The online racing simulator
I spent a couple hours playing it last night instead of doing my (more important) homework... I have the same FFB issues, and it took a long, long time to get the steering set up half-decently. Brakes are still on/off, and the throttle isn't much better. Physics on Hardcore are rubbish. The car either has loads of grip, or it has loads of under or oversteer. There is no in between.

The whole sticker application system is utterly terrible, too. You can't make a straight line becuase the system adds stickers to your car in perspective, and you can't fine-tune the sticker placement at all; the controls are too sloppy and unresponsive. To top it off, once I had spent the better part of a half hour trying to make two racing stripes (the simplest thing in the world, really) I hit the right button but then it glitched out and sent me back to the screen inside the shop, still with all the sticker placement controls and I had to Alt+Ctrl+Delete to exit the game. The second time I tried to just paint it and after paying my car was still the original colour (yes, I paid and yes it showed me it in the new colour before it loaded up the freedrive again).

Everytime I exit the game my computer restarts. If the game has been running too long my computer restarts. The graphics aren't that good. The license tests are abysmally innane. The 'characters' are as cardboard as the box the game was (probably) shipped in (I downloaded it, thankfully). Overall, this game is ridiculously bad.

...Of course, you have to expect that from Atari, really.
My copy didn't turn up today, which sucks, but my new Xbox Kinect did turn up, and I'm now a lot fitter than I was this morning.
Hey, at least you can deinstall the game without worrying about the data on your system drive, eh?
No wonder they had all those yummy cars for grabs if you preordered. They knew it was going to be utter shit...

Attached images
mb.PNG
Ooh

Add a Dino and a Viper and you got my vote
That colour red looks horrid imho. Far too saturated. And they should both be silver.

Just sayin'.
Really wish I could sell that god awful mustang, then I would've had room for an Atom.
Quote from Silverracer :Can the people who said they had the controller issues please respond?

Have you tried the above - can it really be not that bad as you've put it out. Obviously, not expecting a lot, but they way its been described ain't leaving much to be desired. Would appreciate an informed choice before shelling out if it really ain't worth it... Thanks.

It feels numb with a PS3 controller.

It feels like, driving on marshmallows. I don't think there is a physics model at all with this game. Nose does not dip there is no weight transfer at all, all wheels seem to have the same traction. The only way to break lose with the car to drift is to do something stupid. I'm playing with hard core physics, but it feels like I'm playing a SEGA racing game from 95. As far as graphics go, it's around the same as the TDU1, but with day night cycles. Basically what they have here is TDU 1.5 (remember the last patch for TDU was 1.65, so it is a step back), but they somehow managed the make the driving model worse! Voice acting is bad, I want to punch most of the voice actors.

I hope it get's better with time, because like the first game, it has tons of potential. Even just updating the physics model to the TDU1 version would be a step up. Removing the story line mode would also be a good idea because it's crap also.
Well I've had fun chucking my E-Type Jag about, the physics seem fine to me. Still can't believe you can get an E-Type for like $25,000 when in the first game it was $300,000.
Quote from atc quicksilver :well i've had fun chucking my e-type jag about, the physics seem fine to me. Still can't believe you can get an e-type for like $25,000 when in the first game it was $300,000.

It was 40.000, one of the cheapest G-cars.
Sadly, I pre-ordered it thinking .. "how bad can it be".

well to say the least it's horrible. I spent 1/2 a day playing with the wheel settings to get it playable with my dfgt. the physics ...are umm....well they don't really exist. I did not buy the game expecting it to be a simulator, but it even fails at arcade.

But out of all that, the thing that bothers me the most.... the horsepower gauge in the Bugatti doesn't work!!!
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It was 40.000, one of the cheapest G-cars.

:S Guess I'm a tit then. I always assume it will be worth like $100,000 at least.
So, I bought a Caterham, as I did in TDU1 aswell, but apparently the British tuner isn't the right one for the Caterham? What tuner would be?
Quote from mr_x :I'm quite disappointed by it - was looking forward to something just to have fun on (wasn't bothered by physics), using the gamepad I got the Mustang as my first car and it's very frustrating with the on/off accelerate/brake, soon as the car starts to slide you've lost it due to lack of throttle control, they NEED to fix that bug straight away.

Well, I've completely changed my opinion of this game, I had a play today and got really into it! I tried it with the G25 instead of gamepad I was using and used the settings from adamlfs (from post quoted below) and it's much more drivable - it does still snap sometimes, but it can be just about controlled!

Quote from adamlfs :<quoted for post-link for attachments>

I bought an Alfa Brera for the A7 c'ship... does anyone else find some rediculous random snap oversteer?
yes, it gets reduced if you go to sport mode(whats the point of hard coremode if the whole thing is unrealistic anyway).
Well i've found that Sport and Hardcore feel the same. You get crazy snap oversteer or understeer in both settings.

I wish they just kept with what they had in TDU1, Hardcore mode which was an extra that you unlocked once you reached the highest level and actually worked. The cars used to wheel spin like mad and you could easily control drifts.
OMFG downloaded the game and uninstalled it after 5 minutes... what a huge pice of sh!t.... Is not because is not real, is just BAD, worst control ever, unplayable. And better to not talk about the performance... NFS HP looks 100x better and runs at much higher frame rate. It takes half space in the hard disk as well, this was 15Gb of CRAP. I think Atari should leave the industry of videogames and start making bread instad. :bananadea
You guys are lucky... I have to review this piece of crap...
Quote from mr_x :Well, I've completely changed my opinion of this game, I had a play today and got really into it! I tried it with the G25 instead of gamepad I was using and used the settings from adamlfs (from post quoted below) and it's much more drivable - it does still snap sometimes, but it can be just about controlled!

This!
Find all the car wrecks and you get a bonus car!

A VW Beetle.:banghead:
Quote from Bose321 :You guys are lucky... I have to review this piece of crap...

Review : Dont buy it.

Think that sums it up im going to try 1 last time tomorrow to give it a chance though i have a sneaky suspicion it just isnt going to pull through
Quote from Rappa Z :Find all the car wrecks and you get a bonus car!

A VW Beetle.:banghead:

Either its a hell of a Beetle...or my Merc's slow around bends. Dune buggy's beast offroad however. Not too shabby on road either
i enjoyed the beta until i won the r8 twice trying all day long for 4 days straight,and i still didnt get it... but u have to separate a car game from a sim. it wont feel real ever. just drive,watch the scenery etc.i drove with kb,wasnt bad at all.i will buy it soon once i get this bimmer running.now time for moh 2010 ! :d

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG