The online racing simulator
Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
How can people say no to new people?
You people are strange...

The more the merrier!
Quote from Dennis93 :Just more Wreckers on the Demo...

Hahaha... Unfortunately I think you're right.

I think those who buy games at Steam are in a completely different customer group than those LFS is meant for.
Quote from The Very End :How can people say no to new people?

Some people are too self-conceited to pull their heads out of their asses and notice there is a lot of other peoples who are not a worse kind or something.
And some people on this forum think to highly of themselves as of someone who is better than anyone else.

I see this kind of behaviour very often especially on forums dedicated to simulators.
i guess people need something to reassure themself they are a better kind of humans or something.
Quote from Dennis93 :Just more Wreckers on the Demo...

Good plan.

I say NO.

Demo? Title says "sell".
Quote from Ni-san :Hahaha... Unfortunately I think you're right.

I think those who buy games at Steam are in a completely different customer group than those LFS is meant for.

I have every game from the Race series and I use them through Steam and they are not the only sims on my list Steam is great software, especially with discounts
To get on topic, LFS would probably get more publicity but those who are serious racers probably know of it anyway. I started with LFS and by now I've tried every sim on the market that is worth trying.
However, it is true that from the customers' point of view, you gain nothing since you can download it and pay with paypal
maybe if we had the option to NOT use steam as I find it annoying.
If LFS would get steam, a safety/race feature should be added (something like in iRacing, although I have never played that, but it seems to have a good feature on that. (don't take my word for it since I never played it (it seems to expensive for me (since I am a student)))), because that would keep crashers away.
Quote from aroX123 :/facepalm.

More sales = more cash = better development. Perhaps another dev, that they pay.

More money is good in any way, if theres many new "newbies" then they will most likely only go on public servers, the leagues will stay the same, and most of the proper racers in lfs is mostly in leagues.

It was stated that have more €€€ incoming wouldn't speed up the development
-
(Chupacabras84) DELETED by Chupacabras84
I'm on the side that can't see what it'd hurt.

Might as well. More drivers is always better, even if some of them are wreckers. They get weeded out easily enough.
I was reading article on czech gaming server this week, with which i would mostly agree.

One indie developer expresses his feelings about selling games on Steam.
At first his team thought it would be good, because lots of cost would be saved on the way dev->distributor->retail company->gaming shop->end customer, but after some time they found out, that most of the sales comes from actions, like Midweek Madness, Christmas, Easter etc. and get there was very difficult, Valve selects games in their free will, without any explanations they can say no.
In the end they decided to pull out of Steam, it wasn't worth it, because they had to pay some money from the sale to Valve too and while their games were good, people mostly buy only things, which they see on the main page or in the Steam-launch-popup, active searching isn't done too often.

What this would mean for devs -> either they would sell it for the same price, but got less money, or bigger price to keep the income on the same level. Also paying to Valve wouldn't help much imo.

I'm not saying no to this, because anything, that can keep them financially secured and (hopefully) keep developing, would be good, but at this point it's waste of resources. Maybe when S3 comes out...

And also Steam kiddies...
Lfs on steam is a great idea, they sell gtr evo on steam and a couple other sims.
Quote from mutt107 :Lfs on steam is a great idea, they sell gtr evo on steam and a couple other sims.

Since when are sim bin games sims?
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'm on the side that can't see what it'd hurt.

Might as well. More drivers is always better, even if some of them are wreckers. They get weeded out easily enough.

this

public racing is dead anyway, more sales wouldn't hurt more track licensing/scans
wink wink
Wouldn't Steam get a share of the money? So LFS wouldn't exactly be making large profit.

I don't really care about more people personally, I just want a freakin update.

The more the merrier!

I agree.

But why don't you try to get into a server on Counter Strike Source, just any server i dont care which.

IF you can stay there without being called a ***** or ***** atleast 10 times in 1 hour. I'll buy you a fruitcake full of non norweigan fruits.
Quote from PMD9409 :Wouldn't Steam get a share of the money? So LFS wouldn't exactly be making large profit.

Steam won't get anything, Valve will.
Quote from Dennis93 :But why don't you try to get into a server on Counter Strike Source, just any server i dont care which.

IF you can stay there without being called a ***** or ***** atleast 10 times in 1 hour. I'll buy you a fruitcake full of non norweigan fruits.

Um, why I have never been called a ***** or ***** in CS:S? Possibly because I took 5 minutes of my life time to find a decent server?
Quote from E.Reiljans :Steam won't get anything, Valve will.

Wrong name, same point.

Quote :
Um, why I have never been called a ***** or ***** in CS:S? Possibly because I took 5 minutes of my life time to find a decent server?

It's because Dennis IS a ***** or ***** in CSS.

People don't always take time to find a decent server, in any game. Obviously it is their own fault, not the game itself.
ITT: people showing how much they don't know how business works.

The more the merrier!

This.

However much you think you're all better than the other people, elitism kills communities in the long run.
Quote from Crashgate3 :This.

However much you think you're all better than the other people, elitism kills communities in the long run.

Take this community for example. Elitism is everywhere you go. Makes it unpleasant at times and puts you off the game. If I lurked on the forum as a demo user before I got paid for S2, I doubt I'd have done it.

I've actually spent more time on demo servers than I have S2 ones.
I'll tell you what, anyone who has raced with me I'm sure has an enjoyable race. Everyone needs time to race... I was banned form IHR, trying my best to learn how to race in LFS causing wrecks and generally not driving well because I was.

#1 new to the game
#2 new to the tracks
#3 new to the G27
#4 new to the physics of this game

Are you saying that we shouldn't enlist more users because 2 out of 5 maybe bad or hell even 3 out of 4 are bad wreckers?

If you are playing demo on you will get wrecked, most people are learning don't know how serious the game is because probably never played a serious game like this before (I know I didn't before this game) but if you give them the chance I'd rather 1 new good racer even if it means 3 bad. Why?

There is one full multi class server during the Europe timezone. That's cargame Multiclass... Pretty sad when you say this is a world wide event.

Not only that but I didn't even know about or FIND this game until late 2009... How many great racers are out there that have NO IDEA about this game? There is pretty much ZERO budget for advertising so why not place it somewhere where it will get that....

That is Steam IMO. even if it sells on the blow out sale for 10$ if 2000 people buy it for 10$ I'd be more than happy if only 50 regulars play which would mean a full server during the North American time zone.

It is the elitism that really kills this game. Please don't think you are better than anyone, because I'm sorry to let you know... You aren't.

I just want MORE players so I can enjoy the game.. I really don't even care about S3 I just have no one to play unless I play FBM AA demo otherwise everything else is empty... Unless of cruse you want do cruise, which i'd rather not.

Oh and BTW, it doesn't mean the game has to be exclusive to steam.... Just like when I bought COD cd, i couldn't use the steam version, which meant I couldn't install and I couldn't use the shift enter to chat to others in game, which was annoying. LFS can be standalone and ON steam.
Maybe after the game is out of beta.
I always forget that lfs is still a beta (DEVELOPERS LOOK HERE---> STILL A BETA <---DEVELOPERS LOOK HERE)
Actually, it's still alpha
With the new patch it will loose its alpha tag.

Sell LFS on Steam!
(152 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG