The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :I'm not "fanboying" it. Just stating the facts.

You whingers will always find something to moan about though, despite the fact that a simple fiddle with the sound sliders will solve the issue. In the time it took to come here and write a post you could have turned the skid slider down. Problem solved.

Doesn't erase the fact it's in the game in the first place does it? I shouldn't have to play with the sounds, there should be a global sound variable and THAT's it, same for all sims, I don't want the sound to, well, sound REAL, not artificial. The crash sound on netkar is horrendous, it may aswell be a guy shouting CRASH. It would at least be funny for a while.
Quote from BlueFlame :Doesn't erase the fact it's in the game in the first place does it? I shouldn't have to play with the sounds, there should be a global sound variable and THAT's it, same for all sims, I don't want the sound to, well, sound REAL, not artificial. The crash sound on netkar is horrendous, it may aswell be a guy shouting CRASH. It would at least be funny for a while.

You're right, everyone is the same and should have the same settings. They should remove the graphic and control settings aswell, you shouldn't have to play with control settings, there should be a global control variable that everyone uses.

Oh no, wait a minute, everybody likes different settings. The same way the controls are adjustable for different hardware, sound setting are exactly the same. Just because they sound shit for you, doesn't mean they sound shit for everyone.

Seriously, your sense of logic leads me to wonder if you actually aren't just a bot sent out to be an idiot. I'm amazed you can turn on a PC.
Quote from DeKo : Just because they sound shit for you, doesn't mean they sound shit for everyone.

seriuosly dude, those skid sounds suck so bad. they sound like it's either on or off. there is no progression of the sound.
Quote from BlueFlame :The crash sound on netkar is horrendous, it may aswell be a guy shouting CRASH.

I'm not bothered with this, as I try not to crash... recommendable!

Regarding the skid sound, what annoys me is that it's completely gone in the wet. No skidding sound for me at all. Is it just me or do others have the same??
Quote from titanLS :Ha. Stay on the track.

Trento Bondone is the best $20 I've spent in a looong time.

+1
Quote from DeKo :You're right, everyone is the same and should have the same settings. They should remove the graphic and control settings aswell, you shouldn't have to play with control settings, there should be a global control variable that everyone uses.

Oh no, wait a minute, everybody likes different settings. The same way the controls are adjustable for different hardware, sound setting are exactly the same. Just because they sound shit for you, doesn't mean they sound shit for everyone.

Seriously, your sense of logic leads me to wonder if you actually aren't just a bot sent out to be an idiot. I'm amazed you can turn on a PC.

With regards to sound, you can't really percieve it two different ways, you either hear it or you don't.

Graphics are different, not everyone can run full graphics, but having certain sounds turned off, or down isn't gonna make jack shit of a performance difference.
Quote from Gnomie :Regarding the skid sound, what annoys me is that it's completely gone in the wet. No skidding sound for me at all. Is it just me or do others have the same??

It's not just you. Try to replace skidWet file in sfx folder.
Quote from DeKo :You're right, everyone is the same and should have the same settings. They should remove the graphic and control settings aswell, you shouldn't have to play with control settings, there should be a global control variable that everyone uses.

sounds so ****ing shit i actually shat bricks out my mouth
Quote from titanLS :Ha. Stay on the track.

Trento Bondone is the best $20 I've spent in a looong time.

+1

It feels a bit like Nordschleife in some areas...
Quote from BlueFlame :With regards to sound, you can't really percieve it two different ways, you either hear it or you don't.

The nature of perception dictates that two people can indeed hear it two different ways. Difference is exactly what perception allows for. Sound only exists as vibrations until your brain perceives and interprets them.

With that being said, in my limited experience the nKp sounds need more improvement than anything.
Trento Bondone is very fun indeed. I made a video of it with the Osella.

Too bad the game still is rather unpolished in many places, but for 15e its still a pretty good buy.
how to install softh in nkpro????? help please links? and imprim paint?
Feels good. However, the wet track doesn't feel right. The grip level at the front just seems wrong.
Quote from Intrepid :Feels good. However, the wet track doesn't feel right. The grip level at the front just seems wrong.

1. Can you, please, specify what exactly is wrong?
2. Are you professional racer or do you have any experience with real life racing?

No offense
Anyone else got problems with shadows popping up at trento bondone? Tried fiddling with all kinds of settings but I just can't get rid of it.
Quote from troy :Anyone else got problems with shadows popping up at trento bondone? Tried fiddling with all kinds of settings but I just can't get rid of it.

me (ingame setup: all details on max, AA off)
Quote from sluggy :
2. Are you professional racer or do you have any experience with real life racing?

He's the worlds greatest living authority on Karting.....
*ahem*
KARTING KARTING MICHAEL SCHUMACHER SENNA KARTING KARTING AYRTON SENNA KARTING KARTOR FORMULA 1 KART KART KART.

I think that's about right?
The Vintage is a lot of fun.

Somehow I feel that the FF1600 and FF1800 should drive in a similar way. That is, always on the verge of oversteer, completely throttle steerable. But the FF's aren't like that. They feel completely dead after fighting the KS-V around.

The tire skid sounds are more abrupt than before. More abrupt longitudinally than laterally.
Quote from The Moose :He's the worlds greatest living authority on Karting.....

Oh
Sorry I'm relatively novice, here.
Quote from sluggy :Sorry I'm relatively novice, here.

Dont worry..I was being sarcastic

Intrepid does race Karts though.

I like the wet weather, it's well done and lots of fun, but I'm not entirely convinced about the grip levels either, especially at the front end. I do love the feel of the rear end squirming about in the puddles though.

As a first attempt it's pretty good though. It'll be interesting to see how Kunos develops the weather.

I'm interested to hear what Tristan has to say about the wet weather.
I won't claim to have spent hours on nKP, or tried every level of rain (hence I didn't know the first few clicks don't give you wets), or every car.

But I did play with the F3 car, the GP2 car and the Vintage in the wet (and the Hillclimb in the dry).

I like the wet. The puddles do seem to exist rather than the track being uniformly slippery. The front end wash out is also pretty realistic I think, exaggerated by being on a computer with no proper feel. It's SO easy in the wet to turn the wheels too much and start sliding towards the outside of the corner, and you have to crawl around at a snails pace - even though in reality the single seater in the pouring rain is going far faster than a good road car in the dry!!

The spray is a bit rubbish - not played multiplayer, but external cameras show the spray being rubbish. That's not a big concern though.

Overall I think it's a good effort at wet racing. It's a bit hard to spot the wetter areas and drier areas of the track, as the puddles don't seem to correspond to the glossy areas of track. But I do like having to feather the throttle and hold slight opposite lock on a straight in 4th gear because I've hit a puddle.

Has anyone done enough laps in the damp to see if a dry line appears?
I'm really glad they pushed out an unfinished product.

I've been having huge fun with the vintage on the hillclimb in the rain.
If only I could use my clutch or change the gear ratios...
Cheers Tristan, always nice to hear your opinion. I trust your judgement more than a certain other person

No, there is no drying line yet. I read somewhere that Kunos intends to introduce a more dynamic weather system in future builds... to the point that it can be raining at one end of the circuit and wet at the other.

Cant remember where I read it I'm afraid so I cant link to it.
I think I read it too! Can't wait.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG