.M
another bug - then you go by wall you hit invisible fence by that pole, if you dont touch the wall you dont hit it.
Attached images
lfs_00000045 copy.jpg
Scawen already explained this
My z30 appears to not have stayed unlocked. None of the files are read-only, I have full permissions, it's not in a "system" folder (like program files), W7 x64 HP. Windows is in test mode because I installed a non-cert driver but I don't know why that would cause it.
when i join the race after few seconds i get oos - car
can someone help me?

edit: and i dont have open configs D:
Its stupid, when you cant make open configs in DEMO
Quote from Prodeje :when i join the race after few seconds i get oos - car
can someone help me?

edit: and i dont have open configs D:

Vob mod protection?
First up, what a brilliant set of updates - Congratulations.

A mate and I like to set up gymkhana/special rally stages for each other, and the open configs plus the ability to add (more) objects to all tracks is a boon for us.

A couple of observations further to the ones already mentioned:
  1. Flags. You stated that flags would not work with the new open configs, and that is to be expected, but pit lane infractions are still working, and from my pov, are a hindrance - BL pit lane makes some nice tight complexes - Any chance these could be removed for open configs too?
  2. Run off areas. Some of the run off areas that are now accessible do not have a surface as already noted. Apart from the most obviously wrong ones close to the track, I believe some can be left where they are so obviously out of bounds. Places like the BL lake (why drive there?) and further into the tress beside the lake for example. I hope this will save you some work, and prevent a premature track update (although track updates are always welcome)
  3. South City roundabout: It would be smashing if you do the same trick with the barriers under the bridge that you did with Blackwood chicane. This section has already been proved to be drivable, and just needs your magic to remove the barriers in open configs - Pretty please?
  4. Suggestion - Tape: The missing barriers and some of the aforementioned surface less areas could be masked off with dayglo tape a la rally stages. It would simply indicate "here be dragons - don't go here" without any further major work. The tape could be a simple editor object with no collision attributes, and a simple visual surface texture section of the same length as barriers, that editors can use to mask off areas.
I hope the last point meets agreement with everyone else, and it would be easy to implement. Overall the test patch looks to be a success so far and I look forward to the future improvements.
Quote from PoVo :That's fine, you don't fly away, just a push back...

+1, i think that looks pretty good to me.
Quote from Xenix74 :I can live with that, no one crash the barrier in that way durring races

Robert Kubica might disagree with you there.

The improved barrier collisions are so much better despite that anomaly when hit end on or at a strongly oblique angle. I think the later has much to do with the current tyre contact patch model, that tends to climb objects rather than bounce off.
Good job with the patch ScaViEr! I've just benchmarked z28 with z30 using the Unofficial LFS Benchmark replay & gone from 71fps to 81fps, a gain of ~14%, great stuff! Thanks again.

EDIT: Thats actually the 'max' figures, the average fps went from 52 to 58, an ~11% increase.
Scawen, i installed and extracted it all. The only thing who doesent work is the open track thing, it's still the same for me. Shift + u mode and no-bug-barrier works. What have i done wrong?

Thanks in advance
Does it say Z30 at the bottom of the first screen you see when you open the game?
Quote from Mango Juice :Does it say Z30 at the bottom of the first screen you see when you open the game?

Yep.

"Live For Speed 0.5Z30"
Are you holding down 'ctrl' at the track selection screen? Open tracks aren't visible by default.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG