The online racing simulator
Good news batman
Yay
Finally, good to hear something new.

I'm looking forward to masses of free track configurations...
Some good news out of this.
New patch coming?!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hah cool, looking forward to testing these open map configs
Quote from Scawen :I am going to write a thread in the programmer section, because I'd like you to have a look at the collision detection packet. ...

Of course I'll try to test/help in any way possible. I'll be watching for that thread...
Quote from Eclipsed :Just curios - will this give access to that mini oval at Fern Bay?

You can drive there as part of a larger configuration but you can't put a start grid on it, as you can only use existing grids (or the single autocross start position).

Quote from raczger :Looks very good Scawen!

Question: http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&track=south_city Here is a new part of south city on map (bottom part), you plan a new combo(if yes, in this patch?)? Thank you.

No, that new section is not opened up in this patch. It's very unfinished there, experimental and lacks barriers so you can just fall into the underworld. I don't know how far Eric will go with it in the future.
-
(Storm_Cloud) DELETED by Storm_Cloud : Question answered
Quote from Scawen :
FIX : Improved collisions with unmovable objects (red barriers)

Thanks for the update, I can't wait!

However, when you say 'improved collisions', does that mean the red barriers are still unmovable, or will they become movable too?

EDIT: Finally a REAL topic about an upcoming patch!
sounds GOOOD
+1 good stuff indeed
Thank you for the info and thanks to all developers for this patch, some great improvements coming, but how will open config work during a race when yellow/blue flags are not working?
Quote from majod :Thank you for the info and thanks to all developers for this patch, some great improvements coming, but how will open config work during a race when yellow/blue flags are not working?

I'm sure a small Insim application can be made for this.
Quote from majod :Thank you for the info and thanks to all developers for this patch, some great improvements coming, but how will open config work during a race when yellow/blue flags are not working?

Probably in the same way that they don't work and there isn't a positions list for autocross.

That is our job to find out
Scawen can you tell us more about the tyre physics progress? What is left to do or when we will be able to expect them? / This year or the next one /
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Thanks for the update, I can't wait!

However, when you say 'improved collisions', does that mean the red barriers are still unmovable, or will they become movable too?

They are still unmovable. They are not perfect - you can still get some unrealistic collisions with them, for example if you drive into their end you will probably get a strange intersection. But if you just hit them in the side, you will just bounce off them like a wall beside a track, and if you ram them they just stop you, you don't just pass through or get flung in the air.
Quote from Scawen :...

- Improved collisions with unmovable objects (e.g. red barriers)
- Open track configurations allowing you to drive anywhere
- Graphical optimisations improving frame rates
- Many other fixes and improvements

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES !!!! Very thank Scawen !

What is the problem? You just won't have a bloe flag, but your laps will increase if you follow the layouts route
Bloody awesome indeed, now I have something to look forward to when I get home from the army
Jabba!

Nice to read that, prooving that LFS devs are really working on the game
Quote from Scawen :They are still unmovable. They are not perfect - you can still get some unrealistic collisions with them, for example if you drive into their end you will probably get a strange intersection. But if you just hit them in the side, you will just bounce off them like a wall beside a track, and if you ram them they just stop you, you don't just pass through or get flung in the air.

This also applies to real walls? Like the wall between track and pit.

I had talked about this few minutes ago with a friend. We were wondering if we could still found some glitch in the collisions system to get top speeds .

Obviously, it's preferable to not have any of those glitch while racing haha
scawen how about the chicane at BL1? will the barriers be removed, same question for this at FE?
Attached images
fe.png
This thread is closed

New test patch coming soon (not VWS or S3)
(1152 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG