The online racing simulator
Prototype car with bike engine.
Quote from Mustafur :Have you guys driven the GSX-R 4 Concept

Its soo blindly fast for its PP i win races easily at 600pp even though its maxed out at 589.

plus the sound of the motorbikes 12.5k rpm is epic.

That was in GT4 IIRC.
It was also in GT3 Concept iirc
Quote from speed1230 :It was also in GT3 Concept iirc

Thats when i first used it, but im just saying that this car is the best thing i have used for PP races online by miles, its atleast 15pp better then what it claims in performance.
So, two days till GT5fest and i was wondering if my Logitech MOMO USB Racing Wheel would be compatible with PS3. Anyone know?
GT5 Fest? where?
I'm spending 3 days in my brother's dorm room specifically to get as far as I can in Gran Turismo 5.

Well, i'm also going for beer.
To your question, yes. Whether or not it's good with GT5 I have no idea. If you want to add my PSN I'll happily send you some nice cars.
Doesn't matter if it's good, we'll be shitfaced half the time anyway.

Thanks for the info!
Seems like more tracks are coming. I'm hoping that they will be free, or at least cheap.

http://www.gtplanet.net/24-new ... n-gran-turismo-5-website/

Especially looking forward to Costa di Amalfi, which was my favourite btrack in GT4, as it was beautiful and didn't get boring after hours of farming the Toyota RSC car for quick money.
Dont get your hopes high, they just found a few resized logos in a hidden directory
Quote from BurnOut69 :Dont get your hopes high, they just found a few resized logos in a hidden directory

Hence I introduced it with "seems like", and not "there are".

And on other news, I wouldn't mind if they finally starting making all cars premium, which polyphony stated somewhere they were planning to do.
Quote from ColeusRattus :
And on other news, I wouldn't mind if they finally starting making all cars premium, which polyphony stated somewhere they were planning to do.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for that one... If it's true what they said about premium cars, that it takes them six months to model one car... i don't know...

800 cars times 6 months...

I guess we'll get some new cars that are premium sometime, however, i would place a bet they won't be the standard cars that are already in the game.
Quote from jibber :I wouldn't get my hopes up for that one... If it's true what they said about premium cars, that it takes them six months to model one car... i don't know...

800 cars times 6 months...

I guess we'll get some new cars that are premium sometime, however, i would place a bet they won't be the standard cars that are already in the game.

I think you're right, perhaps with a couple of exceptions. I'd like them to replace all standard duplicates of premium cars (mx5 special editions etc) with premium versions, even if they remain in the ucd. There are also a few iconic cas that surely people are begging them to upgrade.
I would prefer if they added some of the cars from gt2 like the lotus Elise gt1 and Toyota gt one road car.
HKS Nissan Skyline R33(?) and Silvia drag car might also be nice
Could anyone send an X1 my way, just for the day?

Mr Blonde (Or mrblonde12)
plenty of us have x1s set to share, but you cant gift cars worth over 1 mil anymore. Just set my x1 to shared. I have almost 700 cars, anything else?
Bonus!

Quote :However, none of this would have been possible without you. To thank you for registering before or during week 1, please enjoy these four exclusive GT Academy XMB themes for your PlayStation® 3, and exclusive GT Academy racing suit for PlayStation® HOME. Please use these voucher code and follow the instructions below to redeem your rewards:

I registered for the US GTA, but because I don't have a US copy of the game I couldn't enter within the game, but at least I got the DLC

4 XMB themes and a racing suit for PS3 Home
-
(LineR32) DELETED by LineR32 : Found reason
V1.10 update is online in case anyone missed the memo - adds some useful stuff, but nothing game changing and DLC

380MB

Quote :Racing Gear Items
•New racing gear items consisting of helmets and suits have been implemented. These can be used by players in A-Spec, or for any of the “My Drivers” in B-Spec.
•There are plenty of variations to the racing gear items and, in addition to several sets being given out as presents when you start GT Mode, players will be able to win new ones when successful in online events. Players can also take a photo of their drivers wearing their favourite gear, and use that custom photo for a driver profile.
•For more details, please refer to “Racing Gear” under Top Menu - [Manual] – [GT Mode].

Special Online Event Campaign
•For a limited time, all event prizes will be tripled, and all cars appearing in the Online Collector’s Dealership will be brand new (0 mileage) and at half price.

Prizes for online events
•GT5 will now offer online events in which players can win Racing Gear items and cars as prizes, according to performance. The content of the prizes and the conditions for winning them will vary per event.
•Details of the various events are found in [GT Life] – [Online Events].

Parts purchases through the Settings screen
•In the Settings screen, parts that players have not yet purchased will now have a shopping cart icon appearing next to them. These can now be purchase on the spot. Purchased parts will immediately be equipped on their car.
•For details, refer to Top Menu – [Manual] – [GT Life] – [Settings]

Improved Opponent AI Algorithm
•The search range of opponent AI has been expanded and their intelligence algorithm has been improved.

Interrupting and resuming Championship races
•In the championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec modes within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
•If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and a player’s record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time the player starts the game, they can continue the championship race from where they left off.

Additional music track
•After playback of the ending movie (*short version), “Day To Live/daiki kasho” will be added as a bonus music track.

Other Changes
•Check the physical endurance of drivers that are resting in the B-Spec endurance races.
•Sort the garage by [Last Car Driven]
•In [Weight Adjustment] of [Settings], players can now see changes in the front to rear weight balance when the ballast position is changed.
•The A-Spec driver is now displayed in the profile screen.
•In the pit menu of B-Spec, the time limit for being able to direct pit work has been changed from reaching “0″ in the count down, to “Until the car comes to a complete stop”.
•The sorting order of the music album has been improved.
•When selecting a track created in Course Maker from the course album of Arcade Mode or GT Mode, players can now run single races with up to 16 cars. (Excluding some tracks such as those made before the update, and dirt tracks.)
•It is now possible to take 3D photographs even without connecting a 3D compatible TV.
•It is now possible to export 3D photographs to [Photo] on the XMB™.

Correction of Known Issues
•PDI has addressed the issue of the maximum speed set in the transmission settings of the settings menu differing from the actual top speed of the car. This will affect cars equipped with the relevant transmission tuning part, and almost all racing cars. Cars for which each gear ratio was adjusted manually with a full customised transmission in update versions 1.07 and earlier will not be affected.
•An issue with the increase and decrease of the online logon bonus has been corrected.
•An issue where the player’s car and opponents’ cars braked at the wrong timings in the pit lane during B-Spec has been corrected.
•A problem where racing sound effects were turned off after changing settings in the quick menu has been corrected.
•An issue of how dirty the oil is when players purchase a used car not being affected by the car’s mileage has been corrected.
•An issue where some of the driver gear colours had changed after the 1.06 update has been corrected.
•An issue in the championships of GT Life where opponent cars kept using the same tyres in the second race and onwards has been corrected.
•An issue where the menu BGM was being played back during remote racing rather than the race BGM has been corrected.
•An issue of the program freezing when opening a garage containing nearly the maximum number of cars has been corrected.

it's a nice little update, but it would be nicer to get some new cars/tracks, some sort of online structured races.
PD once again proves how awful they are desiging proper gui. Now after a race you can end up getting 6 or 7 popups telling what you have won. The update to allow you ro buy stuff from the car tuning menu is great but damn they have put lots of effort to get the navigation system so horrible it is. Getting the cursor on the screen on the right place is harder than guiding a blind and deaf tortoise through a 3d labyrinth.

I don't know what they claim to have done to the ai but it is still useless. The new lotus 111R challenge around tsukuba is fun though. Great car, defenately worth checking out!
AI is better, just not faster

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG