The online racing simulator
In the programming, yes. As for actual day to day running of reviewing and dealing with reports. Many a weekend day have been spent doing that for all of us former CTRA admins.

Have fun with your knockoff. It'll never be as great or as widespread. Heck, your main S2 server layout is all wrong.
@dawesdust

If you are being sarcastic about the role of women in (most) societies, you are very, very good at it. You are making an even bigger fool out of yourself (I believe it is called trolling) but still quite clever.
If you want to share your opinion on such matter, go find yourself a kitchen-based forum where you can debate the situation in which your GF will dump you
It would be nice (for me at least) to check this forum and find relevant posts next to each other and not hidden in this amount of c**p.
And yes, you actually got me to reply for the worst possible reason to a topic that I've been following since post #1. As you may see, I don't like to post that much, at least on this forum - too many, how should I say, people like you

I can't wait for the patch to come out because it means that many of my friends will probably start racing again and I can have fun more often
This is nice yes.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Also: I choose to race under a different account, one that isn't connected to my forum account. I'd rather not disclose it, as you'll just ban me from your shitty servers and I'll haffto go buy another S2 account.

i think its sad that you dont have the courage of your own convictions and have to hide behind a ghost account to post here in fear of getting banned from game servers now keep this thread on topic please as you seem to have enough testosterone for all of us , you also seem to have more money than sense as well , but hey ho the mods of this forum know what they want here ,i am awaiting mod intervention with baited breath.
oh nice, my country is run by a woman too :/

open tracks, sounds like best thing so far :P
Quote from dawesdust_12 :And look how the UK and Germany are doing (did)?

Your trolling is honestly unacceptable. The roles of society have been defined for hundreds of years, and you come in here and try to say that society has been wrong? I think you are just here to spur a debate which does not need to be had. This isn't the place for it! Go join a feminist rally if that's what you believe.

However feminists are a joke. They want equality, but then you punch a feminist.. and now you've magically hit a woman. They want their cake and to eat it too. It needs to be one way or the other. They either stay in the kitchen and cook for me... or they can be treated as an equal and compete in physical and mental competitions with men (as humans). However they try to be on both sides. If they think they'll lose, then they want to be seperated.

Also: I choose to race under a different account, one that isn't connected to my forum account. I'd rather not disclose it, as you'll just ban me from your shitty servers and I'll haffto go buy another S2 account.

Your opinion is to pathetic. The masterkey for a good relationship is respect. It seems to be you got none of that. Work on your attitude, makes life so much easier
#932 - BMB
I am just wondering about tracks with two pits, which one (or both ) will be the active in open configuration?
Quote from BMB :I am just wondering about tracks with two pits, which one (or both ) will be the active in open configuration?

Here you have, in this same page...

Quote from dawesdust_12 :That's the point. AS5X = Open track using AS5's pitlane. BL2Y = Open track using Blackwood RallyX Reverse pitlane. KY1X = KY Oval Pits with Open track.

Quote from BMB :I am just wondering about tracks with two pits, which one (or both ) will be the active in open configuration?

The one that you have choosen the starting grids too.
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463 : :|
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The roles of society have been defined for hundreds of years, and you come in here and try to say that society has been wrong?

Are you saying that everything done in a society is necessarily right because it is done by a majority?

This indeed isn't the place, but my rationality alarm just went mad. Sorry.

Feminists are the overkill counter balance, tipping a scale of equality that sometimes wouldn't need any more balancing. The step ahead is men's right groups, again counter balancing with too much force. The problem is that you can't put all men into one side of the balance, and all women on the other. People just don't work that way. Saying all women should stay in the kitchen is as ridiculous as saying all men should hold position of power.

Also, pretending someone's job is well done or badly done solely based on their gender is stupid, and missing the point.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The roles of society have been defined for hundreds of years, and you come in here and try to say that society has been wrong?

There is a pretty good chance that if society suggests something, or if a majority want something, or if most people believe something (other than facts), then they are wrong.
Did u get bored to talk about useful things ? there is an Off Topic section in this forum. The more you all annoy Scawen with pointless thing the slower he is going to do things and less stuff he is going to fix. Also if u don't play just comment on this forum next time u want to say something "smart" keep it to yourself, go play and then comment.
This last 3 pages made me laugh and feel sad at the same time.
Quote from Amynue :What would you choose?

I rather want the new tyre physics then the Scirocco so I'm pleased

Edit: Why does this forum never send me to the right page when I click the link D:

Also Scawen, just out of curiosity. Will this new way of handling tracks add the possibility for a Nordschleife or any other type of venue that was impossible before, any time in the future?
just wondering if this is also possible.. when you get a penalty its in the middle of the screen (where splits are) just wondering if it could be moved into a box on the right under the mini map saying 30/45/DT/SG or something

many thanks
Quote from pärtan :Also Scawen, just out of curiosity. Will this new way of handling tracks add the possibility for a Nordschleife or any other type of venue that was impossible before, any time in the future?

While we don't even know if there were any talks to get real circuits other than Rockingham in LFS, I doubt there were many, and that was mainly for licensing reasons. Well known places like the Nordschleife hardly need the promotion, so they would see it as potential financial gain, aka make Scavier pay for the track.

Other less known places might want the promotion, though (wink wink Mont Tremblant, Scawen :tilt
Quote from boosterfire :While we don't even know if there were any talks to get real circuits other than Rockingham in LFS, I doubt there were many, and that was mainly for licensing reasons. Well known places like the Nordschleife hardly need the promotion, so they would see it as potential financial gain, aka make Scavier pay for the track.

Other less known places might want the promotion, though (wink wink Mont Tremblant, Scawen :tilt

Well, I do remember someone or someones saying that one of the reasons the Nordschleife couldn't be added was because the LFS rendering engine couldn't support it (or something like that). The financial issue I think the community would pay back for to be quite honest. There is a topic in the improvement suggestions category with a poll. There is number there of how many people who would be willing to pay for a license with the Nordschleife. I'm not trying to rush things here though Right now it's more important to release the test patch, Scirocco, Rockingham and the new tyre physics.

Edit: Hmm, only 60 people voted for that in the Nordschleife poll though :/
Quote from pärtan :Well, I do remember someone or someones saying that one of the reasons the Nordschleife couldn't be added was because the LFS rendering engine couldn't support it (or something like that). The financial issue I think the community would pay back for to be quite honest. There is a topic in the improvement suggestions category with a poll. There is number there of how many people who would be willing to pay for a license with the Nordschleife. I'm not trying to rush things here though Right now it's more important to release the test patch, Scirocco, Rockingham and the new tyre physics.

Edit: Hmm, only 60 people voted for that in the Nordschleife poll though :/

Personally I'd be willing to put in a few bucks to get the Nordschleife. There might have been engine limitations, but I don't recall hearing about them. Besides, the old reason why open tracks "weren't possible" was also because of "engine limitations", but it turns out that it's actually "engine limitation until Scawen gets to it". In theory, I guess it is possible (we have the technology).

The Nordschleife would be a tremendous undertaking, though. To give it the same process that Rockingham got, with the precision rendering laser thingy would probably be not a lone man's job.
#944 - BMB
Quote from Whiskey :Here you have, in this same page...

dammit, I lost myself in soo many off topic replies about women, preconceptions about women and society, that i missed that one
Quote from Tur8o :just wondering if this is also possible.. when you get a penalty its in the middle of the screen (where splits are) just wondering if it could be moved into a box on the right under the mini map saying 30/45/DT/SG or something

many thanks

Good Idea, it can be very off putting sometimes and makes the driving difficult. Rather then just moving it, putting an option for where its displayed could be helpful, I would also like the same for the split indicators.

For me I wondered why there isnt two seperate chat lines/ one for chat
one for output of LFS.

But I feel a little guilty to suggest things when batman already has a plan.

** to the people who insist on polluting this thread with nonsense**

I know I am not a mod or anyone with authority, But I hope i speak enough sense to make my feelings clear.
It seems any thread Scawen makes on progression, it gets spammed with gibberish off topic and often pointless and sometimes behaviour, that puts people off even visiting here.
It is because this is a much read thread, it is like a magnet for attention seekers.
It wastes the developers time, the mods time, other members and my own, to keep reading through it, not to mention the effect of all this/ on those just wanting to keep tabs.

Please Keep it on topic or make a new "off topic" thread or keep it to PM's
for everyone's sake and your own.
Respect the thread ! If your not going discuss the incoming patch here, or have any questions regarding it, or how it affects LFS then please don't post. lets try keep this thread tidy.

The mods shouldn't even have to get involved to keep it clean (esp the devs) if the above simple respectful rules are applied. It is common sense and respect, that is needed.

On the brighter side, great news this patch. Looking forward to testing it extensively in South City, maybe Fern Bay & Aston and more then likely Blackwood. And if the kettle is still hot, and coffee is good then probably Westhill, but Kyoto.... Well... I have a question regarding tyre physics.

@Devs
It maybe a completely psychological thing (which i do think it is), but is there any difference in the track tarmac surfaces at different venues?
Is the tarmac surface significantly different at Kyoto to say that at south city? (Kyoto just feels so different to me)
One thing that has confused me in the development of the tyre physics is how the surface is modelled. Can you shed any light on this?
Does the lighting/time of day alter any ambient track temps? (is this something your looking at introducing in a later version or maybe adjusting track temp?)

Hopefully you get time to get through to answering, if not no worries.
Keep it going
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :
On the brighter side, great news this patch. Looking forward to testing it extensively in South City, maybe Fern Bay & Aston and more then likely Blackwood. And if the kettle is still hot, and coffee is good then probably Westhill, but Kyoto.... Well... I have a question regarding tyre physics.

@Devs
It maybe a completely psychological thing (which i do think it is), but is there any difference in the track tarmac surfaces at different venues?
Is the tarmac surface significantly different at Kyoto to say that at south city? (Kyoto just feels so different to me)
One thing that has confused me in the development of the tyre physics is how the surface is modelled. Can you shed any light on this?
Does the lighting/time of day alter any ambient track temps? (is this something your looking at introducing in a later version or maybe adjusting track temp?)

Nice idea about track temps at first.
But about the Tarmac on Kyoto and South City should be complete diffrent(Notice South City is a city track and Kyoto Race track)
If you make all the surfaces the same it wont be adjusting the tyre pressure because the track is every on same surface.
The devs made South City more like a City race track instead of a normal racetrack.

No offence but South City is perfect to me, except for the usual lag
Quote from holy mate :Nice idea about track temps at first.
But about the Tarmac on Kyoto and South City should be complete diffrent(Notice South City is a city track and Kyoto Race track)
If you make all the surfaces the same it wont be adjusting the tyre pressure because the track is every on same surface.
The devs made South City more like a City race track instead of a normal racetrack.

No offence but South City is perfect to me, except for the usual lag

Small world, HAI SANDER
Quote from tristancliffe :There is a pretty good chance that if society suggests something, or if a majority want something, or if most people believe something (other than facts), then they are wrong.

Even facts are often wrong, we just don't know it yet I was once told by my Physics teacher that 90% of what we learn in school is wrong, we just don't know it yet.

...Doesn't bode well for our shitty education system. haha
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG