The online racing simulator
Quote from Intrepid :I'll miss the collisions that throw you 100 metres into the air. It's summit to do waiting for a race restart

You'll still have the end of the pitwall.
Scawen, add a path (figure 4) on autocross tracks. Car LX6, FZ5, RAC. And I would like to see is not smooth tires with texture and relief tires (with cavities on the patterns of tires) with texture mapping.

Sorry for the translation.

thank you dev team, looking forward to giving this a go.
I feel a little late to the party! Thank you for this, FPS improvements will be a help on my wheezing, steaming laptop. And the barriers - my god! Brilliant!
i TOMORROW IS FRIDAY FRIDAY GOTTA GET DOWN ON FRIDAY
Quote from broken :From what I know/remember, features as choosing width, length, etc of objects will be available in some of the patches in the future? So, I guess the wider ramp is like a temporary solution. And so will be the longer barrier.

Well we already choose the width for checkpoints, would doing the same for barriers (but length) be that much harder to code?

As long as you have a texture like this on the barrier, the length wouldn't really matter for visual purposes. Of course I don't know how Scawen has all of this coded so it could be much harder than what I am thinking.

As for the patch itself. I'm a layout guy, so this is probably the best patch I have seen since 05.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well we already choose the width for checkpoints, would doing the same for barriers (but length) be that much harder to code?

As long as you have a texture like this on the barrier, the length wouldn't really matter for visual purposes. Of course I don't know how Scawen has all of this coded so it could be much harder than what I am thinking.

As for the patch itself. I'm a layout guy, so this is probably the best patch I have seen since 05.

That texture would be much more apropiated, as LFS barriers can't move
Quote from Whiskey :That texture would be much more apropiated, as LFS barriers can't move

can you change the texture via DDS file?
Quote from mutt107 :can you change the texture via DDS file?

Yes, you can - barrier1.dds.
Quote from mutt107 :can you change the texture via DDS file?

It only applies locally which doesn't make much sense to me, it's an online simulator.
Quote from cargame.nl :It only applies locally which doesn't make much sense to me, it's an online simulator.

Would be easy enough to replace a .dds file with the upcoming patch though.
Quote from Bean0 :Would be easy enough to replace a .dds file with the upcoming patch though.

Except it's not a DDS change, it requires a change to the collision map for the track.
Arent we talking about the actual red/white barriers texture?
Quote from Whiskey :Arent we talking about the actual red/white barriers texture?

no, just a bug in fe6 in a section where the car seems to be levitating...nothing special.
Dear Scawen
Can you make shadows darker under the car? I think this is the easiest way to add visual realism. seems it is not difficult to put a dark texture just below the car and the wheels, look what I mean ..
would be even better if this shadow was in DDS and it was possible to configure its brightness
Attached images
fake.jpg
vwsci2yd2.jpg
vwsci2yd2 копия 4.jpg
Quote from CooLD :Dear Scawen
Can you make more shadow under the car? I think this is the easiest way to add visual realism. seems it is not difficult to put a dark texture just below the car and the wheels, look what I mean ..

Try the Z25/Z28 patch.
-
(CooLD) DELETED by CooLD
Quote from Flame CZE :I don't think it can be fixed and keep the test patch compatible at the same time.

Collision with immovable improved, and a small area touch up is not so difficult, if things in the code. On this site all the rally cars hanging in the air.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Except it's not a DDS change, it requires a change to the collision map for the track.

Eh?

Quote from Whiskey :Arent we talking about the actual red/white barriers texture?

Aye, like PMDs pic
Quote from Bean0 :Eh?

Aye, like PMDs pic

Oh, I thought you were talking about the FE6 bug posted above.
When this test patch is released, Is there any way I can be notified or where can I go to get it. Thanks
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG