256MB
768MB
128MB
384MB
64MB or less
640MB
How much memory have your graphic card?
Hi,

just had an idea after viewing Steam survey to help LFS devs to realize how much they can improve LFS texture to hi-res for next big realease or S3 to not to make it just for minor number of people who could use it as neither me or devs know what people use in general.

Please do not include shared memory(mostly used in notebooks) as it does not provide same performance(less bandwith) as onboard memory on the graphic card

The question is simple "How much memory have your graphic card"

Thank you for your vote in advance.

P.S.:Scawen, Eric. May I ask you to put it sticky for a while so you dont have to ask something like that any time later. Just to have enough data for you.
1gb EVGA GTX 460.
1024mb. Thats pretty much mainstream already.

The current textures are waaaay too old and small. For myself, i made myself 8k resolution textures for BL. Looks alot better now.
Quote from hazaky :1024mb. Thats pretty much mainstream already.

The current textures are waaaay too old and small. For myself, i made myself 8k resolution textures for BL. Looks alot better now.

There a lot of people who use older graphic card with less memory. 1024 MB is for new cards as standard.I have been thinking how much effort devs need to put in highres textures. The bigger one the more work it requires.
#5 - J@tko
1791MB
#7 - J@tko
GeForce 9500M. Or at least that's what it says on the sticker
That is notebook card and does not have onboard more then 512. The lest is shared memory which is much slower. Should not be counted in as memory graphic because it decrease the perfomance a lot.

I will update first post probably to make people understand it better.
#9 - J@tko
Quote from DEVIL 007 :That is notebook card and does not have onboard more then 512. The lest is shared memorz which is much slower. Should not be counted in as memory graphic because it decrease the perfomance a lot.

I will update first post probablz to make people understand it better.

Lol well I don't know much about computers so I just went with whatever it said

EDIT: Ah that's why it says "up to 1791"
Hell ...

This poll should be:
128 or less
2048 or more
no, it should be less than 128, 128 or more, 512 or more, 1GB or more, 2GB or more
My graphics card has a 1024 MB memory.

Anyways, if someone has got less memory than required for the hi-res textures, he can turn low res textures on in the graphics options.
512MB, GDDR5 (Radeon HD 4770)
Both of my cards have 512MB RAM. (Not 1024MB combined :shy
1024mb gddr5 (hd 5770)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480, 1.5Gb
Quote from hazaky :Hell ...

This poll should be:
128 or less
2048 or more

Quote from majod :no, it should be less than 128, 128 or more, 512 or more, 1GB or more, 2GB or more

Just vote guys....there would be people asking I have 768 what should I vote. I tried to make it as more simple as possible and reflecting what all options have been in past untill now. Forgot to add 320 & 896MB thought. Also be realistic as the current textures use around 70-90 of grahic memory so 2GB option is really useless.

Quote from Flame CZE :My graphics card has a 1024 MB memory.

Anyways, if someone has got less memory than required for the hi-res textures, he can turn low res textures on in the graphics options.

Yes, but this is just devs to show what most memory they can use for graphic card and in the same time how much hires texture creation make sense.
Nvidia GF G210 512mb ddr2
carp ATI mobility radeon x2300 - 128mb

but still i can run LFS on max settings except aa/af
Sapphire HD 2600 pro / 512 DDR2
1GB GTX285 with a 1GB 9500 for the 2nd and 3rd screens, so *technically* 2GB
I remember when I got nVidia 6200 TurboCache...it felt sometimes it overflowed it self by being so hot...

I have lots of memories with it...those memories, at least I guess I have 4 terabytes of memories about that graphic card...

anyway it was total failure...
maybe eventually they could have installers for high res LFS and a low res lfs.
Kinda like lord of the rings online.
Lfs with DX11 graphics would be amazing.
GeForce 9600gt m, 512MB DDR2 RAM.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG