The online racing simulator
Quote from The Moose :Invisible walls are back? Not come across any yet myself, but it would help if you said where they are, preferably with a pic, so they can be reported in the bug forum.

Lots of CDT problems online, and no way to turn off auto clutch in the Vintage seem to be the main bugs reported so far.

Yes, lots of invisible walls on the hillclimb, especially around trees on hairpins.

Struggling to get the FFB nice. Having the gain low enough to avoid saturation and clipping results in a stupidly light wheel (G25, and I know that can provide some torque!). Damping and friction should be off, as they feel rubbish (unless you want to simulate either a seizing steering column or using 250 grade oil as the rack lubricant).

The wet tyres are far too fragile, especially on the vintage car thing (that is nowhere near being vintage)

The starter motor keeps trying to autostart my car, even though it's already running.

Still don't like having to leave the game to adjust settings... but I'll cope!
wet tyres? I can't even change the tyres from what they are set as default.. lol
NetKar is so realistic that the tyres are changed to wets automatically. You can't even try dry tyres on a damp track. Think of nKP as a very strict race engineer.

Ride height reporting is still wrong. An F3 car at 45mm front ride height will never ever tough the ground on a flat track. Either that or there is a bug in the suspension that makes it really soft.
Quote from tristancliffe :NetKar is so realistic that the tyres are changed to wets automatically. You can't even try dry tyres on a damp track. Think of nKP as a very strict race engineer.

Ride height reporting is still wrong. An F3 car at 45mm front ride height will never ever tough the ground on a flat track. Either that or there is a bug in the suspension that makes it really soft.

Ah, that explains it, it's very odd, the physics of the vintage are FUN, but I don't know how REAL they are. Osella is kind of odd too, in the same way as the vintage you can catch insane drift angles with 10:1 steering ratio, in the wet and the dry.

Also, I'm reminded of how bad the contact physics are, and the collision noises.... ARGHHHH
Its a steal at £12.95!
Quote from tristancliffe :NetKar is so realistic that the tyres are changed to wets automatically. You can't even try dry tyres on a damp track. Think of nKP as a very strict race engineer..

To be fair..it doesn't give you wets until you are on the 5th click in the weather settings. You most certainly will have slicks on a damp track

Invisible walls... off the racing surface on the hillclimb I suppose is what you mean? I thought originally that you meant on the track...so I can live with that
I have a problem, when I put the maximun rain possible, the sound of the thunderstorm stays all day. Even when I leave the game I can hear the thunders and the rain touchin the ground
Is it raining outside?
Probably didn't close properly - look in the task manager if nks.exe is still running and close it from there...
Quote from bbman :Probably didn't close properly - look in the task manager if nks.exe is still running and close it from there...

May be, but even when I race again in sunny conditions the sound of rain is still there

And Tristan it is not
Does some-buddy have good recourse for setups, where I can also get some setups for the new cars?

Since the shier amount of setup options on the osella is kind of intimidating for me.
Fix for online crash to desktop

" In order to stop crashing to desktop ,try this : right click on netKar PRO_NT.exe and then compatibility and choose "run this program in compatibility mode -> windows vista (service pack 2). Also choose the "Disable visual themes" and "Disable dekstop composition".

Works with Win 7 64bit. Don't know about other O/S
I finally bought a license for 14.90€

My favourite: Trento - Bondone with Abarth 500
is rain part of the demo?
Quote from dadge :nice video but the skidding sounds would do my head in.

they do, they really do, the crash .wav is the same aswell, nomatter what direction and strength of the collision it's always the same noise. Even if you sideswipe a wall. LOL it's just a reapted loop of the same damn noise.
Quote from dadge :nice video but the skidding sounds would do my head in.

unless of course you turn the skid noise down.....
Quote from The Moose :unless of course you turn the skid noise down.....

but then you don't know there the limit is, even though netkar squeels at almost anything
Quote from BlueFlame :but then you don't know there the limit is

I didn't say turn it off did I?

Just play with the sounds until you have a nice balance. I have no problem getting all the feedback I need from the sound.
Quote from The Moose :I didn't say turn it off did I?

Just play with the sounds until you have a nice balance. I have no problem getting all the feedback I need from the sound.

There's no need to fanboy it, we all know YOU find the game fine. Trento Bondone track is a joke, so many areas of that track spit you into orbit.
Quote from BlueFlame :There's no need to fanboy it, we all know YOU find the game fine.

I'm not "fanboying" it. Just stating the facts.

You whingers will always find something to moan about though, despite the fact that a simple fiddle with the sound sliders will solve the issue. In the time it took to come here and write a post you could have turned the skid slider down. Problem solved.
Quote from BlueFlame :Trento Bondone track is a joke, so many areas of that track spit you into orbit.

Ha. Stay on the track.

Trento Bondone is the best $20 I've spent in a looong time.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG