The online racing simulator
Firefox 4 is out!
(161 posts, started )
Calling someone a nazi is still racist.
nazis are not a race
About time to permaban you shadowww
I like Firefox 4, it's pretty good, but frankly not good enough to turn me away from Chrome. I tried using FF4 for a day, but after about 30 seconds I missed the Chrome address bar, and how smart it is at figuring out which page I'm going to before I finish typing. I know that shouldn't be a game-breaker, but I'm so used to it now that going back is like losing a finger. I do like the new FF UI, even though it is embarrassingly close to Opera, like completely copied. I could make a big impassioned speech about how open-source is inherently derivative and never innovates, but I'll hold it in for your sake. All in all, I give it 4 out of 5. Good, but not OMG good.
there is probably a plugin for that honestly
-
(DarkTimes) DELETED by DarkTimes
oh well with 4 tabs on 250~760 MB it doesn't go up to 1GB its good
I don't really see what the mini race issue was about, He said Latvian members were idiots, He got called a Nazi.. Both were stale comments.

If you called him a dumbass though, I would have definitely started laughing.
Quote from DarkTimes :I like Firefox 4, it's pretty good, but frankly not good enough to turn me away from Chrome. I tried using FF4 for a day, but after about 30 seconds I missed the Chrome address bar, and how smart it is at figuring out which page I'm going to before I finish typing.

My FF4 does the same by deafult. I've tried other browsers and got the exact the same feeling, it's called detachment to something and just the fact that you are used with one certain browser. Switching to new gets you slightly confused and makes instantly feeling that it is missing something since you are used to something different. Force of habits.
that's the same reason I can't leave Firefox...because of the awesome bar it's the best address bar in any browser and once I got used to it, I can't use an ordinary address bar anymore
is there an "old bar" extension for ff4 yet? i hate ff3's "awesome bar".

i used to use "old location bar" but it doesn't have an update for ff4, and i don't want to trash my profile fudging the compatibility stuff.
whats awesome bar do?
does ff 4 come with it by default? it looks exactly what i already have, and i definately diddnt already install it
Quote from logitekg25 :does ff 4 come with it by default? it looks exactly what i already have, and i definately diddnt already install it

awesome bar is in firefox by default since firefox 3
ok good
Firefox's mode of operation:

People sure get passionate about their favourite software.
I like to think Chrome is being done by professionals, and FireFox is being done by Enthusiasts. Both do a great job when you consider where they are coming from, and FireFox should be commended for doing a great job against IE6 and showing the world how bad it really was. But the fact remains, Chrome is more secure and it's where the professional devs are going. This is because of not only the 6 week release cycle, but also because they are fast. Not as fast as FireFox in all metrics at time of writing, but I bet in another 6 weeks it will be. And then FireFox 5 will come out and be faster, but then another six weeks after that Chrome will be faster again. I will pick Chrome over FireFox because even tho FF is now a Browser War Veteran (in much the way Britain was during WWII) Chrome is the USA (coming in late in the game) and will turn the tide against IE and win the browser war.

That being said, I am typing this from a Google Cr-48, so I might be a little bias.
Whoever makes a browser or OS that literally cannot be hacked/infected will make billions. Some say thats impossible but I don't think so. I can't imagine the future when our time-travelling quantum computers get redirect viruses. You want to go to Woodstock in 1969 and you end up somewhere in Russia in 1945.
Quote from flymike91 :. You want to go to Woodstock in 1969 and you end up somewhere in Russia in 1945.

That's the reality, Future is not bright and pink.
Quote from -NightFly- :That's the reality, Future is not bright and pink.

and doesn't have Jimi Hendrix playing the Star-Spangled Banner. Or Voodoo Child.
Or full of people handing out acid.
Quote from DeKo :Or full of people handing out acid.

Well then, what's the point of going?

Firefox 4 is out!
(161 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG